• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Talking animal movies...... was created by LadyGrimes

*RAEG FACE*

Why the hell does hollywood keep making these?
I HATE CG talking animal movies, they are so lame and seem to be getting stupider every day!
and for the record YES I know they're aimed at kids, but they're also made for "everyone" aka family flicks....
and some poor unfortunate souls get dragged to these pieces of shit! Its not just the movies themselves, it's the fucktarded jokes in the movies as well! They're not funny, they're not creative, they are just stupid. Hell monkeys could write a better movie! Wait I take that back... these films probably are made by monkeys!

Yes I'm talking about the latest turd "Marmuduke" or whatever its called. It looks retarded and I want to know why the movie business keeps crapping these out....
and it's not just CG animal flicks.. it's also retarded family movies like TOOTHFAIRY lol Dwane Johnson "The Rock" who used to be in movies like the scorpion king is doing retarded kid movies... You know when a once popular star stars doing those kinds of films, that their career went down the shitter :O *cough* Adam Sandler *cough*

but yes, enough shitty movies! Make something good for a god damn change that isn't retarded! Especially if they know certain people will be dragged to see these atrocities.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
13 years 11 months ago #12306

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: Talking animal movies......

Easy answer, its HOLLYWOOD.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
13 years 11 months ago #12316

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re:Talking animal movies......

Biollante wrote:

*RAEG FACE*

I HATE CG talking animal movies, they are so lame and seem to be getting stupider every day!
and for the record YES I know they're aimed at kids, but they're also made for "everyone" aka family flicks....
and some poor unfortunate souls get dragged to these pieces of shit! Its not just the movies themselves, it's the fucktarded jokes in the movies as well! They're not funny, they're not creative, they are just stupid. Hell monkeys could write a better movie! Wait I take that back... these films probably are made by monkeys!

Yes I'm talking about the latest turd "Marmuduke" or whatever its called. It looks retarded and I want to know why the movie business keeps crapping these out....
and it's not just CG animal flicks.. it's also retarded family movies like TOOTHFAIRY lol Dwane Johnson "The Rock" who used to be in movies like the scorpion king is doing retarded kid movies... You know when a once popular star stars doing those kinds of films, that their career went down the shitter :O *cough* Adam Sandler *cough*

but yes, enough shitty movies! Make something good for a god damn change that isn't retarded! Especially if they know certain people will be dragged to see these atrocities.

While I tend to agree with you on many points.. I must admit.. there are times when I'm looking to watch something completely stupid (*mumbles* Beverly Hills Chihuahua)...

Now that being said... I hate the live action animal movies where they talk... cartoons are one thing.. but not live action. Now Stuff like The Chipmunk movie (for me) was a little different cause at least they were straight animated and they didn't just use animals and make their mouths move.

Now as far as why Hollywood keeps making these abominations... Simple.... People go see them. Enough people shell out there hard earned 9 bucks... more if its 3-D.. to make the different studioes keep looking at scripts like that. If people would stop going to see them then they'd stop making them... unless they just needed a tax write off.. LMAO :lol:
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
13 years 11 months ago #12317

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Talking animal movies......

Mark Warlock wrote:

Biollante wrote:

*RAEG FACE*

While I tend to agree with you on many points.. I must admit.. there are times when I'm looking to watch something completely stupid (*mumbles* Beverly Hills Chihuahua)...

Now that being said... I hate the live action animal movies where they talk... cartoons are one thing.. but not live action. Now Stuff like The Chipmunk movie (for me) was a little different cause at least they were straight animated and they didn't just use animals and make their mouths move.

Now as far as why Hollywood keeps making these abominations... Simple.... People go see them. Enough people shell out there hard earned 9 bucks... more if its 3-D.. to make the different studioes keep looking at scripts like that. If people would stop going to see them then they'd stop making them... unless they just needed a tax write off.. LMAO :lol:

oh without a doubt it's the live action talking animal flicks that make me cringe. The animation just looks stupid, and it doesn't even look like they are talking, shit the horse Mr. Ed was more believable than this crap lol
but yeah if people want to watch these pieces of poo, fine by me, but I don't want to see them and I do get dragged...
Hollywood is just out of ideas in EVERY genre it seems

13 years 11 months ago #12321

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Talking animal movies......

$9 dollars for a movie? That's a good deal. Over here I swear tickets are $11.50.

Yes, as long as there are herds of sheep willing to shell out money to watch what are stupid movies to us, they will be continued to be made.

Biollante wrote:

he animation just looks stupid, and it doesn't even look like they are talking, shit the horse Mr. Ed was more believable than this crap lol

I actually agree here. As an example, I prefer the old Godzilla flicks with the guy in the rubber suit. It was not real, yet it looks a lot more believable because of the guy in the suit. There is something about CGI that STILL won't capture the movement of nature.

Pixar is great and all that but it still looks CGI.

Oh and I STILL haven't seen AVATAR.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
13 years 11 months ago #12322

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Talking animal movies......

SIGHUP wrote:

$9 dollars for a movie? That's a good deal. Over here I swear tickets are $11.50.

Yes, as long as there are herds of sheep willing to shell out money to watch what are stupid movies to us, they will be continued to be made.

Biollante wrote:

he animation just looks stupid, and it doesn't even look like they are talking, shit the horse Mr. Ed was more believable than this crap lol

I actually agree here. As an example, I prefer the old Godzilla flicks with the guy in the rubber suit. It was not real, yet it looks a lot more believable because of the guy in the suit. There is something about CGI that STILL won't capture the movement of nature.

Pixar is great and all that but it still looks CGI.

Oh and I STILL haven't seen AVATAR.

CG in a live action environment doesn't always work... because in some cases it either doesn't blend well or just looks like shit. I just get tired of movie companies using it, when they don't need to. I mean it has gotten to the point where they are using it for every little effect, when back then in some movies they had impressive effects such as stop motion animation, and good ol' puppetry.
in other words, they've just become lazy...

one of my favorite movie artists in the horror genre is Tom Savini. His work is just simply amazing, the types of effects he can pull off in his films are just wow

heres some of Savini's work

moar

CG is no match for the real thing ;)

Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by LadyGrimes.
13 years 11 months ago #12329

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by HashiNoUsagi on topic Re:Talking animal movies......

It seems like most of us agree. Yes, most of them suck, but for some reason people waste their time and money to see them so Hollywood keeps making them.

Can you truthfully say that you never watched a "stupid" kid movie? I know that there's many of them that I would cringe if I had to watch them now. That's usually more of the 90's movies. I guess the 80's kids movies weren't that bad.
Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get banned from any forum.....yet.
13 years 11 months ago #12330

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds