ANIMATION ON DISPLAY VIDEOS

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:ANIMATION ON DISPLAY VIDEOS

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

EH?

HMMM... NOT A BAD IDEA. SO, WHAT YOU HAVE IN MIND? A CELEBRATION THREAD ON THE ANNIVERSARY? HOPE I CAN GET SOME TIME OFF. WAS THINKING OF WATCHING A FEW FAVORITE EPISODES ON HULU.

We could do a marathon of episodes thread. Or even better, if Genesis is up and running by then, we could all log on at the same time and watch it together. Maybe even both. We'll have to secify date and coordinate. but it could be cool. We should ask if Genesis will be up bythen to coenside.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by blackconvoy_D01.
14 years 2 months ago #9693

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Replied by zinjo on topic Re:ANIMATION ON DISPLAY VIDEOS

Interesting stuff.

The 5 month production schedule on RT certainly explains the horrible dialog throughout the series. No time to be clever, just scribble it down and get the actors to say it.
Unfortunately it doesn't explain the same poor dialog in the Shadow Chronicles!

I got a good laugh out of the responses to the Macross questions though.

Thanks for the vids, they were very informative.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by zinjo.
14 years 2 months ago #10236

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:ANIMATION ON DISPLAY VIDEOS

zinjo

I got a good laugh out of the Macross questions though.

EDITED YOUR POST

FOR ALL LEGALITY DEBATES GO IN THE CANNON FODDER FORUM. YOU COULD CHIME IN THERE.

THANKS.

MEMO
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #10237

Replied by zinjo on topic Re:ANIMATION ON DISPLAY VIDEOS

Thanks for the heads up, however it is unfortunate you didn't scan the whole post.

You would have found comments regarding the RT Movie and Shadow Rising underneath the offending legal comments...

Regards
14 years 2 months ago #10239

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:ANIMATION ON DISPLAY VIDEOS

zinjo wrote:

Thanks for the heads up, however it is unfortunate you didn't scan the whole post.

You would have found comments regarding the RT Movie and Shadow Rising underneath the offending legal comments...

Regards

psst it's memo
any mention of legalities between RT and macross is a no no here :silly:
he obviously didn't read your entire post
just the parts that stuck out lol :side:

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 2 months ago #10240

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

zinjo

Regards

OOPS...

NOW REALLY MY BAD.

ZINJO, I READ THROUGH SOME OF IT AND FELT MORE OF A JAB OF LEGALITY LIKE RECENT POST OF YOURS.

SO AGAIN SORRY.

HappyPenguins

any mention of legalities between RT and macross is a no no here
he obviously didn't read your entire post
just the parts that stuck out lol

WE ONLY ALLOW LEGALITY IN CANNON FODDER. THANKS TO SETO WHO WAS POSTING ALL OVER THE PLACE (FELT YOU WERE DOING THE SAME) AND JUST PUT IT IN ONE PLACE. JUST LIKE "OTHER FORUMS" WITH THEIR HG,TATSU/BW.SN DEBATES TO ONE PLACE.

DID READ THE WHOLE POST. MORE THAN HALF WAS ABOUT LEGALITY.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 2 months ago #10251

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re:ANIMATION ON DISPLAY VIDEOS

Zinjo wrote;

The 5 month production schedule on RT certainly explains the horrible dialog throughout the series. No time to be clever, just scribble it down and get the actors to say it.
Unfortunately it doesn't explain the same poor dialog in the Shadow Chronicles!

Just a little clarification, the production schedule on Robotech the shadow chronicles is for producing the animation only, ADR (Automatic Dialogue Recording) is done in post after the finished animation is produced. As for the script and screenplay which the actors use to say their lines, that's written in development and sometimes revisions are made throughout the pre-production cycle as well.

So really, I would say that the Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles probably took almost a year to produced, if not more. The animation portion was done in 5 months during production.

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
14 years 2 months ago #10260

In fact, development on Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles started much earlier. Reknowned SF author Robert J. Sawyer actually wrote the original series bible for Robotech The Shadow Chronicles which I believe was intended to be the pilot for a new animated series if did end being picked by a major network.

sfwriter.com/2006/05/robotech-and-me_26.html

As noted, Robotech The Shadow Chronicles would of ended being a syndicated animated series hosted by whichever network picked it up. Hence the bumper videos on the Robotech The Shadow Chronicles DVD and Blu-Ray found on the extra features.

Mind you, since Harmony Gold found a distributor via Funimation and its success in DVD sales led not only to announce another sequel for production with Robotech Shadow Rising, but also attracted the likes of Warner Brothers to expand their comic rights which they had originally with Harmony Gold to include both the film rights and merchandising rights tied to the property.

The life cycle of the development Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles is far longer than people have perceived and we may see some of its influences on the big screen.

Mav...
14 years 2 months ago #10261

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

ZINJO (QUOTE FROM CANNON FODDER)

I'm sure Shinji Aramaki was available to draw up some new designs based on his Mospeada work, but in reading this thread, if the the production budget was indeed only 1M, then there probably wasn't much money to contract out for new designs.

Too bad.

I would have loved to see what he would have come up with now!

SHINJI ARAMAKI DID DO SOME NEW ART OF PRE EXISTING CHARACTERS. AND WORKED PARTIALLY WITH TOMMY WHILE IN JAPAN. UP TO ALSO WORKED ON ROBOTECH INVASION COMICS BY WILDSTORM AS COVER ARTIST.

HG HIRED HIM AS WELL FOR WRITING THE FIRST TREATMENT OF SHADOW CHRONICLES. THOUGHT LIKE MANY OTHER WRITERS WHO SUBMITTED TREATMENTS, MR ARAMAKI DID NOT MAKE THE CUT AS A WRITER. I WOULD HOPE SOMEDAY HG WILL RELEASE EXCERPTS OF THE TREATMENT SO ARAMAKI FANS CAN READ WHAT HE WROTE FOR SHADOW CHRONICLES.

MAV

The Shadow Chronicles started much earlier. Reknowned SF author Robert J. Sawyer actually wrote the original series bible for Robotech The Shadow Chronicles

HERE
www.sfwriter.com/2006/05/robotech-and-me_26.html

Friday, May 26, 2006

Had a wonderful two-hour lunch today with Tommy Yune, co-director of the recently completed movie Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles. To my absolute delight, Tommy told me I get a "thanks to" credit at the end of the film.

Why's that, you ask? Well, back in early 2003, I was hired by Harmony Gold to write a series bible for a potential revival of Robotech. I worked very closely with Tommy on that (he flew to Toronto from Los Angeles so we could work together at my home from Sunday, February 15, to Friday, February 21, 2003).

As often happens in Hollywood, the project ended up going in other directions, and my proposal (called Robotech: Rendezvous with Destiny) was never made. But Tommy says it was an important part of the development process for the final film they did end up producing. I haven't seen the full film yet (it was just screened at Cannes!), but the excerpts I've seen look amazingly good.

I'm tickled pink about all this: I have nothing but fond memories of the time I spent working on reviving Robotech, and Tommy and I have remained great friends ever since.

I CAN SEE THE RELATION BETWEEN SOME OF HIS BOOKS AND THE HYBRID THING

www.sfwriter.com/

Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 2 months ago #10266

As I feared memo, Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles may have been too cerebral for most fans to take. Having a reknowned Hugo award winner and Hard SF writer of the caliber such as that of Robert J. Sawyer, might of been one reason why some fans cannot comprehend the hidden underlaying and subset that's hidden within the context of the plot.

I guess to really appreciated Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles you need to atleast have a masters degree, ethier that or dumb it down for the average otaku to comprehend for the next sequel in Robotech: Shadow Rising.

'Space whales or sniper mechs, anyone?'
14 years 2 months ago #10268

Time to create page: 0.592 seconds