MECHACON July 16-18th, 2010

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by integrase on topic Re:MECHACON July 16-18th, 2010

Would love to meet up. Tried to use PM function but got a 404 error message.

I also have extra ticket to the convention and ticket to opening night dinner if anyone wants to buy it (heavily discounted).

Will be there pretty much everyday, so before the Robotech panels is perfect. I'll try to PM again tomorrow, but feel free to contact me as well!

T
13 years 9 months ago #12894

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Mark-Warlock
  • Mark-Warlock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re:MECHACON 2010 PICTURES!

Here are some pictures I took while at MechaCon. It was a great event. I got to meet a few Rt.Com members most of whom are also members here. I also got to meet some MACROSS fans who took interest in Breetai. It was nice talking with Macross fans without the pathetic bickering about which series is better. They were probably some of the most reasonable I've talked too. They seemed to understand that even though we like different variations of the same animation... We didn't have to hate each other or talk trash to each other. We were all fans of anime and that is what really mattered.

Breetai gets Gold Seating

Getting ready for Robotech's Main Event! Ready to meet the cast.

Pods pods pods...

Kevin Gets Up close and Personal with Breetai...

Artist Alley.....

More Pods....

A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Mark-Warlock.
13 years 9 months ago #12947

• buffalostyle
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Addicted to Protoculture

Replied by buffalostyle on topic Re:MECHACON July 16-18th, 2010

I'm bummed that I haven't been able to make MechaCon for quite some time. I was at MechaCon 2.0 when we got the special screening of "The Shadow Chronicles". I'm sure it was a blast this year in NOLA. Gotta see if I can talk my crew into making MechaCon our out-of-state con for next year.
-buffalostyle
www.flickr.com/groups/1739199@N25/ Robotech Appreciation Flickr group
Member of the A.k.L.(Anti-kyle League)
13 years 9 months ago #12953

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:MECHACON July 16-18th, 2010

I WILL BE THERE NEXT YEAR. WILL SEE IF I CAN GET TOGETHER WITH SOME OF THE RTX GUYS FROM HERE TO HAVE A BOOTH OR SOMETHING. MAYBE A FAN PANEL. WHAT YOU GUYS THINK?
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 9 months ago #12957

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic MECHA CON PICTURES

A LINK FOR THE CON PICS FROM Kahuchan IN RT.COM

s921.photobucket.com/albums/ad60/Kahucha...ncert_Mechacon_2010/

s921.photobucket.com/albums/ad60/Kahuchan/Mechacon_2010/

OH YEAH.... I AM DEFINITELY GOING TO MECHA CON

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 9 months ago #12959

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re:MECHACON July 16-18th, 2010

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

I WILL BE THERE NEXT YEAR. WILL SEE IF I CAN GET TOGETHER WITH SOME OF THE RTX GUYS FROM HERE TO HAVE A BOOTH OR SOMETHING. MAYBE A FAN PANEL. WHAT YOU GUYS THINK?

Sounds like a lot of fun. Though its a little early to tell if I can make it... if I am able I'll do what I can to help out. I should have Dolza completed by then and another project I've been working on as well.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

13 years 9 months ago #12961

Replied by integrase on topic Re:MECHACON July 16-18th, 2010

Memo,

Think it's a really good idea. I have some video footage I'm going to cut together that I can share with everyone. Had a GREAT time. For now, here's a quick film of their Cosplay competition. I predict MechaCon will be even bigger next year, they seemed to be bursting at the seams this year, can't imagine next year now that people have gotten a taste of the Big Easy. I mean, I won $150 at Harrahs! I think I'll be back again too..

Robotech Panels were ridiculously good too in terms of content and also ability to mix and meet with Tommy, Kevin, Tony Oliver and all of the VO actors. For my first Robotech convention, I was floored.

[/video]
13 years 9 months ago #12963

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re:MECHACON July 16-18th, 2010

integrase wrote:

Memo,

Think it's a really good idea. I have some video footage I'm going to cut together that I can share with everyone. Had a GREAT time. For now, here's a quick film of their Cosplay competition. I predict MechaCon will be even bigger next year, they seemed to be bursting at the seams this year, can't imagine next year now that people have gotten a taste of the Big Easy. I mean, I won $150 at Harrahs! I think I'll be back again too..

Robotech Panels were ridiculously good too in terms of content and also ability to mix and meet with Tommy, Kevin, Tony Oliver and all of the VO actors. For my first Robotech convention, I was floored.

And don't forget that cool VF you got during the Q&A portion on Saturday, That was a lot of fun too...

13 years 9 months ago #12968

Time to create page: 0.410 seconds