Gnats!

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Gnats! was created by LadyGrimes

My home has been invaded lately by those icky little flies, and they're getting on my nerves, cause I am finding them everywhere! They're a pain in the butt to kill too because they're so small, but I've been squishing the ones that have gotten in my way. They're obviously stupid because I even found a dead one inside my refridgerator:S

It sucks because I don't know what to use, would raid work?
I could spray that in the bathroom but I refuse to in the kitchen and bedroom, especially because I don't want it getting on my dogs food and bed.

I hate bugs, I really do but I guess I should be thankful its not a spider invasion :huh:

Is anyone else have insect troubles?

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
15 years 7 months ago #1510

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• xXxBAzzARxXx
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Bye Bye Mars
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by xXxBAzzARxXx on topic Re:Gnats!

I think if you use those Sticky straps that hang from the ceiling they should get stuck and die on it, it doesnt have poison and its also in the ceiling so your dog wont get tangled on it or even eat it. They seem to work in my room. i just hang it from the center of my room and just wait for the stupid fly's to get stuck on it!:laugh:
and eventually after its full you throw it away.

Just be carefull not to get tangled on it!:lol:
WE WILL WIN!!!
15 years 7 months ago #1512

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Gnats!

xXxBAzzARxXx wrote:

Just be carefull not to get tangled on it!:lol:

Heh, funny.

I have ANTS! Oh man those little buggers are a pain in the arse. They bite me feets too. Luckily I think I got rid of them in my room.

I used ant baits, cinammon, but the thing that finally worked was POISON! One of those RAID Ant Killer sprays. Sprayed mostly in a couple of cracks from they would march on in.

Needed to make sure the cats didn't lick any of it, so we hesitated on using the spray, in the end however had to. Seems to work, at least for now.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
15 years 7 months ago #1513

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Gnats!

funny now I don't see any at all:huh:
but shall try the sticky trap, and I could spray RAID in some areas, I got the lemon scented kind so it doesnt make me gag.

15 years 7 months ago #1517

Replied by leela1977 on topic Re:Gnats!

ants, I had to deal with them on sunday, would you believe i had to go to 5 stores to get Ant spray!!!:angry: I am not kidding! Seems the only kind of insect spray you can buy this week is for get this scopions!:unsure: When i finally found the Ant spray, I had a choice between capenter ants, fire ants, and several others i cannot even remember, what happened to the days of just ant spray? Don't remember but there was a theory several years back about a certain type of chalk that kept ants away, there might be some answers on the web somewhere.
as for gnats I agree that the glue trays are usually the best sometimes if you have alot of them and alot of patience using the heavy duty post it glue on cardboard works. I have done that and put those next to my office plants and sometimes it works. else, I just try to stay out of the room they love at peak time. I have this problem at work, and have noticed the gnats love to come around about 6pm and stay until 7-8pm and leave until the next day.
Good Luck!
15 years 7 months ago #1520

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Gnats!

that's crazy They should just make one spray that kills them all!
I havent had any ant problems but I have had problems with house centipedes, and there is nothing made especially to kill them, and they're huge!
it just sucks because the previous guy who lived here never cleaned at all, so when i moved in it was loaded with spiders and still is although I did my best to elminate them.

Last edit: 15 years 7 months ago by LadyGrimes.
15 years 7 months ago #1524

Replied by leela1977 on topic Re:Gnats!

info, I was at the local(ok, laugh all you want everyone) 99cent store and they have two types of fly tape that can be hung up in a room supposely non-toxic. (suppose to attack all flying insects. might be worth the 99cents to try it. (i buy there bug/insect remover for the car.)
good luck
15 years 7 months ago #1527

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds