So what other Macross movies/ series are liked?

• lil-mungus
  • Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 0

So what other Macross movies/ series are liked? was created by lil-mungus

I haven't seen any of the other Macross series or movies. I've read about a few. Seems like some are hated, some are decent. Which ones do you guys like if any?

Honestly I know pretty much nothing of the others. I know some have the original characters like Macross 7 right? Are there any that kinda give the feeling of the original either in character or mecha style?

Are there any that differ but are good that stand alone & not compared to the original.

Thanks. Just wondering as I would like to see some other stuff that has been made & don't really know what to get.
12 years 1 month ago #18450

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: So what other Macross movies/ series are liked?

lil mungus wrote:

I haven't seen any of the other Macross series or movies. I've read about a few. Seems like some are hated, some are decent. Which ones do you guys like if any?

Honestly I know pretty much nothing of the others. I know some have the original characters like Macross 7 right? Are there any that kinda give the feeling of the original either in character or mecha style?

Are there any that differ but are good that stand alone & not compared to the original.

Thanks. Just wondering as I would like to see some other stuff that has been made & don't really know what to get.

Depends on what you like...

DYRL has all the same characters, but put in different situations. Memo likes it, Captain JLS calls it "a vapid experience." It's up to you.

Max, Milia, and Exsedol show up again in Macross 7...but the "feel" of the show is totally different from the orignal series.

"Macross Plus" has no original characters (unless you view the SDF-1 as a "character"), but you'll probably enjoy it.

"Macross Zero" has Roy, but it also has floating rocks, which apparently pisses off the "hard sci-fi" fans, despite the fact that they can be explained via science.

"Macross Frontier" is probably the most popular Macross sequel. Despite (or because of) that, Robotech fans seem to hate it. I'm unsure why.

Me, I like all of them...although I like some more than others.
12 years 1 month ago #18460

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Maxmapster on topic Re: So what other Macross movies/ series are liked?

I really liked Macross DYRL and Macross Plus.

Robotech The Shadow Chronicles was awesome.

Macross Zero was kinda cool.

Macross 2 was ok.

Wasn't impressed with Macross 7. Thought it was just stupid.

Macross Frontier was interesting to watch.
12 years 1 month ago #18461

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds