well i got up episode 7 on macross delta

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

well i got up episode 7 on macross delta was created by MEMO1DOMINION

NOT IN A HURRY TO SEE THIS. IT JUST A LITTLE TO OFF FOR ME. ESPECIALLY THE CG PART WITH THE MACROSS DESTROIDS. LOOKS MORE LIKE A VIDEO GAME FOOTAGE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
8 years 5 months ago #21497

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by neuronphaser on topic well i got up episode 7 on macross delta

Yeah, it looks like they crossed a couple (really disparate) genres and basically lost sight of what they are trying to do. I mean, I kinda like a lot of what I saw, but almost none of it together, if that makes sense. It's like a really bad trailer mash-up.
-- neuronphaser
robotech.wikia.com
8 years 5 months ago #21498

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic well i got up episode 7 on macross delta

The point here is that its NEW material. Better than none, like our current franchise.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
8 years 5 months ago #21501

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic well i got up episode 7 on macross delta

neuronphaser wrote: Yeah, it looks like they crossed a couple (really disparate) genres and basically lost sight of what they are trying to do. I mean, I kinda like a lot of what I saw, but almost none of it together, if that makes sense. It's like a really bad trailer mash-up.

they lost me at Jin Kisaragi's stunt double
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
8 years 5 months ago #21502

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic well i got up episode 7 on macross delta

I SEE WHY THEY WENT THAT ROUTE, NEW BLOOD. CATERING TO THE MOE FANDOM. GOOD MARKETING FOR THE MACROSS FRANCHISE. PRETTY MUCH WHAT WE SEE NOW IN ANIME.

THOUGHT MACROSS FOR ME WAS ITS OWN ENGINE. ITS OWN STORY, CHARACTERS, MECHA, ETC.

BUT SINCE MZERO AND FRONTIER, THEY LOST ME. ZERO WAS JUST WAY OFF THAN M7 IN THA LAST EPISODES. FRONTIER THE SAME. THOUGHT IT FELT LIKE A RECAP, THE ENDING JUST KILLED IT BUT STUCK IT THROUGH.

THIS, NOT SURE. NOT IN A HURRY LIKE WITH FRONTIER. BUT WILL SEE IT ANYWAYS. MY KIDS MIGHT LIKE IT THOUGHT.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
8 years 5 months ago #21506

Replied by neuronphaser on topic well i got up episode 7 on macross delta

SIGHUP wrote: The point here is that its NEW material. Better than none, like our current franchise.

I hear ya, but man, the last thing I want is for crappy new Robotech material. If you're not going to do it right, don't do it. Don't dilute the franchise.

Robotech remains strong and sought after *because* it was high quality at the time: high-quality animation (except a few random episodes) and high-quality storytelling. I'd rather be left happy with what I've got and wanting more than turned off by some new thing that is garbage.

Hell, if it weren't for things like the Clone Wars cartoon and the really good EU books and RPGs, Star Wars would've lost me with the prequels. They were such trash, for the most part. But luckily, those other things came along and saved it, and the new stuff coming out -- even if it's ultimately not that great -- at least looks like they are *trying* to revive the quality experience, rather than grab a few bucks and dump it.
-- neuronphaser
robotech.wikia.com
8 years 5 months ago #21512

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic well i got up episode 7 on macross delta

Not happy with the direction that the Macross franchise is heading. This trailer is really putting me off and I'm really thinking that the sponsors for this show are catering to non-macross fans. Just a vibe I'm feeling from the trailer.

Looking weird! :huh:
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
8 years 5 months ago #21534

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic well i got up episode 7 on macross delta

BACK FROM CHRISTMAS VACATION AND ABLE TO SEE THIS WITH SUBS.

UNLIKE THIS GUY......NOT THAT CRAZY ABOUT IT.

DAMN, BIG BOOBS HERE AS WELL. HAHAHA.

ANYWAYS, THE NEW MACROSS LOOK IS CATERING TO THE GENERAL ANIME GENRE WITH SALOR MOON LOOK AND MAGICAL GIRL FIGHTS WHILE DUMPING THE CG OUT ON SOME SCENES OUTRIGHT. PROBABLY SOMETHING MY KIDS WOULD LIKE TO SEE. FOR ME IT'S A PASS FOR MACROSS. DID I HATE IT?, NO. BUT DID NOT LIKE IT. BUT LET SEE WHERE THE REST OF THE EPISODES GO.

ON THE MUSIC TOTALLY EXPECTED IT. IT'S MACROSS BUT WITH THIS LOVE LIVE IDOL FEEL TO IT.

LIKE I SAID, ALL OTHER ANIMAS NOW ROLLED INTO ONE BY THE LOOKS OF IT.

MAGICAL GIRLS

LOVE LIVE IDOL
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
8 years 3 months ago #21624

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by OttselSpy25 on topic well i got up episode 7 on macross delta

neuronphaser wrote:

SIGHUP wrote: The point here is that its NEW material. Better than none, like our current franchise.

I hear ya, but man, the last thing I want is for crappy new Robotech material. If you're not going to do it right, don't do it. Don't dilute the franchise.

Robotech remains strong and sought after *because* it was high quality at the time: high-quality animation (except a few random episodes) and high-quality storytelling. I'd rather be left happy with what I've got and wanting more than turned off by some new thing that is garbage.

Hell, if it weren't for things like the Clone Wars cartoon and the really good EU books and RPGs, Star Wars would've lost me with the prequels. They were such trash, for the most part. But luckily, those other things came along and saved it, and the new stuff coming out -- even if it's ultimately not that great -- at least looks like they are *trying* to revive the quality experience, rather than grab a few bucks and dump it.

This is kind of my thought on the whole thing. I think that Robotech sequels (mainly counting the later two sagas here) have managed to capture the concepts of the original "Macross" saga while still being appealing to non "anime fans." I prefer having the same sort of nostalgia gimmicky things that every other 80s cartoon gets to these odd attempts to make Macross mixed with various gimmicks and cliches. If your trailer looks like a billion animes literally cut together before it looks like what you want it to, then there's a big problem.

But unlike some people I don't see a problem with both franchises co existing, nor with the concept that some people will like what I have no interest in.
8 years 3 months ago #21626

Replied by mojomike on topic well i got up episode 7 on macross delta

Just hours after a special New Year’s Eve airing of the first episode of the upcoming anime Macross Delta, Harmony Gold tweeted that they had acquired the western broadcasting rights to the anime and would re-purpose it as part of their sprawling Robotech franchise under the title Robotech Delta: Songstress Squad. The announcement was met with confusion from both anime industry insiders and fans alike, as both camps had simply assumed that Harmony Gold had gone out of business years ago.

“Wow, those guys are still going?” wrote one anime fan on a popular Macross website. “And here I thought it was just the sheer spite of the universe keeping the rest of Macross from getting an American release at this point. But hey, you learn something new and incredibly depressing, every day.”

According to insider sources, the adaption will run for 26 episodes in the summer of 2016, one season after its spring 2016 Japanese release, and will have its script rewritten to include references to the existing Robotech universe, which consists of similar adaptions of Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Super Dimension Calvary Southern Cross, and Genesis Climber Mospeada. Though firm details are sparse on the level of changes that will be made to Macross Delta, rumors persist that it will be set some time after the 2007 Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles film and will take place in an era where a horrible virus mutated from corrupt Protoculture and spread by the remnants of the ancient Robotech Masters has plunged the galaxy into chaos, with only young men and women raised on the legends of such heroes as the idol Lynn Minmay and ace pilot Rick Hunter able to save humans and Zentraedi alike from destroying themselves.

“Robotech helped bring anime to thousands of fans for the first time in the 1980s, and we hope to repeat that success with a new generation starting with Macross Delta,” a Harmony Gold representative related in a statement to Anime Maru. “And while we understand many purists would rather have Macross Delta broadcast in its unedited Japanese, by connecting it to the existing Robotech universe we’ll be able to please both fans of our original adaption from the 80’s and those who enjoyed Macross in its various forms over the years. Although, as for those who still want to watch Macross Delta in the original Japanese… I can’t speak on the subject at the moment, so let’s just say that our legal department is working on that problem as we speak.”

Harmony Gold would go on to announce earlier today that they had also acquired the rights to Macross Zero and Macross Frontier, which they will release as Robotech Zero: The Beginning, a prequel to the Robotech saga, and Robotech: New Frontiers, a sequel to the series’ third story arc, in American markets respectively.

When asked about the news, our staff’s resident Macross expert merely muttered, “Yack Deculture…” under his breath and then stumbled off, presumably in search of a stiff drink.

Does anybody know if this is true?
8 years 3 months ago #21633

Time to create page: 0.486 seconds