Astro Plan, China Macross

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:To hell with RT:LAM! Shadow Rising, here we come

CHINA SURE IS TAKING THEIR NEW INDUSTRY SERIOUSLY WHILE THEY CAN.

BUT NOT POSSIBLE TO USE IT DUE TO BEING TO CLOSE TO BW DESIGNS.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 3 months ago #8960

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Protoculture
  • Protoculture's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re:To hell with RT:LAM! Shadow Rising, here we com

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

THATS NOT JANICE. GIVE CREDIT WHERE ITS DUE.

THATS SHERYL NOME (NON NUDE VERSION)

I never meant her for Janice, apart from boobies connection .. :laugh:

Mei Ling is your standard Miriya / Maia in RT-verse, or indirectly a Miyria / Klan Klan derivative!

Mei Ling surely is one hot VF pilot!
14 years 3 months ago #8961

• Protoculture
  • REF Member
  • REF Member

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re:To hell with RT:LAM! Shadow Rising, here we com

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

CHINA SURE IS TAKING THEIR NEW INDUSTRY SERIOUSLY WHILE THEY CAN.

BUT NOT POSSIBLE TO USE IT DUE TO BEING TO CLOSE TO BW DESIGNS.

It is possible. Big West can do nothing at all, as Astro Plan is not a derivative of Macross franchise.

If that is the case, than in 1980s, GC Mospeada won't aired at all, due to obvious blatant Legioss (aka Alpha) to Valkyrie designs.

We have a winner, here, gentlemen!
14 years 3 months ago #8962

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:To hell with RT:LAM! Shadow Rising, here we come

We have a winner, here, gentlemen!

HAHAHA

YEP.
14 years 3 months ago #8963

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re:To hell with RT:LAM! Shadow Rising, here we com

Protoculture wrote:

You did noticed the enemy as Haydonite? Oh yes, and their designs are wayyyyy cooler than piss-poor RTSC Infiltrator mecha (though I dig the Wraith design).

Far be it from me to defend Shadow Chronicles (God, I can't believe I'm about to say this), the Infiltrator Battloid wasn't necessarily a bad design. It just looked AWFUL rendered as CGI. What I cannot fathom, for the life of me, is WHY Harmony Gold didn't decide to cell-shade all their CGI to at least ATTEMPT to make it blend with the anime. Shadow Chronicles had such great potential. The problem is that it had Tommy Yune as the creative 'genius' behind it.

There were some editorial decisions (artwork and storyline among others) that simply were stupid. Then there are the obvious animation continuity flaws like the disappearing/reappearing Synchro-Cannons and Augmentation Parts for the Super Alpha/Beta squadron.

Personally, I could probably stomach Shadow Chronicles more if it had its CGI entirely re-rendered as Cell Shading. The storyline would still be as vapid, but it would at least better animated.
14 years 3 months ago #8966

Replied by Sushispook on topic Re:To hell with RT:LAM! Shadow Rising, here we com

Shadow Chronicles had such great potential. The problem is that it had Tommy Yune as the creative 'genius' behind it.

.... aaaaand this is why I'm happy I came here, because I watched Shadow Chronicles a couple of times, and could not get over the glaring continuity errors and canonical problems it introduced.

Tommy's a fine artist, but after listening to that podcast interview with Carl Macek, they should have brought him back to helm this.

Even after buying a used copy of the collector's edition of Shadow Chronicles, and watching the outtakes and listeing to the commentary, I'm disgusted. Sure, better than Robotech 3000, but explosive diarrhea is better than Robotech 3000....
14 years 3 months ago #8971

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:To hell with RT:LAM! Shadow Rising, here we come

land sakes we got ourselves a live one!
HG there's your new Robotech
hurry hurry buy it buy it! Then make the special
announcement that Shadow Rising is no longer
on hold, it's finished and ready to goooo!

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 3 months ago #8978

Replied by save on topic Re:To hell with RT:LAM! Shadow Rising, here we come

Nothing more than a modern day Space Gundam V. So sad that with all that talent they can't come up with something original. Hope it is all just a fan project other wise in this day and age somebody will take them to court.
Make Protoculture not War!
14 years 3 months ago #8979

• Protoculture
  • REF Member
  • REF Member

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re:To hell with RT:LAM! Shadow Rising, here we come

Nothing more than a modern day Space Gundam V.

I won't say that. Sure, it copycat Macross Frontier / 7 with Gundam Seed, but hey, atleast it didn't adapted directly from original animes that itself shamelessly copied (remind us of RT, did we?)

But then, there's always re-editing tasks for HG to undertake to fit Astro Plan as RTSR. If HG can come up with the 1st ep of Robotech: Masters Saga using recycled footages from both Macross & Southern Cross, create a startlingly different storyline for RT than the original animes, HG can fit Astro Paln in RT-verse seamlessly.
14 years 3 months ago #8984

PROTO

atleast it didn't adapted directly from original animes that itself shamelessly copied (remind us of RT, did we?)

NOPE. RT DID WHAT IT DID WITH AN OWNED PROPERTY.

But then, there's always re-editing tasks for HG to undertake to fit Astro Plan as RTSR. If HG can come up with the 1st ep of Robotech: Masters Saga using recycled footages from both Macross & Southern Cross, create a startlingly different storyline for RT than the original animes, HG can fit Astro Paln in RT-verse seamlessly.

WHY BUY A ANOTHER ANIME WHEN THEY CAN MAKE THEIR OWN? WE SAW THAT IN SHADOW CHRONICLES. THEY DON'T NEED TO BUY. THEY CAN MAKE THEIR OWN.
14 years 3 months ago #8987

Time to create page: 0.570 seconds