Voltron LAM ???

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Voltron LAM ???

2012 COMIC CON NEWS (FORGOT TO POST THIS)
Live-Action VOLTRON Movie Still In Development

Announced at last year's SDCC, details on Relativity Media's live-action Voltron movie have been null and void but this year's Con brought a brief update from the film's producer.
Mark Julian - 7/16/2012

www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=63946

Announced last year at SDCC 2011, details on the live-action Voltron movie have been virtually nonexistent but this year's Con supplied a brief update from World Event Productions' Creative Director Jeremy Corray and vice president Robert Kopla .

QUESTION: What’s the latest word on the Voltron feature film that you introduced at last year’s Comic-Con?

Kopla: It’s currently in development with Relativity Media. Josh Oppenheimer and Thomas Donnelly are working on the script and they have some cool ideas. It’s going to be a big action adventure flick and we’re really excited about it. We have some talented producers on it.

Relativity Media announced last year that they had optioned the rights for a feature film based on the 5 brave space explorers who find robot lions which form the galactic defender known as Voltron.

The live-action film will be produced by Atlas Entertainment’s Roven (The Dark Knight) and Richard Suckle (The International), along with Kickstart Entertainment’s Jason Netter (Wanted). World Events Productions’ Ted Koplar (Voltron Force) will executive produce. The script is being penned by Thomas Dean Donnelly (Conan the Barbarian) and Joshua Oppenheimer (Sahara).
Read more at www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicC...#mpYU1Y0uJL1kvVH7.99
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
11 years 4 months ago #19964

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Voltron LAM ???

‘Man Of Steel’s’ producer on rebooting Superman, plus Uncharted, Warcraft, and Voltron updates
By Rick Marshall — June 13, 2013

www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/man-of-stee...and-voltron-updates/

QUESTION
Fair enough. And finally, I have to ask about the Voltron movie you’ve been involved with for so long. Are you still working on that one? It seems like we’ve been talking about that movie for a while now…

ANSWER
I’m still involved with it. Whereas with Uncharted I think we’ve cracked the story and now we’re working on shaping it and doing some of the textural things we did with Man Of Steel as we got to that place in the process, we still haven’t cracked the Voltron story. The reality is, Voltron lives in sort of that same space as Transformers and Pacific Rim, but it’s different. I love Transformers and what Michael Bay has done with it and I’m a huge Guillermo Del Toro fan, but those things inform Voltron. And if you’re going to create a Voltron story, you want to know that you’ve created enough distance between those potentially similar elements. You want to make sure you’re not treading on them and you’re coming up with something original that, on one hand, holds true to the Voltron canon, but on the other hand, it still holds fresh. It’s quite a challenge.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
10 years 9 months ago #20479

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.332 seconds