Left 4 Dead

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Left 4 Dead was created by LadyGrimes

Left 4 Dead is an upcoming multiplayer co-operative survival horror first-person shooter game by Valve Corporation. The game has been built using Valve's Source engine and will be available on Steam and the Xbox 360.

Left 4 Dead pits four human playable or AI controlled survivors of an apocalyptic pandemic against hordes of aggressive "Infected" in a cinematic backdrop in which the players "star" as each character in a fictional movie (eg. No Mercy.) The Survivors' goal is to help each other make it through various scenarios to safety. The Infected are controlled by an AI that dynamically balances difficulty and mood depending on the players' progress and situation. In an alternate game mode, human players can control up to four mutated Boss Infected with special abilities and cooperate to stop the Survivor players.

The expected release date for Left 4 Dead is November 18, 2008 in the United States and November 21, 2008 in Europe to coincide with the tenth anniversary of the release of Half-Life. A five-minute trailer was released on Halloween. A public demo was released on November 6 for pre-purchasers and was released for the general public on November 11 for both systems. The demo contains the first two out of five maps of the "No Mercy" campaign and is playable in both single player and multi-player.

here's the intro movie

Gameplay footage

I am so getting this game when it comes out :D
finally a reason to get back on xbox live hehe

so what do you guys think? pretty bad ass or what?

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
15 years 5 months ago #1912

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Left 4 Dead

You and your zombies.

But actually, yes this looks pretty badass. Especially since it runs on good old VALVE's engine. Reminds me of my old [RS] counter-strike days. They could at least changed the footsteps, haha same sound.

But why mess with a good thing right? This along with Naruto: Broken Bonds will be my game purchases for this month.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
15 years 5 months ago #1913

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Left 4 Dead

SIGHUP wrote:

You and your zombies.

But actually, yes this looks pretty badass. Especially since it runs on good old VALVE's engine. Reminds me of my old [RS] counter-strike days. They could at least changed the footsteps, haha same sound.

But why mess with a good thing right? This along with Naruto: Broken Bonds will be my game purchases for this month.

awesome! ;)
I've been playing the demo with my boyfriend since it came out, and already I'm hooked! and no I don't play as the female character, I play as the bad ass dude with all the tatoos
Francis is his name I think.
And yes this game can be scary, in fact when I first started, I would freak out lol

15 years 5 months ago #1915

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Left 4 Dead

AH!!!

SO THATS WHAT IT WAS ABOUT....

ANY OF YOU GUYS SEEN THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL MANUELS THEY SELLING AT BARNS AND NOBLE?
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
15 years 5 months ago #1916

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Left 4 Dead

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

AH!!!

SO THATS WHAT IT WAS ABOUT....

ANY OF YOU GUYS SEEN THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL MANUELS THEY SELLING AT BARNS AND NOBLE?

yeah, that book is pretty damn awesome, I'm getting it for my boyfriend for christmas :)

also did anyone else get the game?
if so and you wanna join our party, my gamertag is SpaceGyaos

15 years 5 months ago #1949

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds