WB, SAM RAIMI "EARTH DEFENSE FORCE", AND ROBOTECH

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re:WARNER BROTHERS, SAM RAIMI

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

Seems like some people get carried away over potentially nothing.

Sure, it could turn out to be Robotech in disguise.

YOU KNOW IT'S NOT ROBOTECH... OR IS IT?

DON'T TRY TO PLAY IT SAFE AFTER MAKING SUCH AN UNDERHAND COMMENT ON SOMETHING THAT JUST BEING REPORTED FROM HOLLYWOOD BUZZ.

I don't think its a Robotech LAM, and some people do get carried away over pretty much nothing. The harder certain people work to put an unrealistically optimistic spin on the current state and immediate future of Robotech, the more it makes me think Robotech is going nowhere very fast.

Take much out of context lately?
rtsurfer wrote:

Sure, it could turn out to be Robotech in disguise. Although with all of the other alien invasion (and Transformers 3) movies on the horizon wouldn't it make more sense to publicize an existing title which they likely acquired in part for its 80's name recognition rather than obscure the true project making it just another knock off to capitalize on a trend?

And I was afraid I was being too sarcastic when I wrote that :laugh:

An update to the news links Mav posted:

Pierre Morel Zeroing In on 'EDF,' AKA 'Earth Defense Force'
11/15/2010 by Borys Kit

Pierre Morel has now focused his attention on EDF, aka Earth Defense Force, a giant alien invasion movie that's being produced by Sam Raimi and Bill Block, head of QED International, the outfit that is financing the project. Warner Bros. is distributing.

Morel, the director of Taken, was in talks at the same time to direct EDF and Ouija, the adaptation of the Hasbro board game set up at Universal.

Morel made a presentation to Universal execs Thursday afternoon outlining his take on Ouija; Universal ended up passing on it.

EDF is set after three alien fighters attack the planet, leaving countries humiliated. The governments of Earth then race to create a space fighting force in preparation for a second attack by an approaching alien horde.

Morel is repped by WME and Artist Talent Management

Image from firstshowing.net
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by rtsurfer.
13 years 4 months ago #13976
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re:WARNER BROTHERS, SAM RAIMI "EARTH DEFENSE FORCE" .

Hey rtsurfer,

Take a closer look at the EDF logo! Notice a certain aircraft profile abiet an exaggerated one at that. ;)

You guys are making this one too easy.

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by MaverickLSC.
13 years 4 months ago #13981

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re:WARNER BROTHERS, SAM RAIMI "EARTH DEFENSE FORCE" .

EDF in Robotech: The Masters Gambit!

http://www.doc88.com/p-69439163708.html

EDF also mentioned as Earth Defense Force! Coincidence? I think not. ;)
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by MaverickLSC.
13 years 4 months ago #13983

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:WARNER BROTHERS, SAM RAIMI

rtsurfer wrote:

I don't think its a Robotech LAM, and some people do get carried away over pretty much nothing. The harder certain people work to put an unrealistically optimistic spin on the current state and immediate future of Robotech, the more it makes me think Robotech is going nowhere very fast.

YOU COULD BELIEVE THAT ROBOTECH HAS ENDED. DOES NOT CHANGE IN WHAT WB IS DOING. WHERE IT'S INTEREST IS OR WHAT AS OF LATE IS ACQUIRING.

AND THAT IT HAS ROBOTECH LAM AS ONE OF IT'S LICENSE.

OF COURSE, YOU JUST HAVE AN OPINION ON THE STATE OF WHERE IS ROBOTECH BUT NOT ONE SOLID PROOF THAT WB HAS JUST DUMPED ROBOTECH OR EVEN IGNORING IT.

SO NO WORRIES.

MaverickLSC

Take a closer look at the EDF logo! Notice a certain aircraft profile abiet an exaggerated one at that.

IF WB USES THAT FOR THE LOGO OF ANYTHING RELATED TO ROBOTECH... I DONT LIKE IT. REMINDS ME OF SOMETHING ELSE.. NOT SURE, A GAME OR ANOTHER MOVIE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 4 months ago #13985

MaverickLSC wrote:

Hey rtsurfer,

Take a closer look at the EDF logo! Notice a certain aircraft profile abiet an exaggerated one at that.

You guys are making this one too easy.

Mav...

AND

EDF in Robotech: The Masters Gambit!

http://www.doc88.com/p-69439163708.html

EDF also mentioned as Earth Defense Force! Coincidence? I think not. ;)

You know that symbol does kinda remind me of the tiny fighters in the opening credits to Robotech (for the Masters Saga if you only have the Protoculture edition), and a Masters era novel does refer to the EDF. A lot of people aren't going to be happy about WBs using the Masters Saga for their first Robotech movie. I'm cool with that as I enjoy all three sagas.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

YOU COULD BELIEVE THAT ROBOTECH HAS ENDED. DOES NOT CHANGE IN WHAT WB IS DOING. WHERE IT'S INTEREST IS OR WHAT AS OF LATE IS ACQUIRING.

AND THAT IT HAS ROBOTECH LAM AS ONE OF IT'S LICENSE.

OF COURSE, YOU JUST HAVE AN OPINION ON THE STATE OF WHERE IS ROBOTECH BUT NOT ONE SOLID PROOF THAT WB HAS JUST DUMPED ROBOTECH OR EVEN IGNORING IT.

SO NO WORRIES.

I don't believe Robotech has ended, only that the current era/incarnation is fizzling out. Who knows, Tommy's 2011 project might be so awesome that things start hopping again in a huge way. Although, I'll believe that when I see it happen.

It is interesting that WBs appears to be sitting on the property and stalling Shadow Rising while they try to acquire all (as many as they can) of the Robotech licenses. This could suggest they are thinking of a fresh reboot somewhere down the road were they hold all (well most) of the cards and control. A fresh start for Robotech as it were.
So where is your proof that WBs is going ahead with the RLAM at this time? Movies and tv series go into pre-production all the time but never get anywhere. Try doing a search for "movies never made" if you don't get my point.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

MaverickLSC

IF WB USES THAT FOR THE LOGO OF ANYTHING RELATED TO ROBOTECH... I DONT LIKE IT. REMINDS ME OF SOMETHING ELSE.. NOT SURE, A GAME OR ANOTHER MOVIE.

Now I'm confused. First Mav points out the symbol is obviously from Robotech (the Masters saga), now you're saying its from another movie or game. OMG, make up your minds. :S

13 years 4 months ago #13987

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:WARNER BROTHERS, SAM RAIMI "EARTH DEFENSE FORCE" .

rtsurfer

It is interesting that WBs appears to be sitting on the property and stalling Shadow Rising while they try to acquire all (as many as they can) of the Robotech licenses. This could suggest they are thinking of a fresh reboot somewhere down the road were they hold all (well most) of the cards and control. A fresh start for Robotech as it were.

ACTUALLY, HG IS HOLDING SHADOW RISING TILL THE RLAM GETS FURTHER ALONG AND SINCE HG HAVE SAID THAT THEY STILL WORKING ON IT THEN WE CAN ONLY SPECULATE. WE DON'T KNOW WHAT HG WANT'S TO DO PER SHADOW RISING.

So where is your proof that WBs is going ahead with the RLAM at this time? Movies and tv series go into pre-production all the time but never get anywhere. Try doing a search for "movies never made" if you don't get my point.

AS OF THE LAST POST IN THE INFORMATION THREAD...

www.robotechx.com/forums/3-robotech-live...ml?limit=10&start=10

ALSO SYLVAIN WHITE OWN WORDS HERE IN THIS VIDEO INTERVIEW

Director Sylvain White Interview - The Losers and Robotech
Sunday April 25, 2010

video.about.com/movies/Sylvain-White-The-Losers.htm

You're rumored to be with Robotech. Is there anything going on with that?

Sylvain White: "No. I read a great script though, but that's all. I'm not involved in the project."

But it's something you're interested in if things turn out?

Sylvain White
: "I grew up watching the cartoon and you know it's a project that I've always loved. So, but we'll see. It's at a very early stage at this point."

SO, GIVEN THE DATE OF THE INTERVIEW TILL NOW... ANYTHING HAS BEEN SAID OR RUMORED THAT THE PROJECT HAS BEEN CANNED? SOMETHING AT LEAST?

Now I'm confused. First Mav points out the symbol is obviously from Robotech (the Masters saga), now you're saying its from another movie or game. OMG, make up your minds.

I AM SAYING THAT I ALSO SAW THE IMAGE SOMEWHERE ELSE. THERE SURE MANY RESEMBLANCE OUT THERE OF IT.

EXAMPLE HERE

WHAT I THINK OF THE DESIGN OF THE LOGO IS THAT IT REPRESENTS JUST ABOUT MANY THINGS OUT THERE LIKE THE PICTURE ABOVE. WISH IT WAS MORE UNIQUE. IF SAM RAIMI EDF WAS ROBOTECH THOUGHT.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 4 months ago #13994

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

rtsurfer

ACTUALLY, HG IS HOLDING SHADOW RISING TILL THE RLAM GETS FURTHER ALONG AND SINCE HG HAVE SAID THAT THEY STILL WORKING ON IT THEN WE CAN ONLY SPECULATE. WE DON'T KNOW WHAT HG WANT'S TO DO PER SHADOW RISING.

Till the RLAM gets further along could mean just about anything. What we do know is WBs is apparently delaying Shadow Rising. As I said it appears WBs is sitting on or stalling SR.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

rtsurfer

AS OF THE LAST POST IN THE INFORMATION THREAD...

www.robotechx.com/forums/3-robotech-live...ml?limit=10&start=10

www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_conten...nventions&Itemid=171

IESB: Can you confirm or deny the rumors about Robotech?

White: (Laughter) What are the rumors?

IESB: That you are directing.

White: It's not a project is green lit. It's a great cult series. When it came out, I saw it in France when I was growing up - saw it in French. Its an amazing cartoon. I hope it comes to fruition. (Laughter)

IESB: So that's a yes? You are doing it?

White: I'm interested in doing it. The project is not fast tracked. There is no official thing. They sent me a draft and I liked it. It's a work in progress.

Q: Is it about the Macross saga?

W: It's the first generation.

They may have informally ask him to direct but based on his replies he isn't currently set as its director. How old was the draft he read, a month, six months, a year, three years? Its not green lit or fast tracked, no official thing, a draft, and a work in progress-- To me his comments suggest its still in early pre-production. A whole lot of movies and tv pilots never get green lit and remain in pre-production limbo.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ALSO SYLVAIN WHITE OWN WORDS HERE IN THIS VIDEO INTERVIEW

Director Sylvain White Interview - The Losers and Robotech
Sunday April 25, 2010

video.about.com/movies/Sylvain-White-The-Losers.htm

You're rumored to be with Robotech. Is there anything going on with that?

Sylvain White: "No. I read a great script though, but that's all. I'm not involved in the project."

But it's something you're interested in if things turn out?

Sylvain White
: "I grew up watching the cartoon and you know it's a project that I've always loved. So, but we'll see. It's at a very early stage at this point."

SO, GIVEN THE DATE OF THE INTERVIEW TILL NOW... ANYTHING HAS BEEN SAID OR RUMORED THAT THE PROJECT HAS BEEN CANNED? SOMETHING AT LEAST?

Again, he doesn't say when he read the script or how old it is. Also, he's not involved, and its at a very early stage-- which seems to be further support for it being in early pre-production. There is no evidence that the project has moved beyond early development or will anytime soon.
Still waiting on your proof that WBs is going ahead with the RLAM at this time?

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by rtsurfer.
13 years 4 months ago #14002

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:WARNER BROTHERS, SAM RAIMI

rtsurfer wrote:

Again, he doesn't say when he read the script or how old it is. Also, he's not involved, and its at a very early stage-- which seems to be further support for it being in early pre-production. There is no evidence that the project has moved beyond early development or will anytime soon.
Still waiting on your proof that WBs is going ahead with the RLAM at this time?

LIKE I SAID. YOU WANTED PROOF. THERE IT IS. AND WHAT YOU SUPPLY AGAINST IT IS JUST SPECULATION WITHOUT PROOF. YOUR OWN OPINION. WHY I DON'T WORRY.
13 years 4 months ago #14018

^Really? Seriously? That's your proof? :lol: [we need a rotflmao icon]

13 years 4 months ago #14023

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re:WARNER BROTHERS, SAM RAIMI

Hard to give proof when nothing's really going on at the moment. I love how the super optimistic fans ignore the part where White says it's not green-lit, fast tracked, or official and that he just saw a work in progress draft. Most of the deals made by WB lately are most likely related to strengthening their DC franchises which appear to be their "tentpoles" at the moment so LAM won't be showing up for awhile if ever which means SR won't either.
13 years 4 months ago #14028

Time to create page: 0.469 seconds