RIP Continental flight 3407

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • Last_Valk_Standing's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

RIP Continental flight 3407 was created by Last_Valk_Standing

This may seem a bit late but I really wanted to put this up. A few months ago I'm sure every one remembers the plane crash outside of Buffalo NY. A little over 50 people died including one person on the ground in the house where the plane crashed. Now I don't know how many here I've told but I am an A&P Mechanic (airplane mech) and the company that i worked for was Colgan Air. That is the company that operated that Q-400 that crashed.

I knew some of the flight crew, and although I know who was to blame for the crash I still hurt knowing that these people are gone now. We were all affected by the events of Sep, 11th I know. Even though many of us were in no personal way connected other then being American we all did feel that sense of loss.

This is the same feeling i had when i heard of this accident. My thoughts and prayers have been with the families of the crew and passengers and thoese hurt on the ground since it happend and I am finally ready to say good bye. :(

I've never been this close to such and event like this before and as an A&P it gives me shivers. Every job i did on thoes aircraft i would think "did i do this right? did i remember every step? If my family were on this plane would i feel comfortable letting it fly?" I lost sleep so many nights, even though i have a perfect record I still lost sleep. All the things that can go wrong up there it is scary to think about. So many lives rode on what i was doing every day. The scariest thing is that was a brand new aircraft. It had been delivered from the factory in Canada mere months before the accident. It crashed because of a simple pilot error, the worst kind of error.

Now as i go into nursing i have a much more serious view on my job. Every person has a life, has a value. All thoes who died that night had plans and dreams and goals left undone.

Two pilots, two flight attendants and nearly 50 passengers. And a family on the ground. None of them will ever be far from my mind. :(
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
15 years 1 week ago #3619

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:RIP Continental flight 3407

Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL

15 years 1 week ago #3620
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:RIP Continental flight 3407

GOOD WORDS..

FORMER MD-11 WORKER IN SAN DIEGO OF THE BOING PLANT
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
15 years 1 week ago #3636

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:RIP Continental flight 3407

Yeah the "Mad Dog" is a nice bird. :)

I get mushy at times and i had to get that stuff out. I think the only positive point of the accident was that the flight was not full. The Q can load 70 passengers. It isn't much but it's one of the few things that i cling to.

Member of AkL

15 years 1 week ago #3642

Time to create page: 0.461 seconds