Harmony Gold and Robotech: Could you do it better?

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Harmony Gold and Robotech: Could you do it better?

THAT'S THE PROBLEM WITH FANS, WE SO EAGER TO SEE MORE ROBOTECH WITHOUT THINKING HOW IT WORKS.

Is this movie even going to be good? Will it be a hit? The idea that WB is going to swoop in and save Robotech is not a sure thing. Meanwhile HG is throwing a monkey wrench in some other companies production. Even if we get a movie in the next couple of years the law of movie tie in licensing means that it will probably be a cheap cash grab.
We could be waiting 3 or 4 years for nothing.
Honestly, I hope the MW5 developers drop the similar designs that HG isn't using and WB will probably not use and complete their game. I don't really care about the crap that WB will 'make.' I'm more interested in quality than deep pockets or perceived market share.

IF THE ASSUMPTION IS OTHERWISE A GOOD WINNER, AND WB WOULD TURN AROUND AND SAY "OK, WE HAVE MILLIONS, LETS MAKE A DEAL" AND HG WOULD HAVE BLOWN IT WITH "UM.. WE SOLD THE RIGHTS TO THE GAME.. SORRY"

HG KNOWS BEST ON WHAT TO GAMBLE PER GAME.

ITS JUST A WAIT AND SEE.

ALSO, THINK LIKE A COMPANY.. ALL ABOUT MAKING MONEY. SAD BUT TRUE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 7 months ago #6170

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Redbeardrum on topic Re:Harmony Gold and Robotech: Could you do it better?

IF THE ASSUMPTION IS OTHERWISE A GOOD WINNER, AND WB WOULD TURN AROUND AND SAY "OK, WE HAVE MILLIONS, LETS MAKE A DEAL" AND HG WOULD HAVE BLOWN IT WITH "UM.. WE SOLD THE RIGHTS TO THE GAME.. SORRY"
ALSO, THINK LIKE A COMPANY.. ALL ABOUT MAKING MONEY. SAD BUT TRUE.

First off, the vast majority of people interested in a "destroid" game are Battletech fans, most Robotech fans want a Veritech game. Like I said earlier the best thing that can happen with this is that the MW/BT devs drop the disputed designs and make their game, then if WB 'saves' HG as many bad movie tie in games as they want to make can be dumped on the market, aside from using giant robots there will be no similarities between them.

I guess it depends on what kind of company we are talking about, most companies make money by providing a good or a service instead of threatening legal action and waits on someone bigger to bail them out(numerous banks and a couple of American automakers notwithstanding). Honestly, I think that this attitude of obstructionism and inability or unwillingness to cooperate with others for mutual benefit is what got HG in the hole it is in now(one of Seto's posts in this thread covers it pretty well).

Also, did you ever think that WB might just come in and take the franchise over changing it at their whim until it is unrecognizable from the show you know and love? They are tightening the reigns on DC(a very successful property) as we speak, who knows what they will do to Robotech.
www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-ct-warner...ep10,0,1779787.story

Christ, I'm glad HG doesn't produce food. We would starve to death while HG sued all the other farms all while planting an acre or two of crops and then storing them in a silo for a year or two. All while they wait on a fat subsidy check to save them.
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by Redbeardrum.
14 years 7 months ago #6193

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Harmony Gold and Robotech: Could you do it better?

Also, did you ever think that WB might just come in and take the franchise over changing it at their whim until it is unrecognizable from the show you know and love? They are tightening the reigns on DC(a very successful property) as we speak, who knows what they will do to Robotech.

With the whole Big West legal issue? Of course they're
going to make it unrecognizable :]
I bet WB didn't know about it when they signed on LOL
which is why the movie is already in production hell
say when was it announced? 2007? Here it is 2009 and they haven't even finished the script yet!

Jesus if they would of left Kasdan's draft alone, they could of been doing casting by now! They made an even bigger boo boo hiring writers who have no concept of Robotech or its universe
shit should of let Carl write the damn movie

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 7 months ago #6195

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Harmony Gold and Robotech: Could you do it better?

I guess it depends on what kind of company we are talking about, most companies make money by providing a good or a service instead of threatening legal action and waits on someone bigger to bail them out(numerous banks and a couple of American automakers notwithstanding). Honestly, I think that this attitude of obstructionism and inability or unwillingness to cooperate with others for mutual benefit is what got HG in the hole it is in now(one of Seto's posts in this thread covers it pretty well).

SO THE DEVELOPER HAS NO PUBLISHER? HG NEEDS TO SEE WHO IS GOING TO PUBLISH IT BEFORE A DEAL CAN BE MADE.
14 years 7 months ago #6198

Replied by Redbeardrum on topic Re:Harmony Gold and Robotech: Could you do it better?

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

SO THE DEVELOPER HAS NO PUBLISHER? HG NEEDS TO SEE WHO IS GOING TO PUBLISH IT BEFORE A DEAL CAN BE MADE.

Meh, they will probably have one before Shadow Rising or RTLAM is released. Hell, the game may go retail before that happens.
14 years 7 months ago #6217

HEHEHE.

IN THE WORLD OF LIVE ACTION MOVIES.. YEP.
14 years 7 months ago #6238

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

HEHEHE.

IN THE WORLD OF LIVE ACTION MOVIES.. YEP.

Sadly, yes.
14 years 7 months ago #6256

Time to create page: 0.318 seconds