• REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Fanboy revival was created by Last_Valk_Standing

ROBOTECH
An Epic Legacy That Has Forever Changed The Way We Look At Anime And Sci-fi
[/color][/b][/size]

Many of us on here have been with the series since it was first brodcast back in the mid 80'snot to pinpoint our ages lol!

We were all sucked into a story that for most of us would consume our imaginations for the rest of our lives.

Lately I've not been able to enjoy most of my hobbies due to school, however now that i've finished and have time I dove into my Robotech with a vengence. To say i'm as smitten now as i was back in the day would be a massive understatement.

Today I'm more obsessed then ever before. The soundtrack is my daily anthem, I've got Battle Cry on in one room, Shadow Chronicles on in the main room and my novels, Modles and DVDs scattered in between. My kids love it just as much.

It's not everyday you find something that captures your imagination is such a way and stubbornly hangs on for 20 years. For me i had a recorded VHS tape with the first two episodes of ROBOTECH and that was all i had of the series for years until i found the DVDs in the Navy in 2002. Yea all that time i was obsessed with a cartoon that i only had two episodes, just less then an hour of play time.

I had ONE toy VT that we bought in a lawn sale. It was missing most all the parts. It was my favorite toy for years.

The original series to this day means everything to me. And while it seems some (alot of the users on RT.com not here) have begun to hang their love of this series on weather the LAM is good or not, me personally i'm happy as long as it's ROBOTECH.

I'm sorry if i sound pathetic but I'm lost to my obsession. It's a great time to be a Robotech Fan. :laugh:
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
14 years 9 months ago #4257

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Fanboy revival

I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU MAN.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 9 months ago #4267

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by RDFdrift on topic Re:Fanboy revival

It's pretty crazy that it's affected so many people in the same way.
14 years 9 months ago #4306

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • Last_Valk_Standing's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:Fanboy revival

I really need to get the rest of the original 85 in the remastered edition soon lol. i know i'm missing out
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
14 years 7 months ago #6283

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Fanboy revival

Yes that is what is so great about the series. It affected everyone almost in the same way. Long live RT!
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 7 months ago #6284

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Fanboy revival

YOU KNOW, NOW THAT ADV IS GOING UNDER, AND THE RIGHTS ABOUT TO BE MOVED, WOULD ONE HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE WHAT THE NEW COMPANY WILL DO? LIKE A BLUE RAY COLLECTION?

MY SUGGESTION IS TO HOLD OFF AND WAIT AND SEE. DON'T WANT YOU TO PAY FOR SOMETHING WHEN YOU COULD HAVE ANOTHER THING THAT WOULD BE MUCH BETTER.

NOW, IF YOU CANT WAIT THEN GO AHEAD.

I ONLY BOUGHT THE VHS COPIES AND LEGACY. AND THAT'S IT FROM THE ORIGINAL SERIES.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 7 months ago #6285

• buffalostyle
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Addicted to Protoculture
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by buffalostyle on topic Re:Fanboy revival

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

YOU KNOW, NOW THAT ADV IS GOING UNDER, AND THE RIGHTS ABOUT TO BE MOVED, WOULD ONE HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE WHAT THE NEW COMPANY WILL DO? LIKE A BLUE RAY COLLECTION?

MY SUGGESTION IS TO HOLD OFF AND WAIT AND SEE. DON'T WANT YOU TO PAY FOR SOMETHING WHEN YOU COULD HAVE ANOTHER THING THAT WOULD BE MUCH BETTER.

NOW, IF YOU CANT WAIT THEN GO AHEAD.

I ONLY BOUGHT THE VHS COPIES AND LEGACY. AND THAT'S IT FROM THE ORIGINAL SERIES.

Ooooh, Blu-Ray....now that is something that would be an awesome addition to my collection. As it is, I have collected RT on VHS, the first DVD release, clamshells, Remastered and the Protoculture Collection. I know, I have issues...however, it is cool to see that Robotech is still going strong with a rabid fanbase. One that I am proud to be a part of.
-buffalostyle
www.flickr.com/groups/1739199@N25/ Robotech Appreciation Flickr group
Member of the A.k.L.(Anti-kyle League)
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by buffalostyle. Reason: spell check
14 years 7 months ago #6443

Time to create page: 0.313 seconds