Macross Frontier

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic A Very Macross Christmas

So, I went to the Macross F Christmas concert (oddly titled "Merry Christmas without You") last night, and damn if it wasn't awesome.

It was at Budokan (yes, the same place where Bob Dylan, Cheap Trick, and tons of others have recorded live albums, as well as the place the Beatles performed when they came to Japan), which is pretty damn big. More than 14,000 seats, and the show was completely sold out. (Lots of girls were standing on the sidewalk on the way to the show, holding up signs asking to sell them tickets. Sorry, Honey...you're cute, but not THAT cute...)

The show itself was absolutely stunning: Yoko Kanno on keyboards, a full band and orchestra, the singing voices of Sheryl and Ranka, and the voice actors for Alto, Sheryl, and Klan, performing for nearly three hours straight. As one of my friends said, it felt more like an "EVENT" than a concert.

The merchandise booth was pretty impressive, too. TONS of goods, ranging from T-shirts, to tote bags, to posters, to cell phone straps.

But I think the best thing was the crowd...enthusiastic, vocal, and DEEPLY into it, they made the show REALLY feel like something special. And having a bunch of hot girls dressed up like Sheryl hanging around wasn't bad, either.

So yeah...great night, great fun. :laugh:
13 years 4 months ago #14199

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:A Very Macross Christmas

Gubaba wrote:

So, I went to the Macross F Christmas concert (oddly titled \"Merry Christmas without You\") last night, and damn if it wasn\'t awesome.

It was at Budokan (yes, the same place where Bob Dylan, Cheap Trick, and tons of others have recorded live albums, as well as the place the Beatles performed when they came to Japan), which is pretty damn big. More than 14,000 seats, and the show was completely sold out. (Lots of girls were standing on the sidewalk on the way to the show, holding up signs asking to sell them tickets. Sorry, Honey...you\'re cute, but not THAT cute...)

The show itself was absolutely stunning: Yoko Kanno on keyboards, a full band and orchestra, the singing voices of Sheryl and Ranka, and the voice actors for Alto, Sheryl, and Klan, performing for nearly three hours straight. As one of my friends said, it felt more like an \"EVENT\" than a concert.

The merchandise booth was pretty impressive, too. TONS of goods, ranging from T-shirts, to tote bags, to posters, to cell phone straps.

But I think the best thing was the crowd...enthusiastic, vocal, and DEEPLY into it, they made the show REALLY feel like something special. And having a bunch of hot girls dressed up like Sheryl hanging around wasn\'t bad, either.

I haven\'t been to Japan since early 2008, so I, unfortunately, missed all the Frontier stuff. This show sounds like it would\'ve been a great way to start another trip out there to.
13 years 4 months ago #14201

• SIGHUP
  • SIGHUP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: A Very Macross Christmas

Gubaba wrote:

So, I went to the Macross F Christmas concert (oddly titled "Merry Christmas without You") last night, and damn if it wasn't awesome.

It was at Budokan (yes, the same place where Bob Dylan, Cheap Trick, and tons of others have recorded live albums, as well as the place the Beatles performed when they came to Japan), which is pretty damn big. More than 14,000 seats, and the show was completely sold out. (Lots of girls were standing on the sidewalk on the way to the show, holding up signs asking to sell them tickets. Sorry, Honey...you're cute, but not THAT cute...)

The show itself was absolutely stunning: Yoko Kanno on keyboards, a full band and orchestra, the singing voices of Sheryl and Ranka, and the voice actors for Alto, Sheryl, and Klan, performing for nearly three hours straight. As one of my friends said, it felt more like an "EVENT" than a concert.

But I think the best thing was the crowd...enthusiastic, vocal, and DEEPLY into it, they made the show REALLY feel like something special. And having a bunch of hot girls dressed up like Sheryl hanging around wasn't bad, either.

As much as you're respected in the RT/MACROSS communities for your great Macross insight and well roundedness. I think I speak for all the honry boys when I say:

--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
13 years 4 months ago #14226
Attachments:

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: A Very Macross Christmas

SIGHUP wrote:

As much as you're respected in the RT/MACROSS communities for your great Macross insight and well roundedness. I think I speak for all the honry boys when I say:

I'm respected in the RT fandom...? Huh. Tell THAT to Juan, and see what he says. :P

Anyway, here's a pic from the event (not taken by me):

You might also want to check the thread about it at Macross World. Tochiro took A LOT of pics and uploaded them all to the site.
13 years 4 months ago #14244

• SIGHUP
  • SIGHUP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: A Very Macross Christmas

Well Juan is a different story. I think for the most part people around here find you just fin, so that's my RT fandom. In any case, there we go.

You should feel privileged, I actually edited the common "This thread is worthless without pics" gif and switched the "This thread" with "This post" that's why it wobbles a little. I was too lazy to edit it precisely. Much like everything else I do.

Anyone take video? I guess I should check out the thread eh?
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
13 years 4 months ago #14245

Time to create page: 0.489 seconds