How I would "remake" Robotech.

• Richardmvela
  • Richardmvela's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

How I would "remake" Robotech. was created by Richardmvela

This is just how I would start a remake of the entire series including Sentinels and Shadow sagas...if you guys like my version I will add more. But anyway here goes...

Robotech
The Zentran Saga (Former Macross Saga)

- Starts out with an Invid fleet launching a surprise attack on a Masters outpost. As the outpost is overwhelmed we see Zor ordering his Zentran Soldiers to hold them off in order to abscond the final Protoculture matrix aboard his cruiser. Leading the Zentran defense regiment is Space commander Breetai. As his command vessel takes on catastrophic damage, he chooses to ram the Invid cruiser persuing the Cruiser housing Zor and the Protoculture matrix. He succeeds but not before nearly dying in the process and being captured,and not before the invid ship manages to damage the cruiser killing zor while it is folding. (this is 5 years prior to the crash)

- Cut to Earth , Unification War is raging when the cruiser exits fold space and crashes on Macross Island. In the ensuing year, the Individual world nations disolved leading to the United earth Government. With the discovery of the SDF-1, construction on both the Alaska base as well as the reconstruction of the SDF-1 begins. Within in 3 years, Construction on mars Base Sera begins.

- Construction of the SDF- 2 begins 5 years after the inital crash.

- 10 years after the crash, construction of all 4 projects conclude. Launch ceremonies begin on Macross Island. Rick Hunter has been chosen from the USDF as one of the pilots to fly aboard the SDF - 1. Having been chosen by adoptive brother Roy Fokker along with Max Sterling as the premier members of Skull squad alongside Jack Archer's Wolf Squad. However prior to ceremonies completion, Mars base Sera detects a space fold in progress on the far side of Titan.

- Several ARC(Former ARMD to avoid legal issues. Armored Carrier) class carriers are launched carrying multiple fighter wings of VF-1 Veritechs only to be destroyed in the onslaught of a massive Zentran fleet. Despite the destruction of the UESDF main carrier fleet, the Zentran do not detect Mars base Sera due to Atmospheric interference as well as Post fold Distortion do to the large number of ships still defolding in the Zentran Fleet.

- Due to this, advanced warning is provided to earth, however advanced scout cruisers arrive with Lunar orbit prior to the UESDF launching any vessels past earth Orbit. As a result the SDF- 1 is attacked by the 5 scout cruisers. Shock troops are dropped as well as many battle pods utterly destroying the city. Most of the civilian population that was not destroyed is put aboard the SDF- 1 while the majority of the science personelle from the Islands bases is put aboard the SDF- 2. In a last ditch effort to evade annihilation. The SDF- 1 performs a fold engulfing both the SDF- 2, several ARC carriers that had not launched, as well as several miles of the surrounding island.The fold takes the vessels just beyond Neptune.

- As a result of the devestation, the surviving pilots of the Islands defense forces are folded into the now named Wolf Squadron led by jack Archer and split aboard the SDF- 2. Among those chosen to stay with the SDF- 1 is Benjamin Dixon who is reuinted with Academy mates Max and Rick.

Now this is only a rough synopsis of how I would start a "remake" Robotech if I could. I would also use all new character designs and mecha designs to give more continuity to the characters from all sagas removing the design issues propagated by the original being 3 different shows.

- Also Zentran (Renamed from Zentradi to avoid issues and further seperate) would be large but not on the gigantic scale we know now. Average height would be close to 5 meters/15 feet.

- Mars Base Sera survives in order to be the precurson to the Mars Division fleets.

- Global war is now the Unification war itself. Earth was already moving towards a united government prior to SDF-1 Landing.

- Zentran fleet under Dolza would be closer to 1 Million to be more reasonable to fight but also to show the diminished Zentran numbers due to fighting Invid simultaneously back in Tirolian space.

- Breetai's eye/facial damage would be a result of his injury at the start as well as his suffering durring Invid captivity.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
13 years 3 weeks ago #15355

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Richardmvela
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: How I would "remake" Robotech.

Feel free to knock it, but you want to keep the Essence of the original but at the same time, distance from macross itself as well as Southern cross and Mospeada. The designs would go a long way to that as well as using characters from the expanded universe IMO.
13 years 3 weeks ago #15356

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: How I would "remake" Robotech.

Why do you think remaking Robotech is a good idea...?
13 years 3 weeks ago #15363

• Richardmvela
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

So that, with enough original designs and elements, we can then bring Macross products state side as a seperate entity not tied to it as it is currently.
13 years 3 weeks ago #15364

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Richardmvela wrote:

So that, with enough original designs and elements, we can then bring Macross products state side as a seperate entity not tied to it as it is currently.

Huh.

I'm reminded of the scene from the Muppet Movie where Gonzo says he's going to Bombay, India to become a movie star. When Fozzie says he should go to Hollywood, Gonzo replies, "Sure, if you want to do it the easy way."

Really, I don't think anyone needs to go to the massive expense and trouble of reanimating Robotech just to bring Macross over as a separate release. Both AnimEigo and ADV have, in fact, done just that (along with Southern Cross and Mospeada). And Macross II and Plus were also released unedited in the west.

I would imagine that HG's trademark on the name "Macross" is a bigger hurdle, and music licensing is the biggest hurdle for Macross 7 and Macross Frontier.
13 years 3 weeks ago #15365

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: How I would "remake" Robotech.

Even if RT was remade, removing the whole of The Macross Saga, would probably do very little to pave the way for Macross products to surface. HG would have ro relinquish and sell an element of Robotech that tends to be the more popular, proffitable segment.
13 years 3 weeks ago #15377

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: How I would "remake" Robotech.

Richardmvela wrote:

This is just how I would start a remake of the entire series including Sentinels and Shadow sagas...if you guys like my version I will add more. But anyway here goes...

LOT OF DISCUSSION ABOUT A REMAKE. IT WOULD ALSO HAVE TO BE A REBOOT TO FIX CONTINUITY FROM THE ORIGINAL 3 SAGAS.

Robotech
The Zentran Saga (Former Macross Saga)

- Starts out with an Invid fleet launching a surprise attack on a Masters outpost. As the outpost is overwhelmed we see Zor ordering his Zentran Soldiers to hold them off in order to abscond the final Protoculture matrix aboard his cruiser. Leading the Zentran defense regiment is Space commander Breetai. As his command vessel takes on catastrophic damage, he chooses to ram the Invid cruiser persuing the Cruiser housing Zor and the Protoculture matrix. He succeeds but not before nearly dying in the process and being captured,and not before the invid ship manages to damage the cruiser killing zor while it is folding. (this is 5 years prior to the crash)

NICE START. CARL MACEK GHRAPIC NOVEL. WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SEE MORE ABOUT HOW THE ZENTRADI BECAME TO BE. THEY BEEN LIVING UNDER THE MASTERS CONTROL FOR SO LONG AND JUST BARELY TAPPED INTO THE INVID FOR THE POWER SOURCE IN THE END. ZOR PRIME WOULD BE THE STRONGEST CHARACTER TO SHOW IN A ROBOTECH OPENING.

- Cut to Earth , Unification War is raging when the cruiser exits fold space and crashes on Macross Island. In the ensuing year, the Individual world nations disolved leading to the United earth Government. With the discovery of the SDF-1, construction on both the Alaska base as well as the reconstruction of the SDF-1 begins. Within in 3 years, Construction on mars Base Sera begins.

- Construction of the SDF- 2 begins 5 years after the inital crash.

WOULD LIKE TO DIVE INTO THE GLOBAL WAR. MAYBE SEE ROY AND RICK'S DAD DO SOME WAR FIGHTING. SOMETHING THAT BUILDS UP TO THE GLOBAL WAR. RICK HUNTER WILL BE IMPORTANT BUT THE STORY COULD FOCUS MORE ON ROY.

- 10 years after the crash, construction of all 4 projects conclude. Launch ceremonies begin on Macross Island. Rick Hunter has been chosen from the USDF as one of the pilots to fly aboard the SDF - 1. Having been chosen by adoptive brother Roy Fokker along with Max Sterling as the premier members of Skull squad alongside Jack Archer's Wolf Squad. However prior to ceremonies completion, Mars base Sera detects a space fold in progress on the far side of Titan.

I SAY STRAIGHT INTO THE ROBOTECH ACADEMY WITH ROY, LISA AND WHOEVER WHILE THINGS GET DEVELOPING. EXPLAIN MORE ABOUT ROBOTECH AND THE WEAPONS. A MAX SIDE STORY WOULD FIT IN NICE. ESPECIALLY HIS FRIENDSHIP WITH BEN. YOU KNOW THOSE GUYS GOT INTO A LOT OF TROUBLE....WELL BEN DIXON ANYWAYS.

- Several ARC(Former ARMD to avoid legal issues. Armored Carrier) class carriers are launched carrying multiple fighter wings of VF-1 Veritechs only to be destroyed in the onslaught of a massive Zentran fleet. Despite the destruction of the UESDF main carrier fleet, the Zentran do not detect Mars base Sera due to Atmospheric interference as well as Post fold Distortion do to the large number of ships still defolding in the Zentran Fleet.

MORE OF ROBOTECH ACADEMY WITH USE OF THE SPACE VESSELS. FOLLOW THE NEW CHARACTERS INTO MARS AND REALLY PUT UP A FIGHT. MARS WOULD BE A NICE WAR PLAYGROUND FOR THE FIRST ATTACH WHEN THE SCOUT ZENTRADI SHOWED UP IN THE COMICS SIDE STORY OF CARL REBER.

- Due to this, advanced warning is provided to earth, however advanced scout cruisers arrive with Lunar orbit prior to the UESDF launching any vessels past earth Orbit. As a result the SDF- 1 is attacked by the 5 scout cruisers. Shock troops are dropped as well as many battle pods utterly destroying the city. Most of the civilian population that was not destroyed is put aboard the SDF- 1 while the majority of the science personelle from the Islands bases is put aboard the SDF- 2. In a last ditch effort to evade annihilation. The SDF- 1 performs a fold engulfing both the SDF- 2, several ARC carriers that had not launched, as well as several miles of the surrounding island.The fold takes the vessels just beyond Neptune.

COOL. BUT I CAN DROP THE SDF-2 FOR NOW. TO EARLY. THEY BARELY HAD ENOUGH TIME TO RE BUILD THE FIRST ONE.

- As a result of the devestation, the surviving pilots of the Islands defense forces are folded into the now named Wolf Squadron led by jack Archer and split aboard the SDF- 2. Among those chosen to stay with the SDF- 1 is Benjamin Dixon who is reuinted with Academy mates Max and Rick.

THIS I WOULD LIKE TO SEE. WOLF SQUADRON IN THEIR BEST. WE KNOW A LOT ABOUT SKULL SQUADRON, BUT DONT MIND A STORY ON WOLF SQUADRON AND MAYBE THE DEALINGS WITH THE ANTI UNIFICATION LEAGUE.

Now this is only a rough synopsis of how I would start a "remake" Robotech if I could. I would also use all new character designs and mecha designs to give more continuity to the characters from all sagas removing the design issues propagated by the original being 3 different shows.

I SAY LEAVE THE ORIGINAL DESIGNS BUT AS THE SAGA CONTINUES INTO THE OTHER STORY'S, SHOW A PROPER WAY OF COMBINING OR WHY THE NEED FOR CHANGE. THE STORY DID IT. BUT WAS CONTROLLED BY VISUALS OF THE ANIMATION.

THIS WOULD BE A GOOD WAY TO MAKE AN ANIMATION FLOW FROM ONE SAGA TO THE NEXT WITH NEW STYLES TO BETTER EXPLAIN THE CHANGES WITH THE STORY. NOT TO MUCH AWAY FROM THE OSM ANIMATION AND THEN GOING INTO RTSC, BUT THEN AGAIN RTSC FOLLOWS NEW GENERATION.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 3 weeks ago #15380

• Richardmvela
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

One of the reasons I changed the Global wars to the Unification war iotself would be so that they could go back and do OVAs similar to Universal Century Gundam, where you could tell more in depth side/back sotries...also part of the reason i have Breetai getting jacked up in the beginning. Also why I had mars base survie.
13 years 3 weeks ago #15383

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Richardmvela wrote:

One of the reasons I changed the Global wars to the Unification war iotself would be so that they could go back and do OVAs similar to Universal Century Gundam, where you could tell more in depth side/back sotries...

Huh again.

Redoing Macross Zero, you mean?
13 years 3 weeks ago #15394

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re: How I would "remake" Robotech.

Lets see, a short list for the moment:

1.) Use the various ersatz-Macross designs from years past like the SDF-03 and SDF-08 designs from The Sentinels. There are no legitimate reasons for HG not to do this as they have full use of such designs.

2.) Dump the troublesome terms from that come from SDF Macross. Use Sekiton instead of Protoculture, Battloid instead of Destroid, Space Defense Fortress instead of Super Dimensional Fortress. Keep Zentraedi, but pronounce it more like T'sentraeti.

3.) No character will have hair or skin pigmentation that is not found in human beings (ie - no blue hair unless its dyed).

4.) The Zentraedi are normal-sized humans.

5.) Show some level of continuity between the three chapters. Have designs from all 3 eras within the structure of the anime. Use the Shuttles and armored vehicles from Southern Cross for The Zentraedi War. Have the replacement for the VF-1 Valkyrie and VF-6 Alpha appear in combat during The Masters War. Have the REF with Hovertanks during The Invid Occupation and so on and so forth.

6.) For God's sake, if you're going to have a new Narrator, double check the dialogue to make sure there are no continuity flubs.
13 years 3 weeks ago #15396

Time to create page: 0.529 seconds