"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 6 months ago #17577

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re: MACROSS PLUS VF-11 THUNDERBOLT HASEGAWA MODEL KIT

Hasegawa has,in my opinion, the best line of fighter kits on the market. Their Macross line is by far leaps above the old Bandai kits. I have a nice collection of VF-1 Macross kits. Good looking kit.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
12 years 6 months ago #17578

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: MACROSS PLUS VF-11 THUNDERBOLT HASEGAWA MODEL KIT

Mark Warlock wrote:

Hasegawa has,in my opinion, the best line of fighter kits on the market. Their Macross line is by far leaps above the old Bandai kits. I have a nice collection of VF-1 Macross kits. Good looking kit.

I love the Hasegawa kits. I have dozens of (unbuilt) ones in my storage space back home... Doing them real justice takes SERIOUS painting skill, though.
12 years 3 months ago #18068

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re: MACROSS PLUS VF-11 THUNDERBOLT HASEGAWA MODEL KIT

Gubaba wrote:

Doing them real justice takes SERIOUS painting skill, though.

Agreed.. A simple spray can paint job just won't due for these kits. If you want to really make the lines pop and make them look as realistic as possible, it takes skilled work with an air brush, washes, dry brushing, and even weathering pastels. I highly suggest that if anyone wants to tackle on of these or one of the VF-1 variants, then practice your air brushing and detail painting on a lesser kit. Also pick up issues of "Fine Scale Modeler" or even one of their books dedicated to air craft building and detailing. FSM is a great resource and will help you build a more realistic model.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

12 years 3 months ago #18070

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: MACROSS PLUS VF-11 THUNDERBOLT HASEGAWA MODEL KIT

Mark Warlock wrote:

Gubaba wrote:

Doing them real justice takes SERIOUS painting skill, though.

Agreed.. A simple spray can paint job just won't due for these kits. If you want to really make the lines pop and make them look as realistic as possible, it takes skilled work with an air brush, washes, dry brushing, and even weathering pastels. I highly suggest that if anyone wants to tackle on of these or one of the VF-1 variants, then practice your air brushing and detail painting on a lesser kit. Also pick up issues of "Fine Scale Modeler" or even one of their books dedicated to air craft building and detailing. FSM is a great resource and will help you build a more realistic model.

I know, right? Have you seen WMCheng's build-ups on Macross World? He's better than anyone else out there, alas.
12 years 3 months ago #18080

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Gubaba

No unfortunately I think I may have been Banned from the forums over there, but I can't for the life of me figure out why.

I've never made any disparaging remarks to anyone over there and have actually tried to help build better relations between Macross fans and Robotech fans.

Now, when I log in, it gives me an error #1000 and tells me I can't access the community.

12 years 3 months ago #18091

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Mark Warlock wrote:

Gubaba

No unfortunately I think I may have been Banned from the forums over there, but I can't for the life of me figure out why.

I've never made any disparaging remarks to anyone over there and have actually tried to help build better relations between Macross fans and Robotech fans.

Now, when I log in, it gives me an error #1000 and tells me I can't access the community.

I think they thought you were one of Pizza the Hutt's clone accounts...
12 years 3 months ago #18093

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds