Favorite Anime

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Favorite Anime

NICE.

NOW A SEARCH BEGINS WITH DUBBS.

KID ALMOST LOOKED LIKE THAT FROM GIANT ROBO.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 5 months ago #7409

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Spartan-X on topic Re:Favorite Anime

Full Metal Panic
Fist Of the north Star
Starship Operators
GTO
Zeta Gundam
Cowboy Bebop
Beck
Elfen Lied
Black Lagoon
Saiyuki
RT The New Generation
14 years 1 month ago #10869

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:Favorite Anime

In chronological order:

Epics:
Space Battleship Yamato & its sequels
Galaxy Express 999
Space Pirate Captain Harlock
Mobile Suit Gundam (U.C. Timeline)
Urusei Yatsura
Macross & its sequels

Shorter series:
Zambot 3
Ideon
L-Gaim
Area 88 (OVA > TV series)
Aim for the Top! Gunbuster
Evangelion & its movies
Serial Experiments Lain
Escaflowne
Cowboy Bebop
Here and There, Now and Then
K-On!

Movies:
Any Studio Ghibli
Paprika
The Girl who Leapt Through Time
Summer Wars

Guilty Pleasures:
Fist of the North Star
Saint Seiya
Parasite Kiss
Peach Girl
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Gubaba.
14 years 1 month ago #10870

Hey gubaba I was wondering if you had a favorite UC series or charecter
14 years 1 month ago #10871

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Spartan-X wrote:

Hey gubaba I was wondering if you had a favorite UC series or charecter

I dunno...it depends on my mood. Generally, I like the original series and Zeta the best. I also really liked MS Igloo and 0080. The only ones I dislike are Double Zeta (doesn't everyone dislike that?) and the 08th MS Team, which seemed too "One Year War Lite" for me. I know I'm WAY in the minority there, though.

Unicorn episode one blew me away. I love how they're picking up a lot of the threads from Double Zeta, but making them cool. So...yeah. If they can keep it up, that'll probably end up being one of my big favorites.

And you?
14 years 1 month ago #10873

zeta is my fave UC series by far. And thats due to the strong supporting cast. However I also find ZZ enjoyable and honestly I dont understand the contempt for ZZ and Charecters Bright Noa, Emma sheen, Judau and Hamam are my faves.
14 years 1 month ago #10874

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Spartan-X wrote:

zeta is my fave UC series by far. And thats due to the strong supporting cast. However I also find ZZ enjoyable and honestly I dont understand the contempt for ZZ and Charecters Bright Noa, Emma sheen, Judau and Hamam are my faves.

Obviously, I can't speak for anybody else, but for me, some of my older friends were renting the Double Zeta episodes batch-by-batch from the video rental shops in L.A.'s Little Tokyo area (this is when it was airing in 1986. The VHS tapes would have a really random assortment of stuff on them, one episode of Dragonball here, one episode of Saint Seiya there, and somewhere in the mix there would be the latest Double Zeta episode). We were so excited about it, and then after a couple of episodes, it became clear that this wasn't going to be the kind of n-holds-barred war story that Zeta was, and all the comedy was kind of off-putting.

I ended up dropping the series by about episode 14 or so (the Moon-Moon colony was the last straw for me). It wasn't until 1999 or 2000 when I went back, rented the official DVDs, and watched the whole thing. I ended up liking it better than I thought I would, but of the four UC TV series, it's my least favorite.

But yeah...Haman is one of the greatest characters in all of Gundam. Did you read the Char's Deleted Affair comic? Yummy, yummy Haman backstory in that one. :laugh:
14 years 1 month ago #10877

ZZ did get better as it went along. And watching the Judau& Haman story unfold was fun for me. I this her I find it funny that so many found fault with the light tone of ZZ but they seem to like other comedic themed mecha shows.

I've yet to read that story. As for what you said about lady Haman, I think her importance often underated.
14 years 1 month ago #10878

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Spartan-X wrote:

ZZ did get better as it went along. And watching the Judau& Haman story unfold was fun for me. I this her I find it funny that so many found fault with the light tone of ZZ but they seem to like other comedic themed mecha shows.

But those comedic shows aren't direct sequels to one of the darkest, bleakest mecha shows ever made, which ZZ is. :)

Spartan-X wrote:

I've yet to read that story. As for what you said about lady Haman, I think her importance often underated.

It just finished up serialization in Gundam Ace magazine. Zeonic Corps has been translating it, but they're only up to Volume...4, I believe (out of 14 total books).

Overall, it's kind of a slow-moving series (since it covers Char's life between 0079 and 0087...no big wars or anything, mostly everybody hiding out on Axis), but I think it's worthwhile. Still, I gotta admit I wasn't sorry that it ended.

EDIT: So have you seen Unicorn yet? If not, you should see it as soon as possible.
14 years 1 month ago #10879

True but Tomino, was trying to balance things out. Cause zeta was so dark its he regretted that hence the new translation movies
14 years 1 month ago #10881

Time to create page: 0.418 seconds