Robotech: Battlecry II Interests Vicious Cycle

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Mobius-Archer on topic Re:Robotech: Battlecry II Interests Vicious Cycle

I really liked Battlecry. It wasn't the most amazing game or anything, but it delivered just what I wanted it to. It was a fun action game with cool mechs. It was also what introduced me to Robotech. I would love for there to be a sequel. If I had my way it would be set during New Generation. New generation is my favorite though, so im pretty biased.

I played both Battlecry and Invasion before I ever saw the TV series. At the time I liked Battlecry but hated Invasion. I was also very confused when playing invasion. It seemed like it was based on a completely different series or something :laugh: After I saw the series I went back and replayed both games. I like Battlecry even more now. Invasion still sucks, but I at least enjoyed playing it the second time around.
14 years 2 months ago #10275

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:Robotech: Battlecry II Interests Vicious Cycle

I am a hard core gamer, I put in many hours a week on my games and if i didn't have RL things to do i would play more. Robotech Battle Cry while nothing super amazeing was a good game although a bit on the super simple end of things. I never played Invasion myself. I would deffinitly buy a second Battle Cry game if it ever happend. :D

GAME ON!!!!!
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
14 years 2 months ago #10289

Replied by zinjo on topic Re:Robotech: Battlecry II Interests Vicious Cycle

I have to agree if HG wants a game to stay on the shelves for more than a month, they would do well to release any game on the PC as well as platforms.

The key is to provide "MOD" tools for the PC fanbase. Valve, Dice, Volition, etc... studios who support the PC game modding community tend to see greater sales and longer shelf lives for their games. Fanbases tend to take over after the game has been released. Their mods tend to invite new players to purchase the game as a platform for the game mod they want to play.

I'm sure many in this thread could come up with quite a few new maps, vehicles and tweaks to the two existing RT games had they been released for the PC.

Console games are cheaper to produce than PC games because they are devoloped for common system specs for either XBox, PS3 and Wii. PC games require coding for multiple hardware platforms as well as multiple OS. However, PC games are capable of a much longer shelf life than console games.

So then balancing act is quite important.
14 years 1 month ago #10404

Replied by Shadow-Leader on topic Re:Robotech: Battlecry II Interests Vicious Cycle

I would like to see a second Battle Cry game as well, but I would like to see it more geared towards the war with the Robotech Masters, and with that said, I would like to see the player have the choice to go either TASC or ATAC, or even go as far as playing so many levels where your in the TASC or the ATAC, and then just for a twist add it as a co-op and make it where you can be both groups. I would say have many co-op missions as well as versus battles.
Shadow Leader
12 years 3 months ago #17993

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re:Robotech: Battlecry II Interests Vicious Cycle

IINM WBs has the video game rights to Robotech now. Doesn't appear they are presently using any of their Robotech licenses.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 3 months ago #17994

Time to create page: 0.290 seconds