What was your Robotech.com user name?

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic What was your Robotech.com user name?

OH! Speaking of Alaska Base and the Grand Cannon, did you find it suspicious that Lisa was the ONLY survivor? (Aside from T.R. Edwards, more on that later). That's because it was all according to plan! Lisa sabotages the Grand Cannon, it fires once and breaks, Dolza knows it will be defenseless and open to counterattack, he gives her just enough time to get to a predetermined safe location within the base, then launches his assault. Textbook!

Perhaps Edwards discovered Lisa's treachery! And that's why he hates Rick and Lisa so much, because he knows the dark secret truth of the RDF's greatest "heros". Of course he can't just come out with accusations, that would be political suicide. So he has to pursue other means. And of course it becomes personal, he almost DIED because of her! In this light, Edwards is a true diehard micronian patriot, who has few allies but is on the side of right.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
7 years 4 months ago #24163

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 96

Replied by Peter Young on topic What was your Robotech.com user name?

Alpha Bravo wrote: OH! Speaking of Alaska Base and the Grand Cannon, did you find it suspicious that Lisa was the ONLY survivor? (Aside from T.R. Edwards, more on that later).

Great, another spoiler.

(any possibility people using 'spoiler' above their entries?)

(AB, not meant at you, just a request in general)

I like Lisa, because in Sentinels, she has grown for the better in many aspects.

Maybe... just wondering: existing knowledge and/or experiences tend to influence how you perceive new information. I saw Sentinels before seeing the rest of Robotech. With 99% of the fanbase, it's likely to be the other way around. In more than one way, I tend to judge Lisa, Minmei and even Miriya on how they were in Sentinels. I think all three had grown for the better in those nine years.

For me, the movie is the starting point for imagining how it goes on later. Everything beyond the Regiss going on her quest is open, as far as I am concerned.
7 years 4 months ago #24279

Peter Young wrote:

Alpha Bravo wrote: OH! Speaking of Alaska Base and the Grand Cannon, did you find it suspicious that Lisa was the ONLY survivor? (Aside from T.R. Edwards, more on that later).

Great, another spoiler.

I like Lisa, because in Sentinels, she has grown for the better in many aspects.

Maybe... just wondering: existing knowledge and/or experiences tend to influence how you perceive new information. I saw Sentinels before seeing the rest of Robotech. With 99% of the fanbase, it's likely to be the other way around. In more than one way, I tend to judge Lisa, Minmei and even Miriya on how they were in Sentinels. I think all three had grown for the better in those nine years.

For me, the movie is the starting point for imagining how it goes on later. Everything beyond the Regiss going on her quest is open, as far as I am concerned.

Who here on this site are we spoilering? All 6 of us have seen the entire series umpteen times over the past 30 years.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Alpha Bravo.
7 years 4 months ago #24281

And what's more! Let's delve a bit into Lisa's psyche, shall we?

We see her flashback memories of Karl Rieber, who somehow reminds her of Lynn Kyle despite being of different ethnicity and bearing absolutely no physical resemblence whatsoever. The only thing that could possibly remind her of him would be his personality and/or mannerisms. Let's look at the flashback itself. She's a little girl, maybe 9 or 10 years old, and Karl is off to join the RDF. He's AT LEAST 18, possibly 19 or 20. Twice her age and a pedophile.

This begs several questions: Did he actively abuse her during that time? Was he conditioning her for a long-term future? She seemed to be head over heels in love with him. Did her father know of this relationship? Why didn't he put a stop to it? Did he not care? Did he APPROVE? What kind of father was this? Was HE abusing her? All this considered, the fact that she latches on to some asshole like Kyle demonstrates that she equates abuse with love.

And that works both ways, also. She would express her love towards Rick by abusing him. (Scheming with Dolza to receive Rick in return for working as a double agent, shooting Rick down during a Zentraedi attack, brainwashing Rick in the hospital, and more I can't even recall atm). And let's not forget the time she went to Mars looking for Rieber, insisting that he was still alive even though everyone knew he was dead, and REFUSED TO LEAVE when Rick arrived to rescue her. He had to forcibly remove her by punching through the wall and grabbing her with his Guardian, all the while she was screaming Rieber's name. Interesting too, that. She wouldn't even call him by his first name. Was that part of her pedo conditioning by Karl? What a storied childhood, and we're no doubt merely scratching the surface here.

Lisa clearly has impressive mental disturbances which require immediate psychiatric intervention and possibly even shock therapy. She is unfit for command and unfit for a relationship. Unstable in both respects. She probably only even got her military position because her father was an Admiral.
7 years 4 months ago #24282

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic What was your Robotech.com user name?

Alpha Bravo wrote:

Peter Young wrote:

Great, another spoiler.

Who here on this site are we spoilering? All 6 of us have seen the entire series umpteen times over the past 30 years.

THANK YOU

At least someone finally said it lol cause I would just smile and nod.
That said @Peter Young I understand you don't want to finish watching the series due to your own personal reasons, but to get upset over spoilers of an old show that you refuse to finish just seems a bit I don't know, silly?

You're lucky Rt.com forums are gone because there was nothing but spoilers :side:

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
7 years 4 months ago #24283

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

I know the Macross saga is his favorite but tbqh I find it more or less just as violent as New Generation. Did he forget Dolza's rain of death? Which actually showed all those innocent people on earth being obliterated? How is that not any worse than the apocalyptic world of New Gen?

7 years 4 months ago #24290

LadyGrimes wrote: I know the Macross saga is his favorite but tbqh I find it more or less just as violent as New Generation. Did he forget Dolza's rain of death? Which actually showed all those innocent people on earth being obliterated? How is that not any worse than the apocalyptic world of New Gen?

Don't forget, we have Lisa to thank for that. Rick would be more inclined to help her repopulate after such an event. At least, that was her gambit.
7 years 4 months ago #24292

• Thank you received: 20

Replied by Sinn on topic What was your Robotech.com user name?

Man, there were so many great topics and heated discussions. And yes the moderators were quick to pull the plug on a thread, but for the most part, people got to speak their minds.

I remember the thread regarding bringing back the" Leonard banner".... which was ongoing for over 2 years! The guys never gave up even though Steve never gave into their demands. Talk about defenders of the faith. :woohoo:

It was definitely the best of times. Harmony Gold really should have done right t by the fans and kept the site up and running. I understand that money was involved and the site wasn't very profitable, however, keeping the fandom happily engaged is always a good marketing strategy. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes, Alpha Bravo
7 years 4 months ago #24295

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Sinn wrote: Man, there were so many great topics and heated discussions. And yes the moderators were quick to pull the plug on a thread, but for the most part, people got to speak their minds.

I remember the thread regarding bringing back the" Leonard banner".... which was ongoing for over 2 years! The guys never gave up even though Steve never gave into their demands. Talk about defenders of the faith. :woohoo:

It was definitely the best of times. Harmony Gold really should have done right t by the fans and kept the site up and running. I understand that money was involved and the site wasn't very profitable, however, keeping the fandom happily engaged is always a good marketing strategy. :)

Wasn't there like a cult of Leonard fans too? I still cannot to this day, understand why Leonard was popular among them.

Also I remember a lot of pointless threads being left open especially those by this Jeebers guy I used to argue with a lot.

7 years 4 months ago #24296

LadyGrimes wrote:

Sinn wrote: Man, there were so many great topics and heated discussions. And yes the moderators were quick to pull the plug on a thread, but for the most part, people got to speak their minds.

Wasn't there like a cult of Leonard fans too? I still cannot to this day, understand why Leonard was popular among them.

Also I remember a lot of pointless threads being left open especially those by this Jeebers guy I used to argue with a lot.

Diciples of Leonard

There was also KISS, which was a Kyle cult and stood for Kyle Is Something Something

(or something) :silly:
7 years 4 months ago #24298

Time to create page: 0.581 seconds