RDF/REF Command Structure

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • Last_Valk_Standing's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

RDF/REF Command Structure was created by Last_Valk_Standing

I've read through several different fanfics as well as the Novels and i have always had this one thing that I always come back to, What is the structure of the RDF/REF military?

The most info i get is usually from Fanfics not from generally accepted cannon sources but just for sake of arguements and the fact that this is all Fiction anyway I thought i would open up a discussion on how everyone thinks the Command structure of the various commands would be if this were a real world Military Faction.

One of my favorite descriptions of that structure was pitched on the Attention on Deck (AOD) Fan fic. It was proposed that the RDF was separated into Navy Based, Airforce based, Marine Based Squadrons. They each had their own rank systems and their own specific mission statements. The Navy and Marine based squadrons seemed to be primarily in the Aircraft carrier's holds while the Airforce based squadrons were based more in the SDF-1's internal hanger bays. It was an interesting way to divide them up and it did make sense.

So what does everyone here think? How would this be done if it were a real world system?

(PS just to make this very clear this does not have to remain "Cannon", Much of this was never covered in the animation and anything pitched in this discussion is purely for the fun of the debate. Keep it clean)
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
14 years 2 months ago #9967

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • Last_Valk_Standing's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re: RDF/REF Command Structure

Ok so the king and the queen are at the top right? but see in reality it's actually the bishop who is in charge for reals but the keep it a secret cause the king is really mean and if he thought he wasn't in charge then he would do something bad to the bishop and then the pope would have to excommunicate him and that would be bad for all of their subjects cause it would make the whole country bad now, but the people don't all care cause they don't have time to get to church cause they have to work so they can pay the kings excessive taxes. meanwhile the queen is actually having an affair with the sheriff and they are plotting to kill the king but the king finds out and has them both sent to Tirol with no supper...... THE END ^-^
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
14 years 1 month ago #10708

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Alois-Fisher on topic Re: RDF/REF Command Structure

WEll the second generation has a more easy structure to see than Macross SAga.
UEG has a structure, also the SDF-1, the Daedalus, Prometheus, etc...
In the Serie we see just part of that...
14 years 3 days ago #11532

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Doc_John on topic Re:RDF/REF Command Structure

This sounds like a great topic.

Prior to going into cambat, utilize elint aircraft and special forces to obtain as much informnation about the enemy.Once the data has been obtained it's time to go to work.

-First off you want to disrupt the enemy's ability to wage war by disrupting it's early warning defences, radar and communications. Whether it be via song,jamming or use of Stealth technologies to achieve this goal. UNSN/UNSAF
-Air or Space supremecy/control would be next on the list. "If they can't fly, their troops are gonna die" lol. UNSN/UNSAF
-(IF NEEDED)Send in the Marines and Army units (depending on the circumstances) Utilize Close Combat Air Support to protect the troops.
-(IF NEEDED)Leave an occupying force (Army)to maintain command and control.

RDF
Navy/AF- Fighters/Bombers
REF
Marines/Army- Spec Ops/Main Battle Troops
13 years 5 months ago #13845

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re: RDF/REF Command Structure

Well, just an opinion of mine ....

Circa 1999 - 2004, United Nations Peacekeeping Force was what will ultimately become the UNDF/RDF in its embryonic incarnation. (Source - logical extrapolation)

Circa 2005 - 2011, with United Nations of Earth government officially established, United Nations Defence Forces (UNDF) came into being as a global armed forces for mankind. (Source - RT.com Macross Saga timeline, OSM, & ubiquitous UN words emblazoned on every piece of mecha in Macross saga)

Circa 2012 - 2031, United Earth Government (UEG) re-established itself with United Earth Forces (UEF) combining the elements of Southern Cross Armies (terrestrial units) & Home Fleet (TSC & TASC) known as United Earth Defence Forces (UEDF) with the Expeditionary Force (EF) & its Pioneer Mission elements. (Source - RT.com timeline, RT RPG 2nd Edition)

By 2031 - 2044, with Invid Invasion of Earth & the collapse of UEG on Earth, the Expeditionary Council reorganised EF as that of United Earth Expeditionary Forces (UEEF) from EF regulars, surviving UEDF forces that fleeing the Invid Invasion, manpower from off-world colonies (such as Mars, Jupiter, & off-solar colonies even Tyrol).(Source - RT.com timeline, RT RPG 2nd Edition, RT Wildstorm comic series, logical extrapolation)
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Protoculture.
12 years 3 months ago #17854

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: RDF/REF Command Structure

GOOD INFO.

LOOKING INTO SOME GOOD RESOURCES FOR AN ANIMATED COMIC ON A REBOOT OF ROBOTECH. FAN MADE OF COURSE. NOT SURE HOW I WILL PLAY ALL THIS INTO IT BUT LIKE SOME OF THE IDEAS.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 3 months ago #17860

Time to create page: 0.297 seconds