ANIMATION ON DISPLAY

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

ANIMATION ON DISPLAY was created by MEMO1DOMINION

SATURDAY FIRST DAY OF THE CON.

I COVERED TWO PANELS AT THE SAME TIME FROM TOMMYS ON HOW TO DO COMICS TO CARL MACEK ON TALK BACK CODENAME ROBOTECH.

NOT MUCH THERE FOR NEWS OTHER THAN CARL WAS RE TELLING FANS OF HOW ROBOTECH BECAME TO BE AND THE WORK THAT WAS DONE ON IT.

THE ROBOTECH PANEL WAS VERY DIFFERENT.

CARL TALKED ABOUT THE MAKING OF ROBOTECH JUST LIKE THE ANN PODCAST AND A LITTLE BIT MORE OF HISTORY OF ANIME.

TOMMY SUMMED UP ALL OF LAST YEARS NEWS KINDA LIKE COMIC CON AND SHOWED THE ALL FAMOUSE NEW DIGITAL ANIMATED CLIP FROM SHADOW CHRONICLES. WHICH IS NOT NEW BECAUSE IT WAS AN OLD EDITED OUT CLIP.

Q&A WAS RUSHED AND FEW QUESTIONS WAS ASKED.

THE PANEL ENDED IN A CLIFFHANGER WITH ONE QUESTION FROM MOONGIRL HERSELF.

(BY MEMORY)
CAN HG USE THE ANIMATION IMAGES THAT BW AND STUDIO NUE FOUGHT IN RECENT EVENTS OF 2002.

TOMMY WENT INTO PRODUCT AND MERCHANDISING AND HOW THE SLAPPED ROBOTECH ON DYRL AND ALL LEGAL.

MOONGIRL REPEATED HER QUESTION AND TOMMY LOOKED LIKE HE GOT WHAT MOONGIRL WAS ASKING AND SAID YES!

FANS JUMP UP AND START THROWING HANDS FOR MORE QUESTIONS AND IF WB WILL BE ABLE TO USE MACROSS AND TOMMY SAID YES.

THEN TOMMY, CARL MACEK AND TONY OLIVER ENDED THE PANEL WITH A CONTINUATION FOR SUNDAY ON A ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS ON PANEL...

ALL ON VIDEO AND SINCE ITS A RECAP OF LAST YEAR WILL PUT UP SOON.

2 NOTES THAT WERE BROUGHT IN WAS WESTERNIZING (MAV INPUT) ANIME AND HOW CARL SAW ALL THE ORIGINAL ANIME WITHOUT SOUND OR READING IT TO MAKE ROBOTECH (DOUGBENDO STYLE).

STAY TUNED FOR CONTINUATION BECAUSE FANS WERE TRYING THAT SHADOW RISING QUESTION AND THE STAFF KEPT SAYING TILL SUNDAY.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 2 months ago #9364

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re:ANIMATION ON DISPLAY

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

SHOWED THE ALL FAMOUSE NEW DIGITAL ANIMATED CLIP FROM SHADOW CHRONICLES

You mean the one that is supposed to have replaced the horrid CGI with cell-shading that supposedly looks 100x better?
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Brooklyn-Red-Leg.
14 years 2 months ago #9365

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:ANIMATION ON DISPLAY

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

THE PANEL ENDED IN A CLIFFHANGER WITH ONE QUESTION FROM MOONGIRL HERSELF.

(BY MEMORY)
CAN HG USE THE ANIMATION IMAGES THAT BW AND STUDIO NUE FOUGHT IN RECENT EVENTS OF 2002.

TOMMY WENT INTO PRODUCT AND MERCHANDISING AND HOW THE SLAPPED ROBOTECH ON DYRL AND ALL LEGAL.

MOONGIRL REPEATED HER QUESTION AND TOMMY LOOKED LIKE HE GOT WHAT MOONGIRL WAS ASKING AND SAID YES!

FANS JUMP UP AND START THROWING HANDS FOR MORE QUESTIONS AND IF WB WILL BE ABLE TO USE MACROSS AND TOMMY SAID YES.

Great news! So where's the Do You Remember Love DVD they promised us six years ago?

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

2 NOTES THAT WERE BROUGHT IN WAS WESTERNIZING (MAV INPUT) ANIME AND HOW CARL SAW ALL THE ORIGINAL ANIME WITHOUT SOUND OR READING IT TO MAKE ROBOTECH (DOUGBENDO STYLE).

Thanks, Memo. You've inspired me to try this myself. To that end, I decided to watch Shadow Chronicles with no sound. It wasn't really doing much to aid my comprehension of the film, though...so I took an extra step and closed my eyes as well. And...WOW! That made all the difference! What a great, great movie!
14 years 2 months ago #9369

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:ANIMATION ON DISPLAY

Brooklyn Red Leg wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

SHOWED THE ALL FAMOUSE NEW DIGITAL ANIMATED CLIP FROM SHADOW CHRONICLES

You mean the one that is supposed to have replaced the horrid CGI with cell-shading that supposedly looks 100x better?

a piece of shit is still a piece of shit, no matter how much its polished.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 2 months ago #9372

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re:ANIMATION ON DISPLAY

HappyPenguins wrote:

a piece of shit is still a piece of shit, no matter how much its polished.

Oh no doubt that the storyline/dialogue would be just as vapid. However, I could have stomached Shadow Chronicles more if the CGI wasn't so godawful bad.
14 years 2 months ago #9373

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:ANIMATION ON DISPLAY

Memo
What's the news on Shadow Rising?

I read somewhere that a fan asked about Shadow Rising on Saturday and someone on the panel said something like "News on Shadow Rising is on Sunday" so Sunday passed and HG did not say anything on Shadow Rising!

I will look for that source but it seems that HG dodged the SR topic buy dwelling on old Do you remember love? news and more SC babble.

SO HG dissapointed us fans again.

Now that Carl Macek is back maybe things will get done.Letting him back in Robotech is the best thing since Battlecry and Shadow Chronicles.Now he can take Tommy to school :)

Gubaba

Great news! So where's the Do You Remember Love DVD they promised us six years ago?

NO!,You didn't! never mind and besides you already know the answer to that,the same BS answer we keep getting for Shadow Rising "we're working on it" "Things are happening" Besides its only been 6 years,oops sorry,we all know HG thinks years are really months and that is why we fans have nothing yet.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Pizza-the-Hutt.
14 years 2 months ago #9375

Replied by Aladdin-Sane on topic Re:ANIMATION ON DISPLAY

Pizza the Hutt wrote:

Now that Carl Macek is back maybe things will get done.

Yeah, just like Sentinels and Robotech 3000!

Oh, wait.
14 years 2 months ago #9388

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:ANIMATION ON DISPLAY

Aladdin Sane wrote:

Pizza the Hutt wrote:

Now that Carl Macek is back maybe things will get done.

Yeah, just like Sentinels and Robotech 3000!

Oh, wait.

Aladin Sane
You forgot Robotech: The Untold Story
I apologize if my reply seems rude but in Carl Macek's defence,he did attempt to please the fans with 3 new animes of Robotech while what we got from Tommy 1 attempt and that is Shadow Chronicles.

So it seems Carl knew that fans like Robotech and he apreciated it by doing what he could.Yes a couple of his stuff did not launch but atlease he made 3 tries while Tommy only made Shadow Chronicles and keeps using SC to make the same thunder over and then using the LAM as an excuse for Robotech anime to go dry.

Ouch,I should use logic more often,
14 years 2 months ago #9390

Replied by Aladdin-Sane on topic Re:ANIMATION ON DISPLAY

Yeah, I did forget about R:TUS. It wasn't a wholly original production though, which is more what I was thinking of. The process that lead to the creation of The Untold Story (and Robotech itself) wouldn't be acceptable in today's industry.

Regardless of what one thinks of Shadow Chronicles (I'm not a huge fan), at least it's a released product. I don't want to feed into any "Tommy vs Carl" business, but Yune's current track record of one release and zero non-starters is better than Macek's one and two. Of course, the jury's still out on Shadow Rising.
14 years 2 months ago #9391

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:ANIMATION ON DISPLAY

Memo

What's the news on Shadow Rising?

SAME OLE SAME OLE. STILL BEING WORKED ON.

I CAUGHT AN INTERVIEW WITH G4 AND HG GUEST INTERVIEW BUT WAS TO FAR TO HEAR. IT WAS FILMED ON SATURDAY AND HOPE SOMEONE CAN RELAY A LITTLE MORE WHAT WAS SAID ON THAT SUBJECT.

PTH (TO MANNY QUESTIONS AT THE FINAL OF THE PANEL AS THEY WERE WRAPPING UP, I COUGHT A FEW ANSWERS FROM THE GUESTS)

I read somewhere that a fan asked about Shadow Rising on Saturday and someone on the panel said something like "News on Shadow Rising is on Sunday" so Sunday passed and HG did not say anything on Shadow Rising!

SUNDAY WE GOT CAUGHT OFF GUARD WITH THE NEWS OF CARL BACK ON ROBOTECH IN THE SUNDAY PANEL (TOMMY AND CARL PRESENT) LET OUT THAT CARL IS BACK ON ROBOTECH BUT DID NOT GO INTO SPECIFICS OF WHAT HE DOES AT HG AND THAT MORE NEWS TO COME THROUGHOUT 2010. FANS WERE ASKING OTHER QUESTIONS ABOUT ORIGINS OF THE SERIES AND SUCH. SO TRIED TO WORK QUESTIONS WITH CARL MACEK BEING BACK AND SHADOW RISING.

SATURDAY PANEL
THERE WERE QUESTIONS BEING THROWN OUT AT THE END THAT EVEN MINE DID NOT GET ANSWERED. WAS TRYING TO ASK ABOUT THE LEGAL THING AND USE OF IMAGES AND WHY DID CARL NEVER SAY ANYTHING ABOUT GETTING INTO JAPAN MARKET. AND SINCE THERE WAS AN ATTEMPT WITH SENTINELS GETTING INTO JAPAN, HOW DOES IT FAIR WITH RLAM.

ON RLAM
ONE QUESTION THAT GOT ANSWERED THAT I KNOW WAS IF THERE WAS A CERTAIN PART RLAM WAS GOING TO START OR USE.,, BUT TOMMY SAID THEY CAN USE ALL AND TOMMY ALSO REPLIED TO SOMETHING ABOUT "STARTING WITH THE ORIGINS"

I will look for that source but it seems that HG dodged the SR topic buy dwelling on old Do you remember love? news and more SC babble.

THATS THE FANDOM THAT IS OUT OF THE INTERNET LOOP. NOT ALL WORRY ABOUT SHADOW RISING LIKE YOU THINK. SOME HAVE OTHER QUESTIONS OR INTEREST OF THEIR OWN.

SO HG dissapointed us fans again.

NOT REALLY, NOT AS A WHOLE.

Now that Carl Macek is back maybe things will get done.Letting him back in Robotech is the best thing since Battlecry and Shadow Chronicles.Now he can take Tommy to school

ACTUALLY YOU FAR OFF ON WHAT IS GOING ON. BUT REST ASSURED BOTH OF THEM ARE UP TO SOMETHING AND WHY SHADOW RISING IS BEING KEPT SECRET.

LITTLE MORE ON AOD
WITHOUT RSR OR RLAM, THE SMALL EVENT OF MAYBE 400 TO 500 ATTENDEES (NOT FACTUAL NUMBERS BUT GUESSING) CROWDED INTO A SMALL HOTEL AND SOME PEOPLE WENT INTO JAPANTOWN (WHERE THE HOTEL WAS) AND WERE WALKING AROUND IN COSPLAY CHECKING OUT NEARBY SHOPS. WAS PRETTY COOL.

THERE WERE LOT OF ROBOTECH GOING AROUND AS PER PANELS BEING HOSTED BY CARL, TOMMY, AND TONY ON THEIR OWN OR GROUPED.

IN THE END THERE WAS FREE FOOD AND DRINKS CELEBRATION WITH THE GUESTS TALKING TO CON GOERS.

OTHER REASONS WHY I WENT TO AOD WAS TO MEET WITH OLD ROBOTECH FRIENDS FROM SAN FRANSISCO AND HAD A GOOD TIME HANGING OUT WITH THEM. AND THAT IS THE BEST REASON.

ON THE SIDE, A ROBOTECH FRIEND AND CON ORGANIZER, PLUS HAS HIS OWN STORE IS TRYING TO WORK SOME MAGIC FOR THE FANDOM. HOPE IT WORKS OUT. NOT A OFFICIAL 25TH ANNIVERSARY DATE THING BUT CAN MAKE THE CELEBRATION FOR THIS YEAR REGARDLESS. SINCE I KNEW THAT CARL, TONY, AND TOMMY PERSONALLY I THOUGHT WORKING SOME IDEAS OUT WITH THEM AND WARMING UP MY FRIEND TO A MEETING WITH ALL COULD LEAD FOR A GOOD FANDOM INTEREST. CARL, TONY AND TOMMY CAME OUT LIKING HIS PROPOSAL AND JUST HOPE ALL WORKS OUT.

HE HELPED OUT AT RTX IN SUPERCON AND BEING PART OF RTX HE PLEDGE TO HELP OUT FOR THE ROBOTECH FANDOM AWARDS.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 2 months ago #9393

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds