Movie categorie weirdness.

• Silverbolt
  • Silverbolt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Hi
  • Thank you received: 0

Movie categorie weirdness. was created by Silverbolt

Okay, so after perusing Netflix's movie categories, I noticed something a little screwy. They got really detailed when separating some of the movies. Like, instead of just "Comedies", they went into details like "Comedies with a female lead" and things like that.

Here's the screwy part, they still don't separate "Sci-fi & Fantasy"! Two distinct genres that, while they can and often do mix, could easily have different categories.

Anybody else find that weird?
"If I melt dry ice, can I swim without getting wet?" -Steven Wright
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Silverbolt. Reason: Grammar error.
11 years 10 months ago #19034

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Movie categorie weirdness.

NOTICED THAT CHANGE TOO.

SINCE THE KIDS HAVE NETFLIX ON THEIR NINTENDO 3DS AND WATCH A LOT OF ANIME I GET MORE FOR MY BROWSING ON EVERYTHING ANIME THAN WHAT I AM USED TOO.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
11 years 10 months ago #19052

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: Movie categorie weirdness.

Believe it or not, Netflix and other online media services are one of the main reasons why traditional anime distribution is undergoing a major change in North America.

Netflix is a boon to anime, as anime is more popular than ever in North America. However people are starting to prefer to have their media offline, does the cloud ring a bell. ;)

This is not good news to traditional media producers that rely on selling physical media like DVD's to the consumer.

The consumer has changed their way of how they wish to view their entertainment. Businesses that don't recognize this change fall by the way side, those quick enough to adapt learn to profit from this change.

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
11 years 10 months ago #19054

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds