• Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

The Walking Dead was created by LadyGrimes

Any other fans of this series?
finale aired last Sunday
now we must wait a year for season 2

I hope the next season is much better has more zombie action.

*edit* Also, how many of you own the "Zombie Survival Guide"?
If not and you're a zombie fan I suggest you pick it up, totally epic.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by LadyGrimes.
13 years 4 months ago #14054

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Fuzzy on topic Re:The Walking Dead

Oh hellz yeah!

Been a fan of that since the pilot episode. Im glad it got picked up for a second season. Maybe the new season will be more than 6 episodes. *crosses fingers*
13 years 4 months ago #14055

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re:The Walking Dead

When I first started watching the pilot I was thinking that I had seen better zombie action, but as I continued to watch the series grew on me quickly. Nice character study with some very good drama, yeah it could probably use more zombies.
Too bad we have to wait so long for season 2 and that a season is only 6 episodes. Unfortunately, there is a trend now in the US to split shows into 13 or 6/7 episode seasons with sometimes a year or more between them.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by rtsurfer.
13 years 4 months ago #14056

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:The Walking Dead

yeah I hope we get more than 6 episodes next season. I hope AMC will realize how popular the series is and ask for more.
And yes it is a hell of a long wait, which is why I plan on purchasing the Compendium of the walking dead, that way I can read the OSM.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
13 years 4 months ago #14057

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:The Walking Dead

FOLLOW IT AS WELL. GOT SOME OF THE COMICS ALREADY AND IT SURPRISED ME THAT IT GOT TURNED INTO A T.V. SERIES.

I LIKE HOW IT TURNED OUT IN T.V. AND SOME CHANGES FROM THE COMIC. THERE ARE OTHERS THAT ARE FAITH FULL FOLLOWERS AND DON'T LIKE THE SHOW.

LUCKY THAT MY CABLE PROVIDER IS PUTTING IT UP ON DEMAND SO I CAN WATCH IT ALL OVER AGAIN.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 4 months ago #14064

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic THE WALKING DEAD SEASON 2

MORE WONDERCON NEWS....

screenrant.com/walking-dead-season-2-zom...TV+and+Movie+News%29

The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman however, was at WonderCon this weekend doing more press for the series and his other upcoming works, and offered some juicy hints about The Walking Dead season 2, pointing out that there will be an exponentially increased amount of zombie killing.

“I can say, sitting here knowing what I know about the second season, that you can’t even see the bar because it’s been raised so much. There is all kinds of crazy stuff that is coming up. I’m really excited. I mean, you get 8 guys that like zombies that know they are doing a T.V. show like The Walking Dead, and they know that you can get away with the kind of things that we got away with on the first season. It really becomes just an effort to just find that thing that AMC is going to make us change. So we all sitting there going, “Oh, they are going to make us change that!” So there is a lot of cool stuff coming up.”

A large portion of the credit for the success of the adapting an adult zombie comic into an expensive live-action television series goes to AMC for letting Frank Darabont and company do what they did. Prior to The Walking Dead, it wasn’t fathomable that a zombie series, let alone an expensive, gritty and realistic one, would work on primetime TV. AMC let the creators and team faithfully adapt Kirkman’s comic and it paid off in spades. They now have a major hit.

With the boundaries the series pushed and knowing how lenient AMC has been thus far, what can they get away with in The Walking Dead‘s second season?

“I worry that we are getting a little too like, “Oh, yeah. They will let us do anything” just because they have been so accommodating and seemingly breaking their own rules by allowing us to put this kind of stuff on T.V. It’s really kind of shocking, but I think it’s a testament to how successful the show has been that they have been willing go to that extra mile. They are allowing a zombie show to be a zombie show. They are not pulling punches at all, and I think that is a big part of its success. People who like zombie movies can sit down and watch this, and not feel like they are getting a light version of a zombie movie. We plan to stretch those boundaries to the test on the second season.”

No one from the cast or crew has opened up to spoiling plot and character details about the the show’s second season, or how what comic storylines they will draw from and alter for the series, but hearing Kirkman talk about it in this manner is enough to raise fan anxiety for more Walking Dead come the fall.

Just like the comic series, Kirkman previously promised that the show will have an “evolving” cast so while series protagonist Rick Grimes might be safe for season 2, there will be character deaths and cast additions. Maybe Kirkman will get his wish of Charlie Sheen signing on? I hope not.

The Walking Dead season 2 will see the return of Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Sarah Wayne Callies, Laurie Holden, Jeffrey DeMunn, Steven Yeun, Chandler Riggs, Norman Reedus and the rest of the living cast members.
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 3 weeks ago #15457

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic WALKING DEAD SEASON 2

ENJOY

12 years 8 months ago #17448

Time to create page: 0.331 seconds