Toynami Roiquonmi Glaug Officer's Battlepod

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Toynami Roiquonmi Glaug Officer's Battlepod

JUST A HEADS UP..

TOYFARE RUNS IN FEB 13-16

www.toyassociation.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=toy_Fair

AND WE WILL PROBABLY SEE THE FIRST IMAGES OF ROBOTECH FROM COLLECTIONDX

www.collectiondx.com/
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 2 months ago #14264

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Lobizon
  • Lobizon's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re: Toynami Roiquonmi Glaug Officer's Battlepod

rtsurfer wrote:

Is there a price yet for the Officer's Battlepod?

Acording the card plate here: toyfair2011.figures.com/showphoto.php?ph...tle=robotech&cat=634

Release date: Summer 2011
Price: TBA
13 years 1 month ago #14686

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Toynami Roiquonmi Glaug Officer's Battlepod

Lobizon wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

Is there a price yet for the Officer's Battlepod?

Acording the card plate here: toyfair2011.figures.com/showphoto.php?ph...tle=robotech&cat=634

Release date: Summer 2011
Price: TBA

Thanks for the update and link. :)

I was really looking forward to getting one of these but like everything else associated with Robotech it seems to be on that slippery slope. Earlier the anticipated release date was Spring 2011, now its pushed back to Summer. HG must give a class to its licensees on how to screw things up :laugh:

Still no price which worries me as earlier Tomynami "collectible" Robotech and Macross mecha were and still are way over priced. Then the 1/100 VFs were more reasonable and the standard battlepod wasn't too bad although IMO still slightly overpriced.

Especially when you consider the design and quality issues of the standard battlepod. Legs and cannons that fall off off from glue issues, and loose knee joints if you can call the lack of actual knee joints, knee joints. Design issues like lack of range and possibility on most joints. Possible size issues, the battlepods appear to be up to 25% too small based on their appearance in the actual animation.

Even with my reservations I was still hoping they wouldn't jack to price up too much so I wouldn't feel like I was throwing my money away getting one. Unfortunately, the Toyfair 2011 pics don't instill confidence, not sure if its the paint or vinyl or what it is but the officers battlepod on display looks cheap, and it has a whole lot of joints/pieces that could be loose and/or fall off.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by rtsurfer.
13 years 1 month ago #14696

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds