Turbo

• sanman
  • Topic Author
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Thank you received: 0

Turbo was created by sanman

I liked this movie short - thought it was pretty good.

Watch the video:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/25/turbo-movie-trumps-natal-sphere-and-wii-motionplus/

opinions?
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 5 months ago #8130

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Turbo

We talked about the trailer for Turbo back in April, and now director Jarrett Conaway has put the entire short film up on the web for maximum watchability. While it's a short film, it manages to make a movie about video games look like ... a movie about video games (and not some overblown Bay-gasm). It also stars Justin Chon, one of the bit players from this weekend's mega-money-making New Moon, though he's thankfully not playing an emo crybaby in this.

Conaway describes his film as "The Karate Kid meets Tron," but it actually feels more like The Wizard updated with tons of CGI. Except there's no Nintendo Power Glove in it. But don't fret, there are gloves in this short film. And they definitely have some power.

Check out all of Turbo after the break. Conaway is hoping to make a full-length version of the film soon, which means you could see Turbo: The Video Game of the Video Game Movie at a store near you.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 5 months ago #8132

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Turbo

MY OPINION?

IT'S FAST PACED. SOME PLOT ELEMENTS ARE MISSING BUT THEY KEPT IT SHORT AND SIMPLE. THE ONLY CHARACTER YOU DRAW INTO IS HUGO AND HIS BROTHER, OF COURSE THEY DO HAVE THE MOST SCREEN TIME.

NOW, IN THE VIDEO GAME IT'S JUST MORTAL KOMBAT MOVIE, BUT BEING PLAYED BY REGULAR PLAYERS IS GREAT. SURE LIKE THE ORIGINALITY OF THE PLAYERS NOT BEING THESE YOUNG STREET FIGHTERS WITH AWESOME MOVES. AS LONG AS THEY CAN PLAY THE GAME AND DELIVER, AND HOPE THE OUT DUE THEIR OPONENT IS ENOUGH.

NICE SMALL FILM. HOPE THE DIRECT TO VIDEO COMES OUT.

LET ME KNOW WHEN IT DOES. WILL CHECK IT OUT.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 5 months ago #8133

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Turbo

Hmm, yes it was nice, simple and short. I enjoyed it.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 5 months ago #8177

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds