what the shit?

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:what the shit?

Sure does look silly. But you need to understand this is geared at little kids who know nothing or could care less of quality. THe CG ain't that horrible, it serves its purpose.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 6 months ago #7130

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:what the shit?

SIGHUP wrote:

Sure does look silly. But you need to understand this is geared at little kids who know nothing or could care less of quality. THe CG ain't that horrible, it serves its purpose.

From my point of view.. yes it is
if it doesn't blend well, then it's shitty
scifi original movies are pros when it comes that

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 6 months ago #7146

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:what the shit?

Then again that's why you wouldn't watch something like that.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 6 months ago #7148

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by HashiNoUsagi on topic Re:what the shit?

Kilroyleader wrote:

Of all the 'pocket monster'-type shows, Digimon was, IMHO, far and away the best. This thing just looks silly.

The second season of Digimon was great for a while, but I couldn't really get into the others.
Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get banned from any forum.....yet.
14 years 6 months ago #7169

Replied by Kilroyleader on topic Re:what the shit?

HashiNoUsagi wrote:

Kilroyleader wrote:

Of all the 'pocket monster'-type shows, Digimon was, IMHO, far and away the best. This thing just looks silly.

The second season of Digimon was great for a while, but I couldn't really get into the others.

I should have clarified; I meant the first season, and to a lesser extent, the second. I haven't watched since then at all.
14 years 6 months ago #7176

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:what the shit?

YOU KNOW, I HAVE A 42 INCH HD FLAT SCREEN T.V. THAT THING LOOKED NICE. COMMERCIAL OF COURSE.

BUT BECAUSE OF THIS THREAD I ASKED MY KIDS WHAT THEY THOUGHT AND THEY SAY THE LIKED IF. BETTER THAN OTHER LITTLE MONSTER SHOWS. AND THAT THEY LIKE THE ANIMALS BETTER.

AND I JUST SAID.. OK.

MEANT FOR KIDS.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 6 months ago #7184

Replied by Revan-Tam on topic Re:what the shit?

this is why i'm going to raise my kids on Loony Toons, Animaniacs, Invader Zim, Freakazoid, Pinky and the Brain, robotech, Star Trek and any other show I watched when I grew up because the stuff that is on now is bad expecally the teen drama stuff on Disney and nickalodan.
sure keep shooting...that will make things better
14 years 2 weeks ago #11369

Replied by Revan-Tam on topic Re:what the shit?

Kilroyleader wrote:

HashiNoUsagi wrote:

Kilroyleader wrote:

I should have clarified; I meant the first season, and to a lesser extent, the second. I haven't watched since then at all.

I liked the first two seasons and fell out of the third then banished the fourth
sure keep shooting...that will make things better
14 years 2 weeks ago #11370

Replied by Incisivis on topic Re:what the shit?

I have an odd confession to make: my interest in anime was pretty much built on monster-collecting shows. Sailor Moon was the first time I was aware of "anime", something that came from Japan, but it was only with the monster shows that I followed something regularly, and then moved on to "mature" anime.

I liked Pokemon for a while, the first three seasons of Digimon, the first Medabots series, Monster Rancher, Mon Colle Knights when I could catch it, and Yu-Gi-Oh!

I've fallen out of that craze (which I got into when I was WAY too old for it to begin with) and though I know that newer shoes in that vein are just as bad as the ones I liked, I can't enjoy them in the same in-touch-with-my-inner-child way. Shows like Battle B-Damon, Bakugan, Beyblade, newer Pokemon shows, and whatEVER...I just can't get into them, though the earlier series will have a special place in my heart.

Now, Dinosaur King...I'm a dinosaur/pterosaur geek, but I can't sit through a whole series just for some poorly-rendered fight scenes. The series gets minor cool points for using some more esoteric species (one episode I caught used a Therizinosaurus)...but loses 'em with this weird idea of keeping the dinosaurs in cel-animated "super-deformed" versions until they are needed and then bulk out into photorealistic CGI adult versions.

(Also, the heroine has a Parasaurolophus which is an absolutely boring choice. If they wanted something "girly" they could have gone with a pterosaur of some sort, which would have been much cooler.)

...Did anybody read this whole post? :P
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream."-- Shirley Jackson
"I'm a scary gargoyle on a tower / That you made with Plastic Power"--Gorillaz
14 years 2 weeks ago #11375

Replied by mage on topic Re:what the shit?

Incisivis wrote:

...Did anybody read this whole post? :P

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-
target by association

Proud Ecksbawks 360 owner
14 years 2 weeks ago #11391

Time to create page: 0.556 seconds