The Future of Robotech's Music

• Mark-Warlock
  • Mark-Warlock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer
  • Thank you received: 0

The Future of Robotech's Music was created by Mark-Warlock

So I got to thinking… There have been RUMORS… [and I make sure to type that in bold because after all at this point it is rumor since there is no official word from HG or Michael Bradley.] that Michael Bradley may not be working on future Robotech projects for the time being. Now this rumor has led to much infighting between fans as well as attacks toward Harmony Gold.

Now whatever the issue is that might be keeping Michael from working on new Robotech projects is ultimately irrelevant. What IS relevant is what will the music of Robotech’s future sound like and who could possibly add to the sounds of Robotech?

Well I do have an idea. Now I realize that many fans will not like ANY change in Robotech, BUT.. if there is a change to be made and it is something that we, as fans, have no control over, then why not get behind a sound that we may be able to convince Harmony Gold to go with.?

I’m sure of the past few years many of you have heard of Matias D’ Andrea. Now, here is a FAN who has covered some of Robotech’s best music and I must say, it’s good. His versions of “We Will Win” and “Look up! The Sky is Falling” offer an updated sound that, I feel, goes well with the current animation style of Robotech.

For years fans have wanted something new from Robotech. They’ve wanted new animation, new stories, new new new. Well how about a new sound. IF it is ultimately going to happen, then why not get someone that can offer a new sound, who loved the original material, and can maintain the spirit of Robotech.

I say let’s give Matias D’ Andrea a chance. From what I hear, I know he could help bring something new to Robotech’s sound that we could all enjoy.

Listen for yourself. Picture in your mind scenes from Shadow Chronicles as you listen.

www.purevolume.com/matiasdandrea
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Mark-Warlock.
12 years 2 months ago #18123

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MIlkManX
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • There is no Robotech gospel
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by MIlkManX on topic Re: The Future of Robotech's Music

It is probably about money I am sure.

Let us hope they either resolve it or get someone good for RT:LLA.
11 years 4 months ago #19852

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re: The Future of Robotech's Music

Long as the theme has a similar ring to it as the original i'm happy.
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
11 years 4 months ago #19854

Time to create page: 0.416 seconds