Titan Comics Acquires ‘Robotech’ Comic License and plan new robotech

• spark300c
  • spark300c's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 3

Titan Comics Acquires ‘Robotech’ Comic License and plan new robotech was created by spark300c

Titan Comics Acquires ‘Robotech’ Comic License all I know is that they planing a new comic for 2017. there not much about the story. I least it something to look forward to
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes, Alpha Bravo
7 years 9 months ago #22845

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic Titan Comics Acquires ‘Robotech’ Comic License and plan new robotech

CAN THEY DO THIS?

WHAT'S HAPPENING!
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
7 years 9 months ago #22850

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Titan Comics Acquires ‘Robotech’ Comic License and plan new robotech

I suppose this is good news, depending on which story they decide to go with. Not gonna cross my fingers though.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
7 years 9 months ago #22881

• Peter Young
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Peter Young on topic Titan Comics Acquires ‘Robotech’ Comic License and plan new robotech

I was hoping Harmony Gold would allow IDW to develop new Robotech comics. That company has already succeeded with various other franchises, so why not Robotech?
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Peter Young.
7 years 9 months ago #22893

• Thank you received: 96

Replied by Peter Young on topic Titan Comics Acquires ‘Robotech’ Comic License and plan new robotech

E.T.A.?

Ordered a copy at the comic shop, so I guess I'll be informed when it ariives.

Anyone any idea what it will be about? The released cover suggests it will take place during Macross Saga.

Not an irrational choice. The only one of the three series edited into Robotech that was a succes in Japan.
It was the series with the largest number of episodes.
Besides, compare Robotech with other series of two or three anime edited into one. Robotech, Voltron, Macron 1; fans identified with the characters of the first subseries and lost interest once they got replaced by new ones within the same series.

On the other hand, 'Macross' has already been told. I would be more interested in how things continue after # 37. Does not necessarily have to be 'Sentinels', but I'd rather see how the characters developed further. There is more to both Max and Miriya than we saw in Macross and it would be interesting to actually see Rick and Lisa as commanders. Same with Minmei as independant adult, instead of first being lived by her fans and later dominated by Kyle. And what abou Dr. Lang? At the end of 'Macross'he was no way near the position of high commander as he was at the beginning of 'Sentinels'. Why the sudden rise? Chief scientist is one thing, but how did he became commander?

Does Robotech really have to be about war? A lot of series - live action, animated, comic - about the military do not actually involve war. You could deal with smaller problems: criminals, humans who reject the global government, Zentraedi having difficulties adjusting to civilian life (not necessarily Malcontents, terrorists. Or helping out in case of calamity or natural disaster.

It would not necessarily have to fill the gap between Macross and Sentinels. There are simply lots of stories that could be told between the first and the second Robotech Wars. Those would appear more to me than simply new stories taking place during the first war.
6 years 11 months ago #25909

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic Titan Comics Acquires ‘Robotech’ Comic License and plan new robotech

Robotech: Battlecry was amazing. It told a Reconstruction-Era centric story revolving around totally original characters set in the Macross Saga timeline. It was a completely original story which captured the essence of what made Robotech great.

There have been attempts at telling other stories also. Jack McKinney, for example, wrote some "filler" novels, such as The Masters Gambit, which attempt to explain the period between Macross and Southern Cross, how Dana left Earth to join the REF onboard the SDF-3, and other things.

The problem with the Sentinels is that, the premise isn't bad. Fans want to see more of Rick, Lisa, Max and Miriya, Minmay, but their absence must be explained. So they got command of the REF, and went off in search of the Masters. Little did they know the Masters were on their way to Earth, and they got caught up fighting a war against the Invid Regent, who contrary to his Regis counterpart, was exploring DE-evolution as a path to power, and was the equivalent of a drunk abusive wife beater husband. This was GENIUS. But the actual telling of those stories was rather lacking, and some of it was just total nonsense. We won't even talk about End of the Circle here.

Same thing with Shadow Chronicles. There are quite a few New Gen fans, who would want to see more Scott and Ariel. Combining that with more Rick sounds, on paper, to be a win-win. But it failed to deliver Rick, and arguably, it failed to deliver Scott as well. (He has the right voice actor but his behaviour is totally off). Adding insult to injury, the story was laughable, and if the leak I read about Shadow Rising was legit (and I have no reason to believe that it wasn't), it's probably a good thing that it is in production limbo for all eternity.

Palladium RPGs are probably your best bet for more Robotech. Those have been going strong for decades now. Come to think of it, aren't you a fan of those already? It's telling when their kickstarter raises literally 100 times more funding than HG's Robotech Academy.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Young
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Alpha Bravo.
6 years 11 months ago #25916

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Titan Comics Acquires ‘Robotech’ Comic License and plan new robotech

AND HERE IS THE FIRST LOOK!
WAY BETTER THAN THE TEASER THEY BEEN RELEASING.

Exclusive First Look at Robotech #1
Titan Comics gives us a sneak peek at Marco Turini’s art for the new Robotech comic.

www.denofgeek.com/us/books-comics/robote...t-look-at-robotech-1
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes, Alpha Bravo
6 years 11 months ago #25934

"Not just another retelling of the Macross saga ... In July, the story continues as we bring Carl Macek's original vision full circle."

I assume this to mean that End of the Circle/Robotech 3: Odyssey will finally become canon.

Dark Days are Coming.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
6 years 11 months ago #25936

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Titan Comics Acquires ‘Robotech’ Comic License and plan new robotech

is no impress

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
6 years 11 months ago #25939

• Thank you received: 96

Alpha Bravo wrote:

"Not just another retelling of the Macross saga ... In July, the story continues as we bring Carl Macek's original vision full circle."

I assume this to mean that End of the Circle/Robotech 3: Odyssey will finally become canon.

Dark Days are Coming.

So instead of doing what fans WANT - working out the premisses they always liked - they decide to do the opposite and work out what fans never liked anyway.

Is it too late to cancel my comic order?
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Peter Young.
6 years 11 months ago #25943

Time to create page: 0.477 seconds