What would RobotechX look like before the internet, a look into BBSing.

• MaverickLSC
  • MaverickLSC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 3

What would RobotechX look like before the internet, a look into BBSing. was created by MaverickLSC

Hi guys,

I took my old, but working Commodore 64 with a 1541 drive and 1670 modem and I recently dialed up to one of the few BBS's remaining in my local area and reminiced about the fun some of us old RT fans may have had discussing Robotech when communication took days for an answer to our questions.

I was thinking what would RobotechX looked like if it were a BBS instead of a website. I took the time to do this with some ANSI art and hopefully it rings with some of the older fans who remembered the BBSing experience as something similar.

Enjoy :)

Mav...

Welcome to ROBOTECHX BBS Fidonet v2.1
8 nodes running at 2400 baud

R O B O T E C H
O-.
.-C[/color][/b][/size]
B--.----.--E
O---.--.---T
T----..----O
E---.--.---B
C--.----.--O
H C E T O B O R

login: guest
password: guest

login name and password established
You are now connected to RobotechX BBS

Enter Commands:

<H>ome
<N>ews
<F>orum
<C>hat
<?>Help
<M>enu
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
11 years 11 months ago #18594

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• BenYbgib
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • The ghost of Ben Dixon Lives on!!!
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by BenYbgib on topic Re: What would RobotechX look like before the internet, a look into BBSing.

It would be quite a thing to see!! My dad has a portable C64(SX-64) still in his possession!! He used to have a desk Commodore 64 and a monitor for it. but they stopped working a while ago. :(
Member of the Earth Liberation force. We will NOT STOP until the Earth is taken back from the Inbit!!!
DOL member
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by BenYbgib.
11 years 7 months ago #19564

• MaverickLSC
  • MaverickLSC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: What would RobotechX look like before the internet, a look into BBSing.

I still have my brown breadbin 64 and also acquired a C128, it's a good setup for retrogaming, especially if used with the uIEC-SD hardware in which you can keep thousands of games stored on an 2 GB SD card. Also I have used my 1670 modem (2400 baud) to dial up the few remaining BBS's that exist.

You can always emulate the C64 using WinVice;

www.viceteam.org/

Here's one of my favorite 64 websites;

www.lemon64.com/
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by MaverickLSC.
11 years 7 months ago #19569

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Thoth-Amon on topic Re: What would RobotechX look like before the internet, a look into BBSing.

MaverickLSC you are all high tech!!! I still have my Vic20 and you with the fancy 64... :P
11 years 7 months ago #19573

Time to create page: 0.309 seconds