Macross Frontier Movies

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Macross Frontier Movies

ON THE FALSE DIVA I SEEN IT ALREADY AND I PREFER THE SERIES MUCH BETTER. EVEN WITH THE EXTRAS I DON'T FIND IT SOMETHINK LIKE AN "AW" THING BEYOND WHAT THE SERIES GIVES. WAS MORE BORING FOR ME.

NOW ON "Sayonara no Tsubasa" ("Wings of Farewell"), THAT I WILL GET IT OF THE NET AS WELL WHEN IT'S UP. HAVE NOT SEEN IT YET BUT WILL SEE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 8 months ago #13209

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Gubaba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:Macross Frontier Movies

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ON THE FALSE DIVA I SEEN IT ALREADY AND I PREFER THE SERIES MUCH BETTER. EVEN WITH THE EXTRAS I DON'T FIND IT SOMETHINK LIKE AN "AW" THING BEYOND WHAT THE SERIES GIVES. WAS MORE BORING FOR ME.

Wow...that's a feat, considering the DVD isn't coming out until October...how did you see it, if I may ask?
13 years 8 months ago #13214

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Macross Frontier Movies

Gubaba wrote:

Well, the first Frontier movie, "The False Diva" is of course due to be out on Blu-Ray disc...a "hybrid disc" that has the movie on one side and the PS3 game "Macross Trial Frontier" on the other...and they've just put up a trailer for it:

And the date of the second movie, "Sayonara no Tsubasa" ("Wings of Farewell") has been set for Feb. 26, 2011.

And since it seems to be an unwritten rule that any discussion of Macross on this forum MUST include a lot of hand-wringing, finger-pointing, and mountain-out-of-molehill-making by the Concerned Mothers of America stand-ins, I'll point out for that for a very brief second, the trailer for the movie shows this image:

Yes, that's right...RANKA. IN A BIKINI. :ohmy:

Let the faux-outrage commence.

Yeah let me keep reminding everyone what the original topic was about. This train ain't de-railing.

Forgive me Gubaba, but I think we need a quick reminder in which order the movies fall.

is it?

Macross Frontier
The False Diva
Wings of Farewell

After Frontier, I've been waiting for the new material to finish before actually watching it. Thanks.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
13 years 8 months ago #13215

• Gubaba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

SIGHUP wrote:

Forgive me Gubaba, but I think we need a quick reminder in which order the movies fall.

is it?

Macross Frontier
The False Diva
Wings of Farewell

After Frontier, I've been waiting for the new material to finish before actually watching it. Thanks.

Yeah...but the movies are retellings of the story rather than sequels, like DYRL. Unlike DYRL, however, they use some footage from the TV show, which (if I recall correctly) was why Memo was down on them.

I haven't seen the first movie yet, but I've heard mixed reviews. Generally, it seems like people who liked the Frontier series liked the movie. People who didn't, didn't.
13 years 8 months ago #13216

Wow...that's a feat, considering the DVD isn't coming out until October...how did you see it, if I may ask?

HAHAHA... YOU MEAN PEOPLE DON'T SEE MOVIES BEFORE THEY COME OUT ON DVD?

I HAVE MY WAY. NO SECRET FOR MANY WHO GET THEIR ANIME FIX FROM THE INTERNET ESPECIALLY WHEN THINGS GET OUT BEFORE THEY HIT THE THEATER AS WELL.

Yeah...but the movies are retellings of the story rather than sequels, like DYRL. Unlike DYRL, however, they use some footage from the TV show, which (if I recall correctly) was why Memo was down on them.

I haven't seen the first movie yet, but I've heard mixed reviews. Generally, it seems like people who liked the Frontier series liked the movie. People who didn't, didn't.

UNLIKE DYRL, WHICH I ENJOYED VERY MUCH. IT FELT NEW. MACROSS FRONTIER THE SAME WAY AS TOP THE ORIGINAL SDF MACROSS.

I LIKE THE FRONTIER SERIES WAY BETTER THAN THE MOVIE. MOVIE WAS JUST BORRING. IT WAS NOT DYRL "EXPECTATIONS" PER SAY AS HOW DYRL COMPARED TO THE SDF MACROSS SERIES.

I WOULD SAY, COMPARE DYRL TO SDF MACROSS...
HUGE DIFFERENCE AND VERY NEW. EVEN THOUGHT SAME STORY. WHY I CAN ENJOY DYRL.

NOW MACROSS FRONTIER WITH THE MOVIE...
ALL THEY DID WAS JUST ADD LITTLE THINGS, SCOOTERS, LITTLE CHANGES...BUT STILL FELT THE SAME. NOTHING "BIG" AS DYRL WAS FOR MACROSS DYRL.

THATS JUST ME THOUGHT.
13 years 8 months ago #13220

• Gubaba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

HAHAHA... YOU MEAN PEOPLE DON'T SEE MOVIES BEFORE THEY COME OUT ON DVD?

I HAVE MY WAY. NO SECRET FOR MANY WHO GET THEIR ANIME FIX FROM THE INTERNET ESPECIALLY WHEN THINGS GET OUT BEFORE THEY HIT THE THEATER AS WELL.

Ahhh...you took the shitty camrip torrent route? I refused to watch that. I'd rater wait to see the movie properly. :)

UNLIKE DYRL, WHICH I ENJOYED VERY MUCH. IT FELT NEW. MACROSS FRONTIER THE SAME WAY AS TOP THE ORIGINAL SDF MACROSS.

I LIKE THE FRONTIER SERIES WAY BETTER THAN THE MOVIE. MOVIE WAS JUST BORRING. IT WAS NOT DYRL "EXPECTATIONS" PER SAY AS HOW DYRL COMPARED TO THE SDF MACROSS SERIES.

I WOULD SAY, COMPARE DYRL TO SDF MACROSS...
HUGE DIFFERENCE AND VERY NEW. EVEN THOUGHT SAME STORY. WHY I CAN ENJOY DYRL.

NOW MACROSS FRONTIER WITH THE MOVIE...
ALL THEY DID WAS JUST ADD LITTLE THINGS, SCOOTERS, LITTLE CHANGES...BUT STILL FELT THE SAME. NOTHING "BIG" AS DYRL WAS FOR MACROSS DYRL.

THATS JUST ME THOUGHT.

As I said, I've heard positive and negative. Can't say for myself yet, but I suspect I'll agree with you more than I'll disagree.
13 years 8 months ago #13221

GUBABA

Ahhh...you took the shitty camrip torrent route? I refused to watch that. I'd rater wait to see the movie properly.

WILL ONLY BUY IT LEGALLY IN THE U.S. SO SINCE IT IS FELT THAT IT SHOULD NOT VENTURE OUTSIDE OF JAPAN FOR FANS, THEN I WILL SEE IT BY OTHER MEANS.

AS A CONSUMER I HOPE THEY UNDERSTAND THAT. IF THEY CARE.

;)

As I said, I've heard positive and negative. Can't say for myself yet, but I suspect I'll agree with you more than I'll disagree.

I DID HEAR NEW MUSIC. VERY INTERESTING. THAT WAS THE NICE PART.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 8 months ago #13225

• Gubaba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

GUBABA

Ahhh...you took the shitty camrip torrent route? I refused to watch that. I'd rater wait to see the movie properly.

WILL ONLY BUY IT LEGALLY IN THE U.S. SO SINCE IT IS FELT THAT IT SHOULD NOT VENTURE OUTSIDE OF JAPAN FOR FANS, THEN I WILL SEE IT BY OTHER MEANS.

AS A CONSUMER I HOPE THEY UNDERSTAND THAT. IF THEY CARE.

;)

Since I'm longer in the US, I'll be able to walk into pretty much any video store and buy it legally.

I might wait until I find it used, though.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

GUBABA

I DID HEAR NEW MUSIC. VERY INTERESTING. THAT WAS THE NICE PART.

Yeah, I have both of the movie mini-albums. Good stuff. :)
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Gubaba.
13 years 8 months ago #13231

OFF TOPIC

GUBABA

Since I'm longer in the US, I'll be able to walk into pretty much any video store and buy it legally.

HEY, FINALLY MADE IT. CONGRATS MAN. HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT STAY.
13 years 8 months ago #13234

• Gubaba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

OFF TOPIC

GUBABA

HEY, FINALLY MADE IT. CONGRATS MAN. HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT STAY.

Thank you! :laugh:

It's good so far, except for the shitty dollar-to-yen exchange rate... :unsure:
13 years 8 months ago #13239

Time to create page: 0.551 seconds