Dead Space

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • Last_Valk_Standing's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Dead Space was created by Last_Valk_Standing

Today's video game industry is growing ever closer to that of the film and even the novel industries. Many of our biggest video game hits are actually produced or developed by some of hollywoods finest be it in photography, set design, story development or voice talent. So when I first read about Dead Space by EA I got really excited.

Dead Space is a Sci-Fi Thriller game. What makes it so different is that it has been put together like a Horror film from square one. Producer Glen Schofield and Creative Director Bret Robbins have long been Horror fanatics and now they are working to bring the best of Sci-Fi horror to the gameing industry like never before.

This game isn't just ment to be exciteing,it's ment to scare you shitless. This one is setting up to change the industry and for thoes of us who enjoy a good scare I deffinitly recommend watching for this one.

Check out the game on the official EA site. deadspace.ea.com
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
15 years 11 months ago #610

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Dead Space

Clicking on link. . .

Looks pretty damn creepy. I like stuff like Silent Hill, but if its gonna scare me, I HATE suspense.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
15 years 11 months ago #611

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:Dead Space

Game Informer Magazine did an article on this game.

"This is like Alien meets Event Horizon" The game is all third person and has no cutscenes. If you think this is just another Doom frag-fest guess again. Dead Space is classified as a Horror Survival game. As I said before this one is MADE to make you feel like you are watching a horror film. or worse, actually being in one.

It's funny that you mention Silent Hill SIGHUP. That was actually one of the games the dev team studied as they worked to find out what makes a good horror title. Also movies such as Alien, Event Horizon, The Thing, and games like Resident Evil and Half-Life2. and influenced by works done by David Fincher (director ofseven, Fight Club, and The Game) Seven was really nasty too.

"Silent Hill:

Although Schofield (correctly) observes that Konamie's venerable Silent Hill franchise [dosen't] have the best combat, he does have high praise for a series that -perhaps even more then Resident Evil- delivers gamers a creepy, dreadful vibe. Schofield comments,'When you walk into and area in SH it feels corrupted and horrible."

Quotes and info from Game Informer Magazine and/or EA online.
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL

15 years 11 months ago #613

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Dead Space

heres another awesome game thats coming soon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens:_Colonial_Marines

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
15 years 11 months ago #619

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Dead Space

Last_Valk_Standing wrote:

Game Informer Magazine did an article on this game.

"This is like Alien meets Event Horizon" The game is all third person and has no cutscenes. If you think this is just another Doom frag-fest guess again. Dead Space is classified as a Horror Survival game. As I said before this one is MADE to make you feel like you are watching a horror film. or worse, actually being in one.

It's funny that you mention Silent Hill SIGHUP. That was actually one of the games the dev team studied as they worked to find out what makes a good horror title. Also movies such as Alien, Event Horizon, The Thing, and games like Resident Evil and Half-Life2. and influenced by works done by David Fincher (director ofseven, Fight Club, and The Game) Seven was really nasty too.

"Silent Hill:

Although Schofield (correctly) observes that Konamie's venerable Silent Hill franchise [dosen't] have the best combat, he does have high praise for a series that -perhaps even more then Resident Evil- delivers gamers a creepy, dreadful vibe. Schofield comments,'When you walk into and area in SH it feels corrupted and horrible."

Quotes and info from Game Informer Magazine and/or EA online.

WOW so this is influenced by all the stuff I absolutely love! Fincher, Half-Life and SILENT HILL!!!

Now I am really interested.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
15 years 11 months ago #620

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback

HappyPenguins wrote:

heres another awesome game thats coming soon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens:_Colonial_Marines

Heck yeah! I can't wait for that one! Aliens was my favorite of the series and this looks REALLY good. I used to have AVP gold but lost it some where along the way. ^ ^;

Member of AkL

15 years 11 months ago #625

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback

ok it may have been a year now but i just got my first chance to play this game and i have to say it was worth the wait. hehehe. Awesome game over all

Member of AkL

14 years 9 months ago #4933

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Dead Space

I actually own the game on the Playstation 3 version and I got all trophies and platinum and beat it like 3 times.This game is awesome and scary and if you are a game shooter fan then you will like this.

I kinda feel I cheated because before I bought the game I downloaded a couple free armor suits and gun upgrades when they were free.But it did not make a big differance in defence but it helped when I could carry more items.

One thing that keeps me thinking is the end,and maybe someone can agree that Isaac was attacked by an illusion of his mummyfied dead girlfriend because no one really looked like a mummy.I doubt this game was left open for a sequal,

Just think folks,,what would happen if someone on the SDF-1 discovered the Marker and took it aboard and Hell broke loose,imagine that story and would the Zents be afraid to reclaim it?,

Later folks
14 years 9 months ago #4937

• Seto-Kaiba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Seto-Kaiba on topic Re:Dead Space

I know I'm gonna have someone gripe at me for criticizing the game later... but here goes nothing.

Really, I didn't care much for Dead Space. I played it all the way through and had to sit back and ask myself why it was classified as "survival horror". There's really no horror in the game. It doesn't really scare you... the best it can manage is to startle. There's no subtlety, no pacing, and no real suspense... monsters leap into the spotlight to show themselves off so readily you'd swear you were being attacked by American Idol contestants. The weapon damage balance is kind of broken too... there are a few weapons that just do so much damage at once and have ammo so abundant that you'll never really need to use anything else, and end up throwing away half the ammo you find.

The one thing about the game that wowed me had nothing to do with the confused story, or the actual shooter gunplay, it was the game's PHYSICS ENGINE. It handled zero-g and low-g environments beautifully, better than any I had seen before.
14 years 9 months ago #4951

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback

lol i don't know about them showing off in the spot light. i got mugged just as the elevator doors opened more often the no.

Never got to the zero gee yet though. i look forward to seeing that

Member of AkL

14 years 9 months ago #4956

Time to create page: 0.529 seconds