Mega House 1/15 Dark Ride Armor (Event Exclusive)

• Lobizon
  • Lobizon's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Mega House 1/15 Dark Ride Armor (Event Exclusive) was created by Lobizon

Awesome review by Micronian Ace from Scorched Earth Toys

Observations & Critique: Once you go black…

The first thing that grabs you about this toy is the untraditional black and white box. Mega House has also upgraded their inner plastic trays, but the effect is minimal. The extras are standard fare if you own a Stig-type Ride Armor but this time they included a sticker sheet (see below).

Mega House is apparently only selling this item for three days (1 day at Summer Wonderfest, 2 days at C3) and hasn’t specified how many are available. The box, to my knowledge, doesn’t mention anything about a limited status so I think that leaves a small chance we will see this toy appearing as other convention exclusives. That said, it’s probably more likely that Mega House would just give Ray and Yellow the black treatment at future events if this model proves exceedingly popular. All feedback I’ve heard so far has been great so if you want one I wouldn’t dilly-dally too long on picking it up. Just the same, it never appeared in the show so I imagine that will keep some people from chasing it down.

The rider figure is still hideously proportioned with a giraffe neck. This has been a huge gripe of mine all along and while black may be slimming it doesn’t hide proportion issues. Once the rider is on the bike and posed things look a little better and, fortunately, once the armor is on everything looks just right. The new paint scheme uses great touches of ultra shiny plastic, matted plastic, gray tones, and gold highlights to look absolutely superb. The black visor is an immediate upgrade from the standard purple visors although it’s a bit of a shame that it isn’t more transluscent. The rider is obviously just a repainted Stig figure, he has a darker complexion and brown hair (Stig with a latin flare). You can make yourself a sweet Jonathan Wolff (Robotech name) special ops figure with the included decals (decals shown below with promotional weapons package). A common hope was that MH would revisit their tire size, that has not appeared to happen.

The big upgrade here comes just after the figure’s elbows in the form of a new swivel joint the original Stig figure lacked. This will probably come in more handy with the Yellow Ride Armor and maybe a future re-release of Ray’s Ride Armor.

Black plastic shows stress marks REALLY well and so I was relieved to transform mine and not see any stress marks when I was done (phew). The area the arrow is pointing at below had been stressed on my Stig bike but is fine here. Also note that I was willing to transform this sweet little figure, you will see in future posts that I took no such risks with my CMs exclusives.

With the new swivel joint at the elbow must come slightly improved articulation. Unfortunately, nothing has been done to improve the toy’s ability to stand on its own. I eventually got it into a couple poses without the stand but it was quite the effort so expect to be using the big black display stand more often than not.

As exclusives go, I really love this one. If it had actually appeared in the animation at some point it would have been even better. It’s definitely an improvement over the original Mega House Stig release. I hope there are more Dark Ride Armor variants in our future. If you’re wondering how much you should pay for one, they retail at the events for approximately the same amount as the regular edition toys so it’s all up to how much of a premium you’re willing to pay for the rareness/coolness of it.

Thanks Micronian for your awesome review and you guys please visit Scorched Earth Toys in our link section for more awesome reviews like this.

Saludos Lobi ;)
15 years 8 months ago #1291

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Veritech_IDEON on topic Re:Mega House 1/15 Dark Ride Armor (Event Exclusive)

Looks pretty cool!:woohoo:
MACROSS SAGA > ROBOTECH MASTERS > NEW GENERATION

IMHO

My hobbies include:

Robotech

That's it.
15 years 8 months ago #1292

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re:Mega House 1/15 Dark Ride Armor (Event Exclusive)

More pics of the Mega House 1/15 Dark Ride Armor

Enjoy it!!!!:)

Saludos Lobi ;)
15 years 8 months ago #1314

Replied by Veritech_IDEON on topic Re:Mega House 1/15 Dark Ride Armor (Event Exclusive)

The review mentions models for Ray and Yellow, but is there one for Houquet?

IMHO

My hobbies include:

Robotech

That's it.
15 years 8 months ago #1316

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Mega House 1/15 Dark Ride Armor (Event Exclusive)

yes!!!

great review. not into teh whole black thing. but wont mind a clear one.

hehehe
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
15 years 8 months ago #1320

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=

Replied by Lobizon on topic CMs 1/18 Clear/Metallic Houquet Ride Armor

Veritech_IDEON wrote:

but is there one for Houquet?

The pic for now is the only info I can get sorry @Veritech

Saludos Lobi ;)
15 years 8 months ago #1338

Replied by Veritech_IDEON on topic Re:CMs 1/18 Clear/Metallic Houquet Ride Armor

Awesome!:laugh:

IMHO

My hobbies include:

Robotech

That's it.
15 years 8 months ago #1339

Time to create page: 0.501 seconds