District 9 Trailer

• isamu
  • isamu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Admiral Commander & Chief lol
  • Thank you received: 0

District 9 Trailer was created by isamu

I need to see more, but it has my Attention!

What do you guys think?
if you like my art and would like to see more of my work go to isamu5979.deviantart.com/
you can also go Here www.robotechx.com/index.php?option=com_k...iew&catid=12&id=2025 to see all the Pin-up girls
ROBOTECH AVATARS HERE: www.robotechx.com/forums/2-x-fandom/4266-avatars.html#5619
15 years 6 days ago #3824

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• isamu
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by isamu on topic Peter Jackson's District 9 Trailer Update

this is the same trailer! but with out the blurred alien
face and the Alien language has subtitles
hpe you guys enjoy! :laugh:

if you like my art and would like to see more of my work go to isamu5979.deviantart.com/
you can also go Here www.robotechx.com/index.php?option=com_k...iew&catid=12&id=2025 to see all the Pin-up girls
ROBOTECH AVATARS HERE: www.robotechx.com/forums/2-x-fandom/4266-avatars.html#5619
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by isamu.
14 years 11 months ago #3898

• isamu
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by isamu on topic Re:District 9 Trailer

Mecha in this movie! :D cant wait
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by isamu.
14 years 10 months ago #4393

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:District 9 Trailer

Now that looks hot.

On a side note it seems to me that Peter Jackson is useing the same director Neill Blomkamp who would be directing the Halo movie that the critics were screaming couldn't do a feature cause he hadn't the experience to do so. seems to me someone may be wrong on that count. This looks awesome.
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
14 years 10 months ago #4394

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:District 9 Trailer

Now this looks very interesting. Nice idea, something different. At first I thought it was just another INDEPENDENCE DAY. It also reminded of the game: EARTH DEFENSE FORCE. Where you kill a bunch of "Ravagers" ants and spiders haha.

In any case this solves the mystery of the bathroom sign for me at Comic Con last year. I thought it was pretty neat, but had no idea it was a movie.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by SIGHUP. Reason: Because. . .
14 years 10 months ago #4397
Attachments:

Replied by sanman on topic Re:District 9 Trailer

I saw this movie over the weekend, and it was awesome! The aliens have bodies which are roughly similar in structure to the Covenant Elites, which is unsurprising since movie director Neil Blomkamp did a lot of work on the Halo movie before it was canceled.

Anyway, South African actor Sharlto Copley does a great job as a bumbling bureaucrat who is transformed into a revolutionary hero by the time the film reaches its conclusion, after a rollercoaster ride. He strongly reminds me of Peter Sellers, and if anyone is looking to re-make The Pink Panther and needs someone to cast as Inspector Clouseau, this guy would do perfectly. Actually, put him alongside Steve Carrell's Maxwell Smart, and do a double action-comedy with Smart and Clouseau teaming up to fight the War on Terror, with perhaps Leslie Neilsen as their senile boss.

The special fx in this movie have to be seen to be believed. It's amazing what a superb job did they, especially considering that the film's entire budget was only $30 million. This puts the $200 million-dollar Transformers movies to shame. The alien vehicles including the power armor mecha in this movie looks fabulous, and are totally integrated with the live-action environment.

Now this gives me a lot of hope for a prospective Robotech Live Action movie, if they can show stuff that looks like this. I'm betting this movie will be a box office success, and the director has already said he's willing to do a sequel. The movie's ending certainly does set up the prospect for a sequel, and I'll be there to watch it, if it gets made.
14 years 8 months ago #5442

• Viper
  • Sentinal
  • Sentinal
  • Destroid Tomahawk Aficianado

Replied by Viper on topic Re:District 9 Trailer

Yeah, I saw it on Saturday. And, I have to agree with sanman. It was pleasantly, surprisingly good!

Anyway, South African actor Sharlto Copley does a great job as a bumbling bureaucrat who is transformed into a revolutionary hero by the time the film reaches its conclusion, after a rollercoaster ride. He strongly reminds me of Peter Sellers, and if anyone is looking to re-make The Pink Panther and needs someone to cast as Inspector Clouseau, this guy would do perfectly. Actually, put him alongside Steve Carrell's Maxwell Smart, and do a double action-comedy with Smart and Clouseau teaming up to fight the War on Terror, with perhaps Leslie Neilsen as their senile boss.

The special fx in this movie have to be seen to be believed. It's amazing what a superb job did they, especially considering that the film's entire budget was only $30 million. This puts the $200 million-dollar Transformers movies to shame. The alien vehicles including the power armor mecha in this movie looks fabulous, and are totally integrated with the live-action environment.

AS far as the notion of a 'Pink Panther' remake goes, well, anything would be better than Steve Martin. This guy could deffinately fill the bill.

I'm actually kind of blown away at the mention of such a small busget. It had the scope and feel of something a LOT larger.

The live-action/fx melding was amazing, as well. Another thing I like about the movie was that it wasn't overwhelmed with fx. what fx there are are used to help the story along.

Over all, I give it a 10 out of 10.
Wrongfully Banned by MEMO1DOMINION on Robotech.com!

www.destroidslastdance.com
14 years 8 months ago #5447

Replied by sanman on topic Re:District 9 Trailer

I really liked the power armor, and how it resembled the bugs themselves - Iron Prawn!

I don't know what those danglies were on the Prawn mouths, but the power armor had them too. Wikas seemed kind of squished inside there, as it was meant for an alien form factor. I liked that tractor field weapon, which allowed him to hurl a pig at one of the commandos firing at him. There was one scene where Wikas fires a swarm of missiles, in the classical itano circus anime style. The best visual was when the view was angled looking up at his mech, with the giant mothership in the background. It reminded me of the ending of the first episode of Robotech, when Rick first finds himself inside a battloid:

I would love to see a Robotech Live-Action movie done in a similar style, with the CG mechs seamlessly integrated with the actual scenery. SDF-1 could be just as large as that mothership.

Another Robotech similarity -- the "fuel" was biological, in that it was able to both mutate Wikas, and also able to power the command module ship. Reminds me of Protoculture, and how the Invid had both biological and energy source uses for it.

I'm gonna go see it again.
14 years 8 months ago #5456

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:District 9 Trailer

Hi sanman,
I agree it was awesome and I plan to see it again and I could not see the the resembalance to Halo,but the story is so awesome,Kinda reminds me of Tears of the Sun meets Star Craft and the "Prawns" kinda resembled the Protoss if you are familiar with the game.

And seeing that battle armor I know Robotech will own,.,If not Robotech then that rumored Metal Gear movie that is supposed to be in the making.

I am sorry for spoilers,

En Taro Adun
14 years 8 months ago #5459

Replied by sanman on topic Flowers from Algernon

I thought the moral allegory of a dystopian apartheid existence for these aliens, as a grittier version of Alien Nation, added to the weight of the story. This helped to keep it away from campiness, like Starship Troopers or Robocop.

Somehow I was a bit reminded of the Zentraedi and The Robotech Masters. Most of the aliens were lower-caste drones/workers with little independent thought or initiative, while some bugs like Christopher Johnson were from a higher thinker/intellectual caste, capable of higher thought and handling advanced technology.

I loved the funny Clouseau-style goofiness of the main hero, and how his initial depravity ultimately gives way to humanity, his wimpiness to backbone, even though in the end he physically loses his human form and is turned into an inhuman bug.

Did he end up as a dumb drone bug, or a smarter thinker bug? We don't know, except that he remembers enough of his dear wife to keep trying to send her flowers he makes from metal scraps.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by sanman.
14 years 8 months ago #5476

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds