TOTALL RECALL.. OF THE MPC FROM TOYNAMI.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

TOTALL RECALL.. OF THE MPC FROM TOYNAMI. was created by MEMO1DOMINION

WOW.

AFTER SEEING THE BETA AT COMIC CON AND WAS GIVIN THE CHANCE TO PLAY WITH IT BEFORE IT WENT ON DISPLAY (WHY I PRE ORDERED A BETA) I REALLY FELT THE QUALITY WAS SUPERB WHEN IT FINALLY CAME OUT.

BUT TO HEAR ABOUT THE ALPHAS ESPECIALLY AFTER THE QC PROBLEMS AND AND THAT TOYNAMI HAS A RECALL...... REALLY PUTS A TWO STEPS BACK ONE STEP FORWARD SITUATION. I ONLY GOT ME THE SCOTT BERNARD AND EVER SINCE FROM THE PROBLEMS THAT PERSISTED HAVE NOT BOUGHT ANY OF THE ALPHAS MPC'S.

EVEN THE 30 DLRS AND 25 DOLRS ONES I SEE AROUND THERE AT COLLECTORS SHOPS. THOSE I THINK PEOPLE BUY JUST TO SEE IF THEY CAN SALVAGE PARTS TO MAKE A BETTER ONE AND I THINK THE WORD OF THE YEAR IS.......

"FRANKINSTINING"

I SAY SCREW THE MPC'S OF THE BETA BATCH THAT TOYNAMI HAD BEEN PUTTING OUT AND GO WITH A NEW LINE OF BETTER AND IMPROVED NEW LINE OF MPC'S WORTHY OF STANDING SIDE BY SIDE WITH THE NEW ALPHA.

AND THEN.... I WILL BUY THE COLLECTION SET.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
15 years 3 months ago #2243

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:TOTALL RECALL.. OF THE MPC FROM TOYNAMI.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE PICTURES OF THE ALPHAS MPC'S THAT THEY WOULD LIKE TO SHARE?

AND IF YOU FRANKENSTINED THEM, LET US KNOW WHAT YOU DID AND HOW IT WORKED OUT.

THANKS.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
15 years 3 months ago #2244

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Only, Maia Shadow Fighter Recall!

Due to numerous complaints about the quality, Toynami is recalling the Maia Masterpiece Shadow Fighter

by: Steve Yun

Here is Toynami's announcement regarding the Maia Masterpiece Shadow Fighter:

To Our Customers:

It has been brought to our attention that there have been numerous complaints concerning the quality of the Robotech Shadow Chronicles Movie Edition: Maia Shadow Fighter Masterpiece. Upon our own investigation, we have discovered that the product indeed is far below our level of acceptability in terms of standards of quality. A new factory was enlisted to manufacture this product for us, and it is apparent now that they were unable to deliver the high level of quality that our customers expect, and that we demand. As a result, we are recalling the product, effective immediately.

For the following 60-day period, we will honor all returned product for a full refund. Should any of your customers report a defective product, we ask that you provide them a refund. We in turn will refund your payment to us upon return of the defective items.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you very much for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Toynami, Inc.

UPDATE 2008.01.20 @ 4PM:

We just spoke with George Sohn from Toynami and got some more info.

The Maia Masterpiece Shadow Fighter recall is voluntary to customers, since no health hazard is involved. If you want a refund, please contact the retailer that you purchased the Maia from and ask for a return authorization. If you purchased yours from Robotech.com, please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Toynami is planning on re-manufacturing Maia Sterling later this summer with the corrections and higher quality control. The tentative plan is to have them made at the factory that manufactured the Beta Fighters.

Source: www.robotech.com/news/viewarticle.php?id=383

Lobi ;)
15 years 3 months ago #2245

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by MGREXX on topic Re:TOTALL RECALL.. OF THE MPC FROM TOYNAMI.

WOW!!! This is crazy. I got mine and it was a bit rough but I didn't think it was THIS F*ed up!!! I guess it's a return and hopefully, we will get a better one this summer....after all, the mold has been around for over two years!!!!

Mod Edit: ( not related issue );)
Last edit: 15 years 3 months ago by Lobizon.
15 years 3 months ago #2246

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:TOTALL RECALL.. OF THE MPC FROM TOYNAMI.

wow i'm glad i waited to order one. I'll be able to put away some tax cash and order at my liesure now.
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
15 years 3 months ago #2253

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:TOTALL RECALL.. OF THE MPC FROM TOYNAMI.

well damn, makes me glad I didnt waste the money!

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
15 years 3 months ago #2269

Time to create page: 0.475 seconds