Isn't she NEAT?

• Gubaba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Isn't she NEAT? was created by Gubaba

Okay, now I can see why Mav thinks Robotech toys are so superior to Macross toys...
12 years 4 months ago #17770

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Lancer
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Robotech Guru Extraordinaire!
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Lancer on topic Re: Isn't she NEAT?

WOW...That's it...WOW! I wonder if the girls who are grown up now are Hot?!
"Robotech is God...Robotech is Life"--I said this in the Shadow Chronicles DVD
12 years 4 months ago #17775

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re: Isn't she NEAT?

Lancer wrote:

I wonder if the girls who are grown up now are Hot?!

I don't know, but @1:27 looks like Natasha Lyonne.

www.imdb.com/name/nm0005169/
12 years 4 months ago #17776

• Lancer
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Robotech Guru Extraordinaire!
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Lancer on topic Re: Isn't she NEAT?

wow...uncanny resemblance!
"Robotech is God...Robotech is Life"--I said this in the Shadow Chronicles DVD
12 years 4 months ago #17777

• Gubaba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: Isn't she NEAT?

Lancer wrote:

wow...uncanny resemblance!

And considering that Natasha Lyonne has had some serious problems with substance abuse over the last decade or so, I think it's safe to say that people should avoid playing with the Dana doll. Who knows what Dana will get them mixed up with?
12 years 4 months ago #17784

• Gubaba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Awww...I'm disappointed...

From Mav, all I get is...

12 years 4 months ago #17786

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: Isn't she NEAT?

LOL, I like that video! :)

It proves why Harmony Gold had the foresight back in 85' to market such toys to the female audience. Too bad such potential was missed in Japan, the female viewers are definitely not to be overlooked.

Such a shame, oh well. Atleast HG saw that one coming, thanks again Gubbaba for the reminder not to overlook the female consumer.

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
12 years 4 months ago #17787

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: Isn't she NEAT?

Its a shame HG didn't market a shower accessory for Dana, or a 'Lost in the SDF-1 with real working water pipes' version for Rick & Minmei. The unit sales of the Dolls would have been far greater then the actual figure. Plus it would teach the young boy RT fans the 'life of adventure' when it came to naked girls. :laugh:
12 years 4 months ago #17797

• Gubaba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MaverickLSC wrote:

LOL, I like that video! :)

It proves why Harmony Gold had the foresight back in 85' to market such toys to the female audience. Too bad such potential was missed in Japan, the female viewers are definitely not to be overlooked.

Such a shame, oh well. Atleast HG saw that one coming, thanks again Gubbaba for the reminder not to overlook the female consumer.

Mav...

Okay, I admit, you got with this one. It took me a while to realize who you were REALLY pointing the finger at.

Since you're such a Macross expert, I assume that you already knew that several Japanese companies (among them, Nichimo and Imai back in '82 or '83, and later, in the '90s and up to the present, Bandai) did make dolls and figure model kits aimed at girls, I was puzzled as to who you were talking about.

So I went down a mental checklist of manufacturers of Macross or Robotech toys, and realized that there IS one company who hasn't made anything for girls: Toynami.

Very clever, Mav, to hide an insult towards one of HG's valued business partners in a supposed slam towards their competitors.

So HG may have had the foresight to see that market in '85, as did the manufacturers in Japan, but as you imply, they seem to have forgotten that market completely in last decade.

So thank you Mav, for your timely indictment of Toynami's practices. Why not send them an email to inform them how much they're missing out?
12 years 4 months ago #17801

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: Isn't she NEAT?

khoroshen wrote;

Its a shame HG didn't market a shower accessory for Dana, or a 'Lost in the SDF-1 with real working water pipes' version for Rick & Minmei.

Considering it was the 80's, it just wouldnt' be age appropriate and also that Robotech was targeted for the western market.

However, i'm at a loss on why this wasn't adopted in Japan. Considering fan service is the norm for the pubescent japanese otakus, satisfaction coming in forms of both animation and merchandise.

Gubaba wrote;

Since you're such a Macross expert, I assume that you already knew that several Japanese companies (among them, Nichimo and Imai back in '82 or '83, and later, in the '90s and up to the present, Bandai) did make dolls and figure model kits aimed at girls, I was puzzled as to who you were talking about.

Model kits are not the same as barbie dolls, those girls in the commercial weren't playing with model figurines. Those models figurines usually need some assembly with model cement, demographically speaking something more or less targeted towards MALES.

Gubbaba wrote;

So thank you Mav, for your timely indictment of Toynami's practices. Why not send them an email to inform them how much they're missing out?

Gubbaba, you're going off topic here, what does Toynami have to do with the original marketing of Robotech back in 1985. Those dolls still exist, just go on ebay if you want one to complete your collection(so you can added it to your macross figure model kit)

Gubbaba wrote;

So I went down a mental checklist of manufacturers of Macross or Robotech toys, and realized that there IS one company who hasn't made anything for girls: Toynami.

I'm sure Toynami will revisit this one again once the Robotech:LAM gets closer to start working on merchandising for the film.

Afterall, the international success of Robotech back in 1985 was something that very few animation properties have rarely repeated since.

I can see it coming back, especially if something like a new Robotech TV series or the Robotech:LAM is completed.

Heck Gubbaba, i'm sure you'll be the first in line buying a Robotech barbie doll. Or why would you bring this topic up in the first place. ;)

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
12 years 4 months ago #17803

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds