No Gatchaman thread?!

• flashmartin
  • flashmartin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 0

No Gatchaman thread?! was created by flashmartin

Gatchaman is totally awesome! I never could get into Battle of the Planets or G-Force, the first two english versions of Gatchaman, and I didn't even become a fan until after Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. So I bought the first ADV Films box set, and really loved it. The voice acting in ADV Films' dub was perfect! Ken The Eagle's been my favorite anime character since January. And TvC is also how I discovered Casshan, who was in a movie with an english version directed by none other than Carl Macek. But back to Gatchaman. The Power Rangers ain't got nothin' on them. That's how much Gatchaman kicks ass. And they also have probably the most exciting anime theme song of all time:

Also, there's a CGI Gatchaman movie being made by Imagi Studios (same studio that made TMNT and Astro Boy) that's set to be released by Warner Bros. next year.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by flashmartin.
13 years 4 months ago #14169

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:No Gatchaman thread?!

ONE OF MY FAVORITES FROM BACK IN THE DAY.

JUST THAT I HAVE NOT BEEN UP TO DATE ON IT LIKE ROBOTECH.

THANKS FOR THE FILL IN.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 4 months ago #14185

Replied by Troubleman245 on topic Re:No Gatchaman thread?!

Teaser trailer for the 2011 CGI Gatchaman feature:
13 years 4 months ago #14188

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re:No Gatchaman thread?!

Looks very interesting, I'll probably try to see it. This movie almost didn't get finished as the company temporarily went out of business during production. I wonder if WBs will cross promote it as a Battle of the Planet or G-Force movie even though its actually not, thinking the more well known titles would bring in a wider audience?
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
13 years 4 months ago #14197

Time to create page: 0.265 seconds