• HashiNoUsagi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Anime Fan Survey was created by HashiNoUsagi

Just a few questions about your fandom:

1. How long have you been an anime fan?

2. What got you into anime?

3. How long have you been a Robotech(or maybe Macross) fan and what go you into it?

If anyone wants to add any questions, go for it.

1. I've only been a fan for about 11 years(going on 12).

2. I started watching Sailor Moon to make fun of it, but I got sucked into the story. In the 80's I had watched a few a children's anime series. Although I don't consider this the start of my fandom because I didn't know it was anime until years later and it didn't drive me to specifically seek out other anime series.

3. I watched Robotech the first time it aired on Toonami. At the time I was just getting into anime and was watching Voltron. Then one day they replaced Voltron with Robotech and I was mesmerized.
Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get banned from any forum.....yet.
15 years 1 month ago #3270

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Viper
  • Sentinal
  • Sentinal
  • Destroid Tomahawk Aficianado

Replied by Viper on topic Re:Anime Fan Survey

1) Roughly 20 years, off and on... I was a fan of Robotech during its' original airing, and before that, I cought the occasional episode of 'Star Blazers'. It didn't start to solidify as an art form, though, until many years later when I first saw 'Akira'.

2) Really, it would have to be 'Akira', or maybe 'Macross Plus'. I'd seen these during roughly the same period of time, and that's when my appreciation of the art form really came around.

3) Again, probably since its' first airing. It seemed to me, an eleven-year-old kid, to be so much more than the standard 'Saturday Morning Robot Cartoon'. I did enjoy 'Transformers', but RT just seemed to have a lot more... validity, I guess you'd call it. Looking at it now, a lot of it seems rather silly, but back then, it did have a sense of the tangible.
Wrongfully Banned by MEMO1DOMINION on Robotech.com!

www.destroidslastdance.com
15 years 1 month ago #3271

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Anime Fan Survey

3. How long have you been a Robotech(or maybe Macross) fan and what go you into it?

4.DO YOU STILL FOLLOW CARTOONS?

1.SINCE SPEED RACER AND THAT WHITE LION CAME OUT. I THINK THAT IS FAR I CAN REMEMBER. THEN FOLLOWED WITH HEIDI. AND THATS BACK IN THE 70'S.

2. I AM A FAN OF CARTOONS.
TOM AND JERRY, TOP CAT, LOONEY TUNES, POPEYE, SCOOBY DOO.. ETC ETC. I DID NOT KNOW THERE WAS A DIFFRENCE BETWEEN THEM AT THAT TIME.

3.SINCE IT AIRED IN 85.

4.BIG TIME!!!!!!!
I REMEMBER WHEN IT CAME A TIME AND WAS TOLD CARTOONS WAS FOR KIDS. BUT NOW MY KIDS WATCH ANIME AND CARTOONS WITH A PASSION.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
15 years 1 month ago #3277

• isamu
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Admiral Commander & Chief lol

Replied by isamu on topic Re:Anime Fan Survey

Since the 80's

I really got in to anime after watching Akira and Bubblegun Crisis

3. How long have you been a Robotech(or maybe Macross) fan and what go you into it? I watched Robotech when it use to air back in the mid 80's, Then things took of for me in high school aftrer watching Macross Plus, that got me back into the Robotech series again

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!!!
if you like my art and would like to see more of my work go to isamu5979.deviantart.com/
you can also go Here www.robotechx.com/index.php?option=com_k...iew&catid=12&id=2025 to see all the Pin-up girls
ROBOTECH AVATARS HERE: www.robotechx.com/forums/2-x-fandom/4266-avatars.html#5619
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by isamu.
15 years 1 month ago #3278

Replied by Adam_Schiller on topic Re:Anime Fan Survey

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

1.SINCE SPEED RACER AND THAT WHITE LION CAME OUT.

I LIKED TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE, TOO!
15 years 1 month ago #3279

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:Anime Fan Survey

I've been into anime since i was about 5

Well at five you like action LOL i had a copy of the Voltron movie and a few Robotech episodes at the time and they started it all off.
I've been into Robotech since 1987, Like i said my family had copied a tape we got from a video rental, I am not sure why they got it, prolly cause it looked like transformers. I was also into that at the time LOL!

4.Do you still follow cartoons?
Of course! most of my evenings are spent watching cartoons (mostly anime) with my fionce.
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by Last_Valk_Standing.
15 years 1 month ago #3287

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Anime Fan Survey

Adam_Schiller wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
15 years 1 month ago #3292

• Viper
  • Sentinal
  • Sentinal
  • Destroid Tomahawk Aficianado

Replied by Viper on topic Re:Anime Fan Survey

Adam_Schiller wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

I didn't need to see that... OHHH THE HUMANITY!!!
Wrongfully Banned by MEMO1DOMINION on Robotech.com!

www.destroidslastdance.com
15 years 1 month ago #3394

Replied by Veritech_IDEON on topic Re:Anime Fan Survey

Roughly ten years, but I'd seen some anime before that.

The first anime I ever saw was Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland. I was probably like four or five at the time. After that, I remember watching Voltron and Robotech when I was seven, but I didn't really get into anime until I saw DragonBall Z on Cartoon Network. After that, Cowboy Bebop, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Tenchi Muyo! really got me into anime to the point that I considered myself a fan.

Like I said above, I caught reruns of Robotech on Cartoon Network when I was seven. I remember thinking it was cool, but the story kinda went over my head and seemed way too sad. After all, it's a show where humanity is repeatedly near-annihilated. Anyway, a couple years ago, I decided to look back into the show after I got interested in Macross from Helen McCarthy's Anime Encyclopedia and I wanted to see how the shows compared. Suffice to say, I fell in love with the show and I haven't looked back since.
MACROSS SAGA > ROBOTECH MASTERS > NEW GENERATION

IMHO

My hobbies include:

Robotech

That's it.
15 years 1 week ago #3749

Replied by Star-Dragon on topic Re:Anime Fan Survey

1. Hard to say exactly. I will say early 70's, so when I was in diapers or just out of. So I've probably been an anime "fan" for over 30 years.

2. Again hard to say. I saw assorted things that I didn't KNOW were anime. I thought they they were just really GOOD cartoons and 99% of what I was subjected to on typical tv was trash. - I was teh kind of kid who despised Tom and Jerry and other totally mindless **** (flintstone/jetsons, ect).

I will say Science Ninja Team gatchaman (G-Force), or Space battleship yamato. Also everyday after school at same timeframe they showed a few Super Robot series rotated (Getter Robo G, Danguard Ace, Gaiking, Grendizer, and Spaceketters).

3. I was a fan since original airing. I happened to see it take the place of one of my shows at the time and was hooked since day one. It was a God send at the time cause there was nothing else like it on at the time. I think transformers was still on and was the only comparable show.
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by Star-Dragon.
14 years 11 months ago #4068

Time to create page: 0.560 seconds