I have to ask

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

I have to ask was created by LadyGrimes

I'm only twenty-three, so is considered too young to have a heart attack? The reason I'm asking is because I thought I was going to have one late last night.
I kept feeling tingling in my right arm, like it was about to go numb, and then I felt dizzy to the point I was going to collapse and my chest started to tighten, but after I went to lie down it stopped. :huh:

Of course any plans I had for myself last night were cut short because of this, not to mention I was paranoid about falling asleep because I was scared I wouldn't wake up, But I don't know what happened I mean I'm not even over weight and I don't eat a bunch of stuff that could cause one, so what gives?

P.S I am so glad I posted this here and not on yahoo answers... there are some really sick people who would probably laugh at my expense.

that's all
<3

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
15 years 7 months ago #1692

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:I have to ask

I think heart disease is not simply from being fat. There are many people like yourself who look fit (not like I've ever seen you, PM me your picture ;0) but still have heart disease.

Unfortunately its never too young for anything, just ask those kids with cancer. But anyways go get checked out. I know we all want to know right away, but its best to actually leave this to the professionals.

If you need to I'd check into an emergency room or call 911.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
15 years 7 months ago #1694

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:I have to ask

SIGHUP wrote:

I think heart disease is not simply from being fat. There are many people like yourself who look fit (not like I've ever seen you, PM me your picture ;0) but still have heart disease.

Unfortunately its never too young for anything, just ask those kids with cancer. But anyways go get checked out. I know we all want to know right away, but its best to actually leave this to the professionals.

If you need to I'd check into an emergency room or call 911.

Now that I look back on it, I think it might of been an anxiety attack, those actually make you feel like you're about to have a heart attack, because I suppose if I was going to have one it would of happened right there but it didnt. Problem is usually anxiety is caused by stress and I've been fine, not stressed at all *shrug* didnt mean to worry anyone, just seeking info.

15 years 7 months ago #1695

• MidnightIsis
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Wow I made it
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by MidnightIsis on topic Re:I have to ask

The biggest miss conception about heart disease is that it's a fat pepole disease. It can affect any one any race. It could be High blood pressure it could also be anxeity it could be alot of things. Alot of illness's are blamed on pepole being fat but it's realy genectics. Being fat as folks put it only agravates it not cause it. There are alot of pepole who are skinny and eat what we would consider healthy foods who still suffer form the suposed fat illness's. Being heavy being stressed will activate but it realay dose not cause it prity much. You already have the the psoablity depending on family history. Being over weight or being stressed will cause the frist onset but it's not the cuase of the disease. So yes you could be in a group who is considered low risk and still be at risk. You need to pay attention to family medical history of both sides
Mother Bear got nothing on me
15 years 7 months ago #1699

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:I have to ask

MidnightIsis wrote:

The biggest miss conception about heart disease is that it's a fat pepole disease. It can affect any one any race. It could be High blood pressure it could also be anxeity it could be alot of things. Alot of illness's are blamed on pepole being fat but it's realy genectics. Being fat as folks put it only agravates it not cause it. There are alot of pepole who are skinny and eat what we would consider healthy foods who still suffer form the suposed fat illness's. Being heavy being stressed will activate but it realay dose not cause it prity much. You already have the the psoablity depending on family history. Being over weight or being stressed will cause the frist onset but it's not the cuase of the disease. So yes you could be in a group who is considered low risk and still be at risk. You need to pay attention to family medical history of both sides

Well I can't say i know much about my family's medical history, but I do know that most of them are smokers and drinkers. I don't smoke but I've had a few drinks in the past, but not anymore not since my uncles liver problems. I'm not over weight, i'm average size but then again I've been exposed to second hand smoke because I grew up in a household where both parents smoked and the house pretty much smelled of it.

Actually now that I think of it, I don't know squat about the history on my real dad's side, and being that I never met him or any of them.. yeah that could have something to do with it, which sucks because I'd like to know :[
I DO know my family on my moms side has a history of Bipolar disorder, because I've got that, and I've got a thyroid condition which makes me moody, but I doubt that would have anything to do with it. *shrug*

15 years 7 months ago #1701

Time to create page: 0.392 seconds