The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

• Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic The ProtocultureTimes Podcast Episode #19

Hello one and all!

In the midst of so many AnniversaryCasts, we've got a brand new episode of The Protoculture Times!

www.protoculturetimes.com

IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!

THE SHOUTOUTS!

I can tell ya that the Robotech fandom is a worldwide things from California to New York...from the United Kingdom to Japan and all points in between!

Joe Lanza - Skull One's #1 FAN!
Daniel Alvarez - Great talking to you!
Gabe - My little brother who I look up to!
Brian3D - A talented artist and passionate fan....your thoughts I will cover on an upcoming show!
Whitehall - As always great insights!
Aiwa and the SDFCREW - Gracias or la bienvenida a sus foros!
Jason and Cheryl - Thank you for the continuing support!

*Let me say something about the SHOUTOUTS. I know there are people that take issue with it...all I will say is that my philosophy is waking up with an attitude of gratitude every day and to show it....because it inspires others to do the same!

I am shooting for Episode 20 to be something special in a special month like this! I NEVER thought I would've made it this far!

I go "RandomCast" for a few minutes...(remember I retain 20% option, LOL!)

ROBOTECH FILES -
I discuss S-OME D-AMN F-INE S-HIPS....the SDFs of the Robotech world (NO SHADOW CHRONICLES). My calling is not about the technical specifications, I just think they are pretty BIG damn ships but I'm not interested in their shoe sizes.

I have some links at the website that you can check out the SDFs 1 through 4!

And I talk about the brief appearance of an SDF-5 in the comic book story "Prototype 001-Variants".

And to those who are all about technical specs that should be mentioned.... you are more than welcome to chime in!

OFF THE SCIFI SHELF - We take it back to 1987 where another animated series went the route of a live action movie....MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE. Not successful...but as hoakey as it was, I enjoyed the heck outta that movie!

Wikipedia article

ROBOTECH GLOSSARY - A new segment! I check out some Robotech related terms and try to make sense of them. HEY, HOW COME NO ONE TOLD ME THAT PROTOCULTURE COMES FROM A FLOWER????

And I was just kidding on that last question....I'm sure there are some that would take that and run with it....LOL!

ROBOTECH WEB GEMS - We talk about THE ROBOTECH PAGE............hold your horses, it AIN'T Robotech.com...you should know better by now!....It's a fan created website...one of the best I have ever seen and I totally GEEK OUT when talking about it!

Check it out here!

Not all the links work (DAMN YOU GEOCITIES!), but what's there is still enjoyable. Kudos to the people who worked on it, if you are listening!

IN THE ROBOTECH SPOTLIGHT -
Game on! We put the light on those forgotten by many but loved by a few, ROBOTECH VIDEO GAMES! (LINKS TO GAME SUMMARIES AT THE MAIN SITE!)

Robotech: Crystal Dreams
Robotech: Battlecry
Robotech: The Macross Saga
Robotech: Invasion
Robotech: The New Generation

It's AWESOME to do a full episode again! Something about the opening sequence that just fills me with an energy....IT'S LIKE ROCK N' ROLL ON A SATURDAY NIGHT IN A CONVERTIBLE WITH THE WIND BLOWING IN YOUR FACE, WOOHOO!

And the celebration doesn't stop there!

MORE AnniversaryCasts in this coming week!

We've got coming up tomorrow, March 14th our MEGA RESULTS for our poll questions where we will have a new set for people to chime in on!

And the results of Round 1in the BIG EVENT for this anniversary month...

SDF-25 MECHA TOURNAMENT!!!!
[/i][/b]
[/i][/b]

***NOTE*** -The tournament site will be offline for a bit when the polls close AFTER MIDNITE tonite so I can set up ROUND 2 where we separate the mecha....from the robots!

WHO'S gonna take it all?.....Well that's up for you to decide!

REVIVE FOR 25!....IT"S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!

And thank you to ALL for their support!

- JT
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Zen72.
14 years 2 months ago #10718
The topic has been locked.
  • mecha2241
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by mecha2241 on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast Episode #19

Yay! Is was the first to vote on Round 2!
14 years 2 months ago #10721
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic SDF-25 MECHA TOURNAMENT ROUND 2

Hey all!

Thanks to everyone who participated in Round 1! It was really great seeing fans choosing out their preferred mecha from this thing we call Robotech! The best thing was people saying how much fun they were having!

NOW, we separate the Mecha from the Robots with ROUND #2!!!

CLICK HERE TO TAKE A LOOK AT THE BRACKETS AND VOTE!
[/size][/i][/b][/url]

There are some very interesting matchups for this week!

Who will take it....Skull One or the Hovertank?

Which Alpha can outdo the other Rook's or Scott?

Can Max's Blue VT attain another flawless victory or will Rook's Cyclone pull off the ULTIMATE UPSET!

And here's the best part....YOU decide the destiny of the tournament in route to crown a CHAMPION!

And don't forget our regular poll questions over at www.protculturetimes.com got some nice questions to have fun with also!

Voting for both Round 2 of the tourney and the polls are open until Saturday, Macrh 20th, 11:59 PM.

Fun and interactive way to Celebrate Robotech's 25th Annievrsary!

IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!!!!!
[/i][/b]

Vote...but most of all.....ENJOY!

Seeya this Wednesday for a new ANNIVERSARYCAST!

REVIVE FOR 25!

-JT
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Zen72.
14 years 2 months ago #10733
  • Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

I think it'll come down to Max vs. Rick (The Quadrono's doing well...but against Max? We've all seen how THAT fight turned out already).

But after that, I have no idea who'll end up on top. If we go by technical specs (and coolness factor), the VF-1S would wi, but hey...it's Max we're talking about. No way Rick could beat him...
14 years 2 months ago #10736
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic AnniversaryCast #6

Hey all!

So great to be back in celebrating the BIG 25 with AnniversaryCast #6!!!

Speaking of CELEBRATONS, I wanna give a BIG BIRTHDAY SHOUTOUT to David Peña, web administrator of RobotechX.com. Hope you are havin' a rockin' time toasting another year. May you have many more and that they be blessed. You have my gratitude always for giving exposure to the 'Times!

IT'S HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIME BABY!!!!!!!!
[/i][/b]

On this edition we complete my coverage of the main characters from each generation of Robotech and we now have the starring character from the New Generation...OLD STONE FACE....SCOTT BERNARD!

Now here's, as you may know, a character that I have NEVER warmed up to. I think he's got a warped sense of righteousness where if he can't persuade, his inclination is to force. Basically...A BRAT!

Now, that aside, I won't question that Scott is the definition of a ROBOTECH SOLDIER. His determination to complete the mission to Reflex Point and loyalty to one Admiral Hunter are amazing. I may not like him all the time but he IS a leader to his freedom fighters no doubt about it.

We also touch upon his appearances in Robotech's Expanded Universe. The Sentinels and the Emil Lang connection. End of the Circle and the comic Invid War Aftermath (dictator??)...and.....ahem........Shadow Chronicles...(don't expect any spoilers...check it out if you dare! LOL!)

A brat....but he rides one mean Cyclone!

The one thing about Scott, Rick and Dana is that they are thrust in each of their respective stories into a situation that comes to them from left field and while overwhelming at first, they adapt and make their mark and are well deserving to be in the top spot in each generation!

We have a few more days for the latest poll questions at the main site...very interesting how the votes have been spread out...we'll see who comes out on top for their respective poll question!

And the BIG EVENT of this Anniversary Month.............
SDF-25 MECHA TOURNAMENT!!!!!
[/i]
[/b]
Sixteen Mecha vying for position to the Quarter Finals.....

Oh and about THAT.....

NEWS FLASH CHANGE OF PLANS!!!!!!!!!
[/b]

Thank you to Jennifer from Florida for pointing this out. Due to obvious scheduling conflicts for your host in updating the brackets on a week night. I am extending voting time on the Quarter, Semi, and Grand Final each lasting for a week respectively.....

So this is how it will look like (and I have updated the Tournament blog too);

QUARTER FINALS: MARCH 21 - MARCH 27 11:59 PM
SEMIFINALS : MARCH 26 - APRIL 3 11:59 PM
FINALS: APRIL 4- APRIL 10 11:59 PM

People have their favorites for the finals....only way to get them there is to VOTE....but have fun with it!!!!!

Seeya this Friday for the next AnniversaryCast!!!

IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!!!!!
[/i][/b]

REVIVE FOR 25!

-JT
14 years 2 months ago #10773
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic AnniversaryCast #7

Hello friends!

Another week in the books and to top it all off.....AnniversaryCast Time!

First and foremost.....

IT'S HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIME BABY!!!!!!!!!
[/size][/i][/b]

Big birthday wishes to a good friend of the show, Joe Lanza-Orellana!!! Hope the day has been filled with nothing but GREAT things with friends and family around you! SALUD!

For this A-Cast we move on to another pair of characters. Star Wars has Han and Chewie...Trek has Kirk and Spock....ok McCoy too!...characters that through their DIFFERENCES, gel very well and in Robotech you have a special chemistry between today's subjects...BREETAI AND EXEDORE!

You have Exedore, the intellect to Breetai's warrior. He seems to settle into the "right hand man" position very well throughout the different Robotech stories. There's no question that his bond with Breetai is one of a solid friendship, right till the very end.

Now, all mushiness aside...I see Exedore as a very "matter of factly" character...saying the logical things that always are not the most popular (especially to Rick Hunter!).

And with his portrayal in the Expanded Universe of the novels he's.....well....SNEAKY.

With this re exploration...there is a rule of thumb to the Zentraedi....DTA...Don't Trust Anybody!...Everybody is out to stab the other in the back....and Exedore can be one pretty calculation instigator!

But that element makes someone like Exedore appealing. I also like that he becomes the trusted adviser to other key figures in the Robotech Universe.

And then we have who for me is the BADASS of Robotech.....Breetai Tul!

He doesn't see a lot of "physical action" in the Macross Saga but when he does.....No Veritech is SAFE!

He's careful in his campaign to recapture the SDF-1. He sees first hand what prolonged exposure to the Micronians does to his fleet and in the end Dolza, his commander sees him as just another infected troop and he joins forces with the RDF for the battle against the Grand Fleet!

Beyond the Original 85, Breetai becomes "BUCKETHEAD" Breetai.....and don't let the appliance fool you.....

CHECK IT OUT HERE!

See what I mean?......TOTALLY BADASS!

Now Breetai does see more action in the Sentinels campaign and plays a major role in the schisms that develop along the way. He also experiences that mystery that has boggled even the most learned of scientists.......LOVE.

Sadly though, Breetai does meet his demise towards the end. A decision that has never set well with me...but it did make for an IMPACT moment for the Sentinels story! Yet EVEN in death there is a resolution in a roundabout sort of way for "Lord" Breetai in End of the Circle.

Just something about that novel....just seems to want to "end things"....

Did I mention that Breetai and Exedore are in Prelude?....(SHRUGS)

Two very interesting characters with their own qualities which only add to their "on air chemistry".

And remember, this is just one fan's opinion....your thoughts on them AND any characters in Robotech are always welcome!

And we have a little more than 24 hours for voting on the poll questions on the right and the......

SDF-25 MECHA TOURNAMENT!!!!!!!!!
[/i][/b]
[/i]
[/b]
Now I don't know about an A-Cast tomorrow but definitely a MEGA RESULTS on Sunday for NEW poll questions and the Quarter Final matchups for the tourney!

IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!!!!
[/size][/i][/b]

Seeya this weekend!

REVIVE FOR 25!

JT
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Zen72.
14 years 1 month ago #10796
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic SDF-25 MECHA TOURNAMENT ROUND 2

Hey all!

Last day of voting for Round #2 of the SDF-25 MECHA TOURNAMENT and we have a deadlock on one matchup. In the event of a tie I will consult Mr. HEAD or Mr. TAILS for a winner. But there's still time for YOU to swing the pendulum in at least a couple of the matchups. Tomorrow we move to the Quarter Finals and with only 8... Mecha left, will the favorites dominate or will the "sleepers" make their move?

Voting for Round 2 ends March 20th at 11:59 PM! Thanks to everyone who has voted so far!

CLICK HERE FOR THE OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT SITE!

IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!!!!

You can click on the Tournament bracket to see it FULL SCREEN!

- JT
14 years 1 month ago #10808
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by UEG_Productions on topic Re:SDF-25 MECHA TOURNAMENT ROUND 2

And waiting for the round 3 :)
14 years 1 month ago #10810
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic NEW POLLS AND ROUND 3 OF THE SDF-25 TOURNAMENT...

...are up right now and you can start voting!

New Poll Questions!

Round 3 of the Tournamanet!

SDF-25 MECHA TOURNAMENT OFFICIAL SITE!

I will do a results shows later in today....right now...going to get me some Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................ :side:

IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME........AND SLEEPING TIME BABY!

-JT
14 years 1 month ago #10828
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic PROTOCULTURE TIMES MEGARESULTS SHOW PT. #1 & #2

Hey all!

Refreshed after a few hours of sleep to bring you another set of MEGARESULTS!!!!

In Part #1...

www.protoculutretimes.com

We take a look at the results of the poll questions that were.......and go over the the NEW poll questions that are! It was great to see how the votes went around for the last batch of polls, with this batch it shouldn't be different!

Poll questions are at the right of the page and run through next Saturday, March 27th 11:59 PM.

And in Part #2...

Round #2 is in the history books and we have the results along with the Quarter Finals of the

SDF-25 MECHA TOURNAMENT!!!!!
[/size][/i][/b]
[/size][/i][/b]

You can also click the bracket below to see the matchups in FULL SCREEN!

Will the Alpha prevail over the Veritech?

Will the Bioroid keep the Southern Cross in it?

Could it come down to a Destroid ONLY finale?

Is it Skull One's destiny?

Well the answers to those questions.....is up to you my friends!

If you're reading this.....that means you can VOTE NOW!

And don't forget the NEW schedule for the remaining rounds;

QUARTER FINALS: MARCH 21 - MARCH 27 11:59 PM
SEMIFINALS : MARCH 26 - APRIL 3 11:59 PM
FINALS: APRIL 4- APRIL 10 11:59 PM
[/b]
Spread the word!.........VOTE VOTE VOTE!......Because only one can be CHAMPION!

Next AnniversaryCast will be this Wednesday and next Saturday.......................EPISODE 20!!!!!

IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!!!!!!!!
[/size][/i][/b]
REVIVE FOR 25!!!

-JT
14 years 1 month ago #10847
Time to create page: 0.587 seconds