Cartoon Network curse you!

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Cartoon Network curse you! was created by LadyGrimes

My god is it just me or is this channel unbearable now? They got rid of all their good shows and replaced them with complete utter crap >_<

For example I woke up this morning to the sound of Scooby Doo right? Wrong, it wasn't the Scooby Doo I grew up with, it's some crappy new version with EMO rock! Oh YES all shows somehow need to sppeal to todays kids and their fads *sigh*
So let's throw in some EMO Music lolz ,because kids dont want to hear music from the 60's.

It seems the only cartoon they havent touched and ruined is Tom and Jerry, but how much longer will that last? Even the new Transformers cartoon is crap... god dont let them do this to Robotech after the live action movie... for the love of all that's good they better not touch it!

Since cartoon network sucks, I have been watching Nick instead, thank god for Spongebob and the Fairly Odd Parents, heck they even brought back Nickeloadeon Guts, so while CN is going down the tubes, Nick is just going to keep getting better.

okay, I R done ranting now

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
15 years 7 months ago #1678

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re:Cartoon Network curse you!

And now this:

Cartoon Network Ends Toonami!!!!

In response to declining viewership, The Cartoon Network ended its Toonami programming block on Saturday, September 20, after 11 years. The Toonami Jetstream online streaming service will reportedly continue. Furthermore, reportedly the Cartoon Network presently has 15 more unaired episodes of Naruto which will air, but the future of the series on the Cartoon Network beyond those 15 episodes is uncertain.

At this past weekend’s Anime Weekend Atlanta convention, Cartoon Network representatives announced that the network is persuing broadcast rights to the 2006 Demashitaa! Powerpuff Girls Z anime television series, based on the American Powerpuff Girls cartoon. Cartoon Network representatives also admitted that the current broadcast of Code Geass “is not doing well at all.”

:angry:

Source: animenation.net

Saludos Lobi ;)
15 years 7 months ago #1679

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Cartoon Network curse you!

Lobizon wrote:

And now this:

In response to declining viewership, The Cartoon Network ended its Toonami programming block on Saturday, September 20, after 11 years. The Toonami Jetstream online streaming service will reportedly continue. Furthermore, reportedly the Cartoon Network presently has 15 more unaired episodes of Naruto which will air, but the future of the series on the Cartoon Network beyond those 15 episodes is uncertain.

At this past weekend’s Anime Weekend Atlanta convention, Cartoon Network representatives announced that the network is persuing broadcast rights to the 2006 Demashitaa! Powerpuff Girls Z anime television series, based on the American Powerpuff Girls cartoon. Cartoon Network representatives also admitted that the current broadcast of Code Geass “is not doing well at all.”

Saludos Lobi ;)

I heard about this too, see? I am right, Cartoon Network is really falling apart :S
Last time I even flipped through the channels and decided to check what was on CN, guess what I saw? Some stupid live action show that takes place at school... I swear it seems CN is trying to compete with both Disney and Nick now.

the only thing still good about CN is adult swim, despite the fact they have some shows we could all do without *cough* Squidbillies, Tim & Eric, and Fat guy stuck in internet.
They need to show more Home movies, Harvey Birdman and Sealab2021 dammit!

15 years 7 months ago #1680

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Cartoon Network curse you!

HappyPenguins wrote:

Lobizon wrote:

And now this:

Saludos Lobi ;)

I heard about this too, see? I am right, Cartoon Network is really falling apart :S
Last time I even flipped through the channels and decided to check what was on CN, guess what I saw? Some stupid live action show that takes place at school... I swear it seems CN is trying to compete with both Disney and Nick now.

the only thing still good about CN is adult swim, despite the fact they have some shows we could all do without *cough* Squidbillies, Tim & Eric, and Fat guy stuck in internet.

Well its what kids like nowadays. Our parents thought the same when they saw the stuff that was coming out I'm sure.

But that's how it goes, new generation had to take over at some point. Toonami was a bunch of dubbed anime anyway. I'd much rather watch the original Japanese dub. Sometimes I can't go without subtitles. Can't imagine watching the Naruto English dub, just not my cup of team. And don't get me started with the "tricked out" version of Initial D. HORRIBLE!!!

I have a perfect solution, I say you sign up to netflix and rent the anime there. Sure it isn't free but nothing good is.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
15 years 7 months ago #1681

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Cartoon Network curse you!

SIGHUP wrote:

HappyPenguins wrote:

Lobizon wrote:

And now this:

Saludos Lobi ;)

Well its what kids like nowadays. Our parents thought the same when they saw the stuff that was coming out I'm sure.

But that's how it goes, new generation had to take over at some point. Toonami was a bunch of dubbed anime anyway. I'd much rather watch the original Japanese dub. Sometimes I can't go without subtitles. Can't imagine watching the Naruto English dub, just not my cup of team. And don't get me started with the "tricked out" version of Initial D. HORRIBLE!!!

I have a perfect solution, I say you sign up to netflix and rent the anime there. Sure it isn't free but nothing good is.

The new generation sucks :( nuff said

15 years 7 months ago #1686

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by leela1977 on topic Re:Cartoon Network curse you!

well, I remember when I was younger and had favorite shows and least favorite shows, and its now 20 years later and those shows i didn't care for are looking really good now, as time has a tendency to change one's thoughts and views. Just think some of the shows for children today, are going to be someone else's childhood memory in 15 years. How many of us remember watching Robotech for the first time, and enjoying the show, and others saying it wasn't a great show? same deal today, except that we have higher expections of "great" then we did 20 years ago, 20 years ago, many of us still thought Star Wars was the greatest thing ever, and now we are watching the Clone Wars. go figure. But if you want to talk interesting, here's one item, did anyone know that Cherrios ceral had a promotion to order speed racer ceral bowls and those are on backorder, to the degree of being the best selling item cheerios has ever done!:ohmy:
off the soapbox for now....
15 years 7 months ago #1689

Time to create page: 0.508 seconds