• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Anime Expo posted its Schedule

Seifrietti Weisse wrote:

Hey Memo,

A good time was had by all. I'm going to attach a couple of pictures. Is there a gallery where I can upload more? Anyway, here is a pic of the panel. You can see Tommy, Steve, and Kevin.

Hey SW! Sorry but we don't have a gallery just yet, still working on that of many things. But trust me I gotta speed up the development process here since Comic Con is coming up. You can send me the images via email if its ok with you so I can post them up on the frontpage. All credits to you of course.

email me: sighupnull at gmail,com
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
15 years 9 months ago #830

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re:Anime Expo posted its Schedule

Anime Expo 2008
Robotech
by Bamboo Dong, Jul 5th 2008

Panelists: Tommy Yune, Steve Yun, Kevin McKeever

Despite the early start time, the Robotech panel was very well-attended. Tommy Yune started the presentation by giving a quick overview of the franchise's history, even showing old motion capture footage from the forgotten CGI flop, Robotech 3000. He then talked about the recent Robotech revival in the last few years, with the relaunch of the series on DVD, followed by last year's movie, Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles which is coming out on Blu-Ray later this year. He also covered a few other Robotech branded products, like Palladium Books' line of role playing games, and Del Rey's collection of novels.

The series will also be re-broadcast around the world. Canada's SPACE channel is airing all 85 episodes, as well as the Shadow Chronicles film. [url=http://www.robotech.com/news/viewarticle.php?id=341

]RETRO TV(Argentina and Mexico) and CANAL 13 (Paraguay)[/url] will be showing the series in Spanish in Latin America. Meanwhile, Star TV will be airing Shadow Chronicles across Asia

As for other products, new toys and models are being made, notably a Mospeada and a VF-1. Some of the figures are still in beta, but may be ready by San Diego Comic Con.

Yune ended his presentation with some information about the proposed live-action Robotech movie. He confirmed that Warner Brothers is planning it, and that Tobey Maguire is involved. The script is beng written by Lawrence Kasdan, whose credits include Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Empire Strikes Back, and The Bodyguard. The movie is planned as a re-imagining of the Robotech universe, and will take place in the future :ohmy: (Is that official? ):ohmy: .

During the question and answer section, Yune said that they were planning on taking Robotech: Shadow Rising, the sequel to Shadow Chronicles, in a new direction because of new opportunities brought about by the live-action movie. Although it was originally planned as a straight-to-home-video release, they are considering other media.

Souces liks: A.N.N.com , Text in RED links from RT.com articles, text in PURPLE link from RTX.com forum discussion and text in Yellow OMG!!!!!!!!!! ( I think they talking about the RLAM goes to base on The Shadow Chronicles or something :ohmy: )

Saludos;)
Last edit: 15 years 9 months ago by Lobizon. Reason: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
15 years 9 months ago #837

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re:Anime Expo posted its Schedule

Sorry for the topic bump, you guys read this is a quote from the post above

The movie is planned as a re-imagining of the Robotech universe, and will take place in the future .

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Saludos Lobi ;)
15 years 9 months ago #902

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Anime Expo posted its Schedule

lobizon...its official

when they mean take place in the future it is becouse we are passing 2009. the day the sdf-1 left earth in the cartoon.

so in the rlam it might be 2029... or 2019 or something in that regard.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
15 years 9 months ago #904

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:Anime Expo posted its Schedule

oh dear....
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
15 years 9 months ago #907

Time to create page: 0.300 seconds