Voltron LAM ???

• Lobizon
  • Lobizon's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Fox Prepares for Live-Action Voltron Movie was created by Lobizon

The 20th Century Fox-based production company New Regency is close to a deal with the Mark Gordon Company to bring Voltron: Defender of the Universe the the big screen. The live-action project was in development since 2004. Interest likely skyrocketed after the huge popularity of Michael Bay’s Transformers. The popular 1980’s japanese created animated television series was also part of the 1-18-08/Cloverfield fanboy speculation. Now that another production company will own the rights to the project, may-be the rumors will finally stop.

He-Man scribe Justin Marks penned the screenplay which is being described as “a post-apocalyptic tale set in New York City and Mexico. Five ragtag survivors of an alien attack band together and end up piloting the five lion-shaped robots that combine and form the massive sword-wielding Voltron that helps battle Earth’s invaders.” Marks is also working on the Green Arrow prison break film SuperMax and a new version of Street Fighter.

I actually believe that a Voltron movie could be cool if it wasn’t geared towards young children. People want to see big giant robots fighting aliens and destroying all that lay in their path. This could be that movie. Plus, unlike Transformers, there is a human element which is already interconnected to the story.

Links sources: VARIETY | /film

Saludos Lobi ;)
Last edit: 15 years 8 months ago by Lobizon.
15 years 8 months ago #1304

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Veritech_IDEON on topic Re:Fox Prepares for Live-Action Voltron Movie

I actually believe that a Voltron movie could be cool if it wasn’t geared towards young children.

But everything about the original was geared to young children. I don't know how it could appeal to adults, except as nostalgia or tongue-in-cheek adventure.

Personally, I LOVE GoLion. It's my guilty pleasure, but I can't really enjoy Lion Force Voltron after seeing the original GoLion, so I can't say I'm too excited about a live-action Voltron.

I remember seeing Voltron for the first time when Cartoon Network re-ran it when I was six or seven. I loved it then, and at the time I thought it was better than Robotech! I have since seen the error of my ways.:laugh: :P
MACROSS SAGA > ROBOTECH MASTERS > NEW GENERATION

IMHO

My hobbies include:

Robotech

That's it.
15 years 8 months ago #1305

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Fox Prepares for Live-Action Voltron Movie

Live-Action everything nowadays eh? Cool very cool though.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
15 years 8 months ago #1306

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Fox Prepares for Live-Action Voltron Movie

HEHEHE

WORLD EVENTS WAS GOING THROUGH A PHASE SIMILAR AS HG DID WITH ITS LICENSING AND RIGHTS. I KNEW THE ADMINISTRATION BACK IN 2005. WORLD EVENT FIRST CAME IN THE SCENE BACK IN ST. LOUIS CONVENTION ABOUT 4 YEARS AGO. OR WAS IT FIVE??
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
15 years 8 months ago #1307

• Swampy19
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Hey wasup my fellow micronians

Replied by Swampy19 on topic Re:Fox Prepares for Live-Action Voltron Movie

if you go to latinoreview.com you can read a review of the script its very dark definately not for kids Justin Marks wrote it and it is goood .
Robotech Academy hopefull
VF-200 DEMON SHADOW Squadron
1st Liutenant
Call Sign:
Devil
Weapons:
VF-1S
Hanzo Sword
15 years 8 months ago #1311

Replied by Veritech_IDEON on topic Re:Fox Prepares for Live-Action Voltron Movie

if you go to latinoreview.com you can read a review of the script its very dark definately not for kids Justin Marks wrote it and it is goood .

Here's another review of the script. This one makes it sound more kid-friendly though.
MACROSS SAGA > ROBOTECH MASTERS > NEW GENERATION

IMHO

My hobbies include:

Robotech

That's it.
15 years 8 months ago #1313

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Fox Prepares for Live-Action Voltron Movie

wow! hollywood has really gone to the mecha nowadays hasnt it?

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
15 years 8 months ago #1352

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by Szpectre on topic Voltron LAM ???

Although kind of cool, but mostly silly, how is this getting done before Robotech??? The stories were very predictable and there was little depth to the characters.

www.joblo.com/index.php?id=33872

- Mike
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Lobizon.
13 years 7 months ago #13503

• Lobizon
  • Lobizon's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re:Voltron???

WAY too Bayformers-ish, here another art concept made it by Andree Wallin the artist who made the Voltron art concept.

13 years 7 months ago #13506

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Voltron???

VOLTRON Scraps Big Screen Plans; Will Relaunch on Nicktoons as VOLTRON FORCE

www.collider.com/2010/06/07/voltron-forc...aps-film-adaptation/

by Matt Goldberg
Posted:June 7th, 2010 at 10:58 pm

Rather than make the leap straight to the big screen, the popular 80s cartoon Voltron will be launching a new animated series along with a new toy line. Variety reports that starting next year, Nicktoons will air 26 half-hour episodes of Voltron Force, which will still be about five space explorers who pilot robotic lions that combine to form Voltron, an invincible guardian sworn to defend the Universe. According to Variety, the “series will remain faithful to the old show, while introducing new recruits to fight alongside the original characters.” Naturally, you can expect new toys to accompany the new series.

Voltron joins other 80s cartoon show Thundercats as a property that is taking a step back from plans to go straight to a feature film and instead trying to rekindle interest through a new television series. The feature film adaptation hit a major snag last September when a lawsuit was filed between the owners of the television rights and the owners of the film rights.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 7 months ago #13510

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds