Does Japan have Robotech?

• Thank you received: 0

Does Japan have Robotech? was created by Roganu

Before anyway brings it up, yes, I know that Robotech is an amalgam of three unrelated shows. But is Robotech available for viewing in Japan in addition to the shows in their original, independent form?

I got to thinking about this when I realized that Shadow Chronicles is original animation that could be a viable product to sell in Japan. But it wouldn't make much sense if you don't have any back story to explain the events depicted in SC.
Robotech... Macross... I like 'em both.
13 years 3 weeks ago #15323

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Does Japan have Robotech?

Roganu wrote:

Before anyway brings it up, yes, I know that Robotech is an amalgam of three unrelated shows. But is Robotech available for viewing in Japan in addition to the shows in their original, independent form?

IN NAME, YES.

USING THE OSM (ORIGINAL SOURCE MATERIAL) OF SOUTHERN CROSS AND NEW GENERATION, YES.

USING OSM OF MACROSS BY HG INTO JAPAN, NO.

THERE IS ALREADY MACROSS CONTINUITY BEING RUN IN IT'S ORIGINAL INDEPENDENT FORM IN JAPAN. MACROSS ZERO, MACROSS FRONTIER, AND OTHER STORY'S AND MOVIES.

I got to thinking about this when I realized that Shadow Chronicles is original animation that could be a viable product to sell in Japan. But it wouldn't make much sense if you don't have any back story to explain the events depicted in SC.

THERE ARE FANS OF ROBOTECH IN JAPAN AND EVEN HAVE A BOOTLEG VERSION OF SHADOW CHRONICLES FAN SUBBED. THERE IS NO MACOSS ELEMENTS IN ROBOTECH SHADOW CHRONICLES SO TECHNICALLY IT CAN BE DISTRIBUTED IN JAPAN.

I THINK THERE IS NOT A MARKET FOR ROBOTECH IN JAPAN SINCE THE ROBOTECH FANS NUMBER VERY FEW.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 3 weeks ago #15324

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds