AOSHIMA ALPHA

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

AOSHIMA ALPHA was created by MEMO1DOMINION

2009 Shizuoka Hobby Show AOSHIMA HAD A BOOTH SHOWCASING TOYS. LOOKING AROUND I FOUND THAT THEY DISPLAYED THE BETAS AND ONE ALPHA.

SINCE TOYNAMI WENT WITH A DIFFERENT COMPANY TO MANUFACTURE THE ALPHA AFTER THE LAST FIASCO WITH THE CHINES MAKERS, WHO LATER THE MOLDS WERE DAMAGED, IT WAS REPORTED THAT THE BETA MAKERS WOULD NOW DO THE ALPHA. ESPECIALLY THE PINK ONE.

IT WAS REPORTED AT CONS BY HG THAT THE ALPHA ARE SUPPOSED TO COME OUT END OF 2009. BEING DECEMBER AND LESS THAN A MONTH, WENT TO CHECK AROUND FOR ANYTHING ON THE SUBJECT. THING I CAME UP WITH IS PICS FROM A TOYFARE IN JAPAN. BUT NO Maia's VFA-6ZX Shadow Fighter of MPC

www.nekomagic.com/?p=5254

"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 4 months ago #8356

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re:AOSHIMA ALPHA

That sounds great, if Aoshima is picking up the contracts for the TSC alpha's.

I have my MOSPEADA set and are by far better then those Robotech ones.
14 years 4 months ago #8358

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by save on topic Re:AOSHIMA ALPHA

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

2009 Shizuoka Hobby Show AOSHIMA HAD A BOOTH SHOWCASING TOYS. LOOKING AROUND I FOUND THAT THEY DISPLAYED THE BETAS AND ONE ALPHA.

SINCE TOYNAMI WENT WITH A DIFFERENT COMPANY TO MANUFACTURE THE ALPHA AFTER THE LAST FIASCO WITH THE CHINES MAKERS, WHO LATER THE MOLDS WERE DAMAGED, IT WAS REPORTED THAT THE BETA MAKERS WOULD NOW DO THE ALPHA. ESPECIALLY THE PINK ONE.

IT WAS REPORTED AT CONS BY HG THAT THE ALPHA ARE SUPPOSED TO COME OUT END OF 2009. BEING DECEMBER AND LESS THAN A MONTH, WENT TO CHECK AROUND FOR ANYTHING ON THE SUBJECT. THING I CAME UP WITH IS PICS FROM A TOYFARE IN JAPAN. BUT NO Maia's VFA-6ZX Shadow Fighter of MPC

When the Legioss were fist released in Japan pretty much 100% were returned or replaced due to the horrible QC. Then Aoshima removed them from their product line completely. They also stopped showing the prototype transformable Tread and when asked at s Shizuoka 2008 they said they were not aloud to talk about it only said it may not get released in Japan.

Then after Aoshima delivered the Tread to Toymani and the reception it got they decided to sell it in Japan. Recently there is an influx of collectors selling their Scott MPC Alphas in Tokyo, for next to nothing. I'm guessing they want matching sets so they are selling off the MPC since the Toynami Beta are not getting official distribution here nor do most Japanese fancy the book style box.

I have spoken to many people in Aoshima at drinking parties and they find HG's story about what happened pretty much not to be the case. Even if Aoshima did the Maia Alpha it would still have the same QC as the first MPC release unless it is a 100% rebuild with all new molds. Also the first recalled Maia did not have the improved Aoshima hips and leg joints.
Make Protoculture not War!
14 years 4 months ago #8360

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:AOSHIMA ALPHA

HEY SAVE, THANKS FOR THE UPDATE. WE KNOW HOW THOSE DRINKING PARTY'S INFORMATION FLOWS.
14 years 4 months ago #8366

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by save on topic Re:AOSHIMA ALPHA

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

HEY SAVE, THANKS FOR THE UPDATE. WE KNOW HOW THOSE DRINKING PARTY'S INFORMATION FLOWS.

I don't remember "WE" being at any of the drinking parties.
Make Protoculture not War!
14 years 4 months ago #8426

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:AOSHIMA ALPHA

SAVE

I don't remember "WE" being at any of the drinking parties.

HEHEHE, I MEANT BEING IN ONE... NOT THE ONES I BEEN. :P
14 years 4 months ago #8430

Time to create page: 0.311 seconds