• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Discontent in Japan's Anime Studios

GUBABA

Luckily, I like a wide variety in my diet. But thanks for the tip

SINCE LOT OF WOMEN, DONT GET SICK OR HIV ETC, ETC.

WOMEN. TALKING ABOUT WOMEN.

OR WE TALKING ABOUT FISH? NOW I AM LOST :laugh:
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 4 months ago #8380

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by HashiNoUsagi on topic Re:Discontent in Japan's Anime Studios

It's mostly the economy. Japan's economy went down before ours. The internet allows people to have access to video and manga very easily. With a bad economy, people can justify using illegal means to watch/read the series that they want. I think studios are finally realizing that they need to adjust. They can't just try to shut down people who are posting torrents or putting videos on Youtube. Companies are now posting some videos online, some Japanese companies even offer subtitled versions. There was one in particular that posted an English subtitled version shortly after the episode aired in Japan.

There is also a problem with the types of anime series that are released. Some of them are series based on manga that are incomplete. When you get to the end of the anime series they give you a non-ending or minor plot ending. Who wants to buy an anime series that gives you an incomplete ending? On the flip side, studios try to capitalize on series that are hot. By time the ending comes, the series might not be popular enough to warrant creating an anime.

Personally I feel that there is a lot of classic anime series out there that could be brought to the internet. They could make money off of series/movies that are just sitting in a vault collecting dust. I do understand that it's not as easy as dusting them off and transferring them to a website. A lot of the series were created before any contracts regarding new media existed. In Japan, I would like to think that there are lot of people that would like to be able to watch some of their favorite childhood shows, without having to pay $300+ for a box set of the series. (I think it would be great if American studios did that as well with old American cartoons and shows.) If you have enough content, charging people subscription fees is a possibility too.
Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get banned from any forum.....yet.
14 years 4 months ago #8575

Replied by Kilroyleader on topic Re:Discontent in Japan's Anime Studios

HashiNoUsagi wrote:
Personally I feel that there is a lot of classic anime series out there that could be brought to the internet. They could make money off of series/movies that are just sitting in a vault collecting dust. I do understand that it's not as easy as dusting them off and transferring them to a website. A lot of the series were created before any contracts regarding new media existed. In Japan, I would like to think that there are lot of people that would like to be able to watch some of their favorite childhood shows, without having to pay $300+ for a box set of the series. (I think it would be great if American studios did that as well with old American cartoons and shows.) If you have enough content, charging people subscription fees is a possibility too.[/quote]

Check out Lawrence Lessig and his book 'Free Culture'. the problems with copyright law (especially the virtual disappearance of a public domain) makes this somewhat problematic.
14 years 4 months ago #8598

Replied by HashiNoUsagi on topic Re:Discontent in Japan's Anime Studios

Kilroyleader wrote:

Check out Lawrence Lessig and his book 'Free Culture'. the problems with copyright law (especially the virtual disappearance of a public domain) makes this somewhat problematic.

I'm going to check it out. (I have the page bookmarked)

I don't have a problem with the disappearance of public domain, as long as whoever owns the copyright is making good use of it. I have a problem with people who hold copyrighted material and either keep it locked away from the world or only allow use of it at exuberant costs.
Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get banned from any forum.....yet.
14 years 4 months ago #8601

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds