• Last_Valk_Standing
  • Last_Valk_Standing's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

WB's Live Action Trend was created by Last_Valk_Standing

Wow it's been a while since i last started a thread :D heheheh

Ok so we all know about RLAM and of course the varied and sometimes heated debates. Half of us don't want it made and the half that do can't agree on how it should be done.

Ok before some new posted decides to say "Hey man this is in the wrong topic" lol I come to my point, I just learned that another anime series is also being persued by WB for a Live adaptation.

Bleach By Tite Kubo has been picked up by WB for a possible LAM. Tite has made it very clear atleast in the past that he could never see his manga done in Live action, however it would seem that he may have had a change of heart. Money talks i suppose.

Now for the fun part. My fionce is a massive Bleach fan, about as hard core as i am about my RT. After i passed on this news to her she did exactly what we did back in 2007. Freak. First deny that it is real news. Then say that it isn't possible, then get giddy about the possiblity. Naturally she went to her boards to check it out and sure enough it sounds like the RT boards on the RLAM.

It's pretty funny actually but now this other fan base can feel our pain lol.

Ok one last point. First off yes i know, alot of ppl don't like Bleach for the Fillers. Get a grip please.

It's a pretty good Manga and anime and it has been ongoing since 2001 or there abouts.

It would seem that RT, Bleach, Deathnote are all on WB's platter. It will be interesting to see if WB manages to do what no one else has been able to, turn popular Anime/Manga into a Box office hit.
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
14 years 1 month ago #10929

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: WB's Live Action Trend

Nooooo not another Dragon Ball! Please!

I just can't see some Anime/Manga turned live action. Its just going to look too silly. Maybe RT can get away with it because its space. I suppose if its done right. AH well.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 1 month ago #10931

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re:WB's Live Action Trend

Last_Valk_Standing wrote:

It would seem that RT, Bleach, Deathnote are all on WB's platter. It will be interesting to see if WB manages to do what no one else has been able to, turn popular Anime/Manga into a Box office hit.

:silly:
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Lobizon.
14 years 1 month ago #10933

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • Last_Valk_Standing's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:WB's Live Action Trend

Yeah never been a fan of Death Note. It goes past my morbid rateing. lol

From what i read WB intends to do an American version. Either way it deffinitly shows what WB is persuing right now.
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Last_Valk_Standing.
14 years 1 month ago #10947

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:WB's Live Action Trend

Last_Valk_Standing wrote:

Now for the fun part. My fionce is a massive Bleach fan, about as hard core as i am about my RT. After i passed on this news to her she did exactly what we did back in 2007. Freak. First deny that it is real news. Then say that it isn't possible, then get giddy about the possiblity. Naturally she went to her boards to check it out and sure enough it sounds like the RT boards on the RLAM.

It's pretty funny actually but now this other fan base can feel our pain lol.

I think that's pretty normal. Most of us have seen stories we like get twisted and wrecked by Hollywood. Only a fool would assume that a great source material = a great movie. Certain stories are simply not cinematic, either because they are too "internal" (i.e. they go inside the characters' heads and make their thought processes a vital part of the story), too talky, or simply too long. Stuff that works on the page (even a comic page) or on a weekly television series is not guaranteed to work in a movie format, where you are constrained by time (very few movies will run longer than, say, three-and-a-half hours) and structure (since it appears to be an iron-clad rule that all Hollywood movies MUST be three acts long).

There's also the problem that Hollywood movie seem to be incapable of having any genuine ideas, but that's a rant for another time...
14 years 1 month ago #10952

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by HashiNoUsagi on topic Re:WB's Live Action Trend

Gubaba wrote:

There's also the problem that Hollywood movie seem to be incapable of having any genuine ideas, but that's a rant for another time...

The same can be said about the anime industry. There's a lot of anime based of manga as opposed to original works.

I don't care for Bleach. I like action, bloody, gorey, but I don't like series that go on for too long and the characters relationships don't progress naturally. I can get into a series like Bleach, but at some point they may stop making sense or stop being somewhat realistic. (Yea I know..it's a comic book with crazy things that could never be real, but there still has to be some realism to the characters and situations)
Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get banned from any forum.....yet.
14 years 4 weeks ago #11092

Time to create page: 0.453 seconds