New PS3's made to be backward compatable

• Ghost-Maker
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

New PS3's made to be backward compatable was created by Ghost-Maker

I read some good news for Playstation 3 fans!

Soon the PS story will provide some type of emulator DL that will allow you to play old Playstation 2 games and/or buy the old PS2 titles and DL them to your HDD or some how make them DL your PS2 games to your HDD so we all might need new HDD with more gigs,A sad part of this rumor is even if you own alot of PS2 games,you might have to buy them again,but I doubt that part is true if Sony needs customer support then they might keep it simple.

That is good news for those who has either a old non-BC PS3 or the new PS3 slim and has a hoard stash of PS2 games (like me) and likes to pop in a good game every now and then and go retro(I still play Metal Gear 2&3 and DBZ T2 and B3).I know if my old 60 gig breaks down again I might just get the PS3 slim and upgrade the HDD.

At last,my other gamer friends can stop fearing the PS3.
14 years 6 months ago #7175

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by HashiNoUsagi on topic Re:New PS3's made to be backward compatable

I doubt this is true. If anything Sony will allow you to re-purchase your ps2 games through the store.

I know someone who works for Sony and they haven't heard of any plans to bring backwards compatibility back. If it is true it is a well hidden secret. I'm sure as soon as the person knew that it was coming they would let me know because I always bitch about them taking that feature out. Of course the person doesn't work with the people who would be working on that sort of thing.
Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get banned from any forum.....yet.
14 years 5 months ago #7270

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:New PS3's made to be backward compatable

PS3 doesn't have left 4 dead :]

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 5 months ago #7273

• Seto-Kaiba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Seto-Kaiba on topic Re:New PS3's made to be backward compatable

Eh... now that the price has come down and Sony has finally done something about backwards-compatibility with games for previous Sony Playstation titles, the Playstation 3 may gain some appeal with console gamers now.

Of course, if it turns out not to be true and they want all Playstation 3 owners to buy their favorite PS2 and PS1 titles again in a virtual store (the Nintendo strategy), it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Even if they do, it's too little, too late. The Playstation 3 has by far the worst market share of any current-gen console, and even though the price has come down, it's not really going to change anything. The other consoles are still cheaper and better-established, with a wider array of games.

If the PS3 can be said to be the king in one area, it's the most cost-effective blu-ray player money can buy.
14 years 5 months ago #7275

• Ghost-Maker
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Ghost-Maker on topic Re:New PS3's made to be backward compatable

Ay CARAJO!

Seto
Don't jinx this,-"Of course, if it turns out not to be true and they want all Playstation 3 owners to buy their favorite PS2 and PS1 titles again in a virtual store (the Nintendo strategy), it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest."-

That was one of the sad rumors that might come to pass because if I had to re-purchase ALL my Playstation 2 games again,then I am sticking with my 60 gig PS3,well the one I got is still new because my old one died and I paid to get a new one from Sony.But I was thinking about getting a PS3 Slim for my sister.

Just look at how bad the PSP customers are hit,the new PSP's are all DL's and no way to play old titles.I am glad I never got one of those,I so wanted to buy one for Metal Gear but it would be lame to get a game system just for one game,no others got my attention.
14 years 5 months ago #7291

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by HashiNoUsagi on topic Re:New PS3's made to be backward compatable

Seto Kaiba wrote:

Even if they do, it's too little, too late. The Playstation 3 has by far the worst market share of any current-gen console, and even though the price has come down, it's not really going to change anything. The other consoles are still cheaper and better-established, with a wider array of games.

That is not true for Japan, where the PS3 trumps the 360. More games doesn't mean quality or sales.

I have all 3 systems, a DS, and a PSP(along with a ton of other older systems). I'm not interested in the PSP Go or the DSi yet. There's plenty of games I like on the PSP: Lumines, Taiko, the Tales games, Crisis Core, Loco Roco, Crazy Taxi, Parappa, and a million other games I can't think of -_-; It's really all about the games you're into. I don't play shooter games, so I rarely play the 360.
Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get banned from any forum.....yet.
14 years 5 months ago #7733

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:New PS3's made to be backward compatable

I LOVE MY

NINTENDO CUBE, 64, SNES, NES. (KIDS HAVE DS)

PS2.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 5 months ago #7737

• mecha2241
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by mecha2241 on topic Re:New PS3's made to be backward compatable

I just had to get a new PS3 a couple of weeks ago unfortunatly, my 60gb won't read blu-rays anymore. I wish I had waited another week or so before buying the 120gb because for $50 I would have bought the 250gb, oh well...
14 years 5 months ago #7741

• Ghost-Maker
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Ghost-Maker on topic Re:New PS3's made to be backward compatable

Mecha
If you still have old PS3 that is broken then see if the store where you got the new PS3 will take it back.because for about $168.00 Sony will either repair or replace your old 60Gb system if it did not stop working without abuse.I sent mine back and they sent me a brand spanking new 60Gb and that is the best PS3 system to have.

It was easy,they mail you a box with packing instructions and you take it to UPS.I had a PS3 friend who had the Metal Gear Solid 4 edition and he got one replaced too.

60Gb is worth keeping if you still have a cluster of PS2 games.
14 years 5 months ago #7745

• mecha2241
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by mecha2241 on topic Re:New PS3's made to be backward compatable

Actually I'm still using the old system for DVD's. I haven't checked yet, but I'm sure it will still play the PS2 games, so I'm just going to use it for DVD's and PS2 games.
14 years 5 months ago #7746

Time to create page: 0.359 seconds