Voltron Defender of the universe

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Voltron Defender of the universe was created by Pizza-the-Hutt

I am suprised no one here is a Voltron fan.I think Voltron Lion Force was superior to many other animes from the 80's,I cannot say much for the Vehicle Force because I can't remember much of it and I never bought the collectors series on dvd yet.

Some good news for Voltron fans!!!!
I recently just bought the Fleet of Doom Voltron movie,where it had both Voltrons teaming up side by side to save a planet.A must see for Voltron fans.
14 years 8 months ago #5520

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Voltron Defender of the universe

yeah voltron is another favorite of mine, I would watch that on toonami along with robotech.

speaking of voltron, in the venture brothers, they did a parody of it.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 8 months ago #5522

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Voltron Defender of the universe

FAN OF VOLTRON AS WELL.

AND HP, I REMEMBER THAT EPESODE.

HAHAHA
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 8 months ago #5528

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Veritech_IDEON on topic Re:Voltron Defender of the universe

I think Voltron Lion Force was superior to many other animes from the 80's

I don't know. I like GoLion, but Voltron as it was released in the US had some of the most horrific voice acting and silliest rewrites ever used in an anime adaptation. For instance, NO ONE who died in GoLion dies in Voltron. They just get sent to a "space hospital" or something silly like that.
MACROSS SAGA > ROBOTECH MASTERS > NEW GENERATION

IMHO

My hobbies include:

Robotech

That's it.
14 years 8 months ago #5686

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:Voltron Defender of the universe

I was a big fan of the original Movie but never got into the subsequent Series.
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
14 years 8 months ago #5696

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re:Voltron Defender of the universe

I was also a fan of the "Lion force" Voltron as a kid. Didn't really care for the "vehicle force" Voltron much though.

I do still have a few Voltron toys from when I was a kid... And I also have 2 small model kits, one of the Lion Force Voltron and 1 of the Vehicle Force Voltron. Those are pretty neat.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by Mark-Warlock.
14 years 7 months ago #6015

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Voltron Defender of the universe

Hi Mark,
I did buy one part of the vehicle force but when I tried to watch it for old time sakes the dvd's was defected or something because in my dvd player the disk vibrated and hummed and I took the set back and got Transformers G-1 season 1.

Also did you get the Toynami masterpiece Voltron?,I got mine from an ebay seller who was here in the same city and we met at a walmart and did the transaction in person.Hard core Voltran fan on my part huh?

I heard some good news that Warner Brothers had a hand in helping the Voltron LAM get the Lions rights so the movie is back on track.

And if you think Voltron Vehicle force was bad,I seen a Voltron Lion force STEALTH and it looked lame,all lions were black-gray with color trims indicating which color it was.I never saw the anime but the toy was not really bidded on.

As for the 80's toy,well I had a spoiled and jealous little brother so my old Voltrons never made it to my 20's (side not my stupid brother even broke my SDF-1 matchbox in 1989) so I got Toynami.
14 years 7 months ago #6017

Replied by Roganu on topic Re: Voltron Defender of the universe

I love Voltron. I really find that series to be quite entertaining. I love the music and the space opera feeling it brings out. Never saw Vehicle Voltron, save for "Fleet of Doom".

That being said, I do prefer King of Beasts GoLion. It's definitely more ballsy as far as kids' programming is concerned, what with the violence and some of the religious elements in it.

I'm still working on finishing Dairugger XV. I'm enjoying the Star Trek type of storytelling and characterization. I find it quite sophisticated for a super robot show.
Robotech... Macross... I like 'em both.
13 years 1 month ago #15275

Time to create page: 0.456 seconds