Anyone else losing interest?

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

Sushispook wrote:

AMEN TO THAT!!

BRING ON THE SOUTHERN CROSS MERCH!!!

A @!#$-YEAH over here - provided that we apped "as long as it doesn't fall apart like a zombie in a woodchipper".

We need to advocate hard for it. I know that HG has the license for the designs.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
14 years 3 months ago #9114

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

Well,
Last few weeks or so I came to realize that I am slowly losing the "hype" I got after watching Shadow Chronicles and I liked the story and introduction of a new enemy for Robotech.

But lately all the debates here and there opened my eyes and made me realize that HG does not take Robotech seriously anymore.I discovered my own proof when I watched Shadow Chronicles again a few weeks ago and the special features had everyone fired up and 3 years later seems HG abandoned Robotech.

People constantly babble "we're working on it" and "Tobey said he will work on it" is just plain bullcrap.Only die hard fanbays (more a fan than me believe it or not) refuse to accept that Robotech is in a comatose state and the only thing keeping it on life support is the limited stuff they sell and the handfull of people who log on and support it.

It takes more than toys to keep Robotech alive people.And from what I was told the reissues will have the corrections to Prelude to SC because the Prelude was rushed.
14 years 3 months ago #9116

Replied by HashiNoUsagi on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

Pizza the Hutt wrote:

People constantly babble "we're working on it" and "Tobey said he will work on it" is just plain bullcrap.Only die hard fanbays (more a fan than me believe it or not) refuse to accept that Robotech is in a comatose state and the only thing keeping it on life support is the limited stuff they sell and the handfull of people who log on and support it.

HG would have to be stupid to not be working on anything right now. SC was set up for a sequel. The problem is what is taking them so long to do it. Since this is pretty much all they are working on, I'm assuming they are going to drag it out as long as possible.
Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get banned from any forum.....yet.
14 years 3 months ago #9145

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

WOW.. MORE SOUTHERN CROSS FANS...

:S
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 3 months ago #9162

Replied by LT-Grishnahck on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

WOW.. MORE SOUTHERN CROSS FANS...

DAMN RIGHT!!! B)
"Anything is preferable to the domination of the Invid"

I'm with Supreme Commander Leonard.

HAIL TO THE D.O.L.
aka Hermann2 at RT.com

In the Middle Universe, evil fears Daltanias.
14 years 3 months ago #9178

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

HEY LT,

DID YOU ALREADY SET YOUR PAGE SETTING TO YOUR FAVORITE SAGA? RIGHT CORNER ABOVE YOU CAN CLICK ON THE BOTTONS TO CHANGE TO YOUR PREFERABLE PAGE SETTINGS.

MINE IS ON SHADOW CHRONICLES.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 3 months ago #9181

Replied by Autobotdan on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

I'm a southern cross fan myseif. I want masterpiece hovertanks and ajacs cppters by toynami! And on topic I think HG needs to get shadow rising done asap..
14 years 3 months ago #9184

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

HashiNoUsagi

HG would have to be stupid to not be working on anything right now. SC was set up for a sequel. The problem is what is taking them so long to do it. Since this is pretty much all they are working on, I'm assuming they are going to drag it out as long as possible.

Actually they did stop working on the "birth of a sequel" because of the RLAM for the last 2 years.Voice actors were all ready and things ready to roll then suddenly NOTHING because if what we been told is true,HG made the LAM their priority which was a idiotic mistake because we see the results from stopping the sequel today and that is 3 years of nothing.

I think if anyone of us walked near the Robotech department at HG it would be so dark and quiet that we could actually hear *crickets* and a snail crawling around.Maybe even pick up the noise a spider makes when it spins a web.
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by Pizza-the-Hutt.
14 years 3 months ago #9192

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

This is just speculation but probably true.

What HG wants to do is ride the "monetary wave" that will result from the RLAM. They've stated many times that they are waiting on the RLAM to proceed further. Makes a lot of sense to me. If the RLAM is a hit, you'll have more $$$ to hire better artists maybe better writers ha!
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 3 months ago #9223

Replied by sorral on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

I think that if HG is waiting for the LAM, we are all screwed. That means we will not see anything for at least a year, maybe more.

I like the fact that HG has licensed RT to be seen on YouTube, but that is a small flash in the pan. If they are actually working on any new animated content they are keeping it really quiet.

With little or no content, being banned from RT.com (they will not answer my emails, reinstate me, but Rhade is back on!) I really have a hard time being interested. I stop in here just to see if there is any news of new content, or the LAM, but nothing so far. I hate being right all the time, but I have been saying for years....ROBOTECH IS DEAD.....and it is a shame...

REST IN PEACE ROBOTECH!
"Guns don't kill, husbands that come home early do"....Larry the Cable Guy
14 years 3 months ago #9227

Time to create page: 0.428 seconds