Macross 30th Anniversary

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Macross 30th Anniversary

Gubaba wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

And we all know how successful that campaign was...

Whatchu talkin' 'bout, ps99041? We all know it did GANGBUSTERS!!

Hell, PARAMOUNT is QUAKING IN THEIR BOOTS!!

Damn, I forgot about that. But then, why isn't the new DVD set doing gangbusters?
12 years 3 months ago #17943

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Macross 30th Anniversary

ps99041 wrote:

Gubaba wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

Damn, I forgot about that. But then, why isn't the new DVD set doing gangbusters?

Because people don't like Tommy's edit of he tv series, especially the sound fx, and those who do already have the sets. I'm sure they sold a decent amount of the new sets to people who have never seen Robotech on DVD before, people who wanted to see or acquire the new extras, or people who are completest and have everything they can get their hands on. Now they have Tommy's version of Sentinels and Untold, what's next his version of the Graphic Novel? Oh wait, first we get his version of Love Live Alive.

Serious question, can you hear the Legacy fx track that's hidden in one of the channels when you're playing the episodes with Tommy's 5.1 protoculture set soundtrack? I just realized that they must have the entire Legacy soundtrack hidden in that channel if he's telling people to turn down/off all of the other channels if you don't like the protoculture version.

Back to Macross' 30th anniversary. I can understand if they don't do something specifically for the 30th as they have been doing a lot of work the last few years so yeah they deserve a break.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 3 months ago #17946

• Gubaba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: Macross 30th Anniversary

ps99041 wrote:

Gubaba wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

Do we know that it ISN'T doing gangbusters...?

As far as I can tell, it seems to be doing rather well.

That said, "I waited for the 30th Anniversary of Macross and all I got was this weird website":

www.macross30.com/

I assume that eventually, it's gonna have more info than just puppet shows and shots of the Big West building...
12 years 3 months ago #17977

• Gubaba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Okay, new info on the Macross 30th Anniversary front

(Bear in mind...for the fifth anniversary, we got a new OVA, "Flashback 2012." For the tenth anniversary, a renewed version of DYRL (with new footage and a stereo mix of the audio), a new soundtrack, and a new OVA in "Macross II"). For the fifteen anniversary, another new OVA, "Macross Dynamite 7," plus a "Minmay and Mylene" single. For the twentieth anniversary, a new soundtrack collection, an exclusive DVD, and a new OVA series, "Macross Zero." For the twenty-fifth, a new TV series, "Macross Frontier," plus a biweekly magazine, "Macross Chronicle," a different, quarterly magazine, "Macross Ace," and reissues of all the previous Macross production (except for Macross II) in remastered HD DVD versions).

*ahem* Anyway, for the 30th anniversary (so far), we've got:

1. ‘Miss Macross 30’ contest.
2. A Macross musical
3. Macross 30th Anniversary Exhibition – MACROSS: THE DESIGN (to be held from April 26th at Shibuya Parco)
4. 30th Anniversary Macross Exhibition (to be held in Ikebukuro and will apparently feature a 1:1 scale VF-25 Valkyrie in Gerwalk mode).
12 years 1 month ago #18411

• Gubaba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

I'll, uh...just leave this here:

11 years 11 months ago #18801

• Gubaba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

11 years 11 months ago #18822

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re: Macross 30th Anniversary

Now properly parked at the original dedicated thread.

30th Anniversary of Macross.

Feel free to share Macross related AMVs, images & appreciation of the beloved anime franchise that has been going strong ever since its debuted back in 1983.

10 years 9 months ago #20495

Back in 2012, as part of the celebration of the 30th anniversary of mecha war/idol singing anime Super Dimension Fortress Macross, a real Miss Macross talent search went out looking for the next Lynn Minmay or Ranka Lee.

The contest, ran at Joysound Karaoke, featured Singer and Actress divisions.

The winner of the former will have the opportunity to sing a Macross song on an upcoming CD from the Flying Dog label, and the winner of the latter will be honored with a role on the Macross Musicalture stage play.

Contest entrants have to use the new CROSSO machine at Joysound Karaoke, and, with the uta suki douga feature, take a video of themselves performing one Macross song.

20-year-old Haruka Chisuga was crowned the winner of the contest's Singer Wing. Organizers opted not to select a grand prize winner for the Actress Wing. They did however give 19-year-old Yuki Katagi a special jury selection prize, with aims of finding a role for her in the musical.

Source: www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/09/1...macross-30th-contest
10 years 9 months ago #20496

Happy 30th Anniversary, MACROSS!!!

30 years of Deculture!
10 years 9 months ago #20497

Back in 2010, a group of dedicated Macross fans banded together under Dark Heroes Production & produced an English fandub Macross: Do You Remember Love.

Using footage from a digital copy from the 30th Anniversary edition recently released in HD Blu-ray, Dark Heroes Production again surpassed their previous work.

The FACT that they managed to rope in the talented Cristina Vee as the English VA for Minmay is a testament to their hardloving contribution to Macross.

Here is their early dub of Macross DYRL Playstation Opening animation:

Dark Heroes Production presents:

Macross Do You Remember Love? 30th Anniversary English Fandub Edition

10 years 9 months ago #20498

Time to create page: 0.365 seconds